Found the hydraulic leak today.

Witchgrass

Equipment
Contruction
Mar 12, 2017
Bandera, Texas
I bought a used L4400 a few months ago, and noted that there was a slight leak from under the seat, somewhere. Just a slow drip, just enough to make a small
Mess and collect dust. Well today, I did about 45 minutes of shredding, then saw a few cedars that I needed to push over. While moving around to Get a better angle on the cedars, I noticed fluid leaking onto the floorboard. I stopped and raised the seat and found that it was now spraying under the seat. Looks like the was pososity in the metal on top of the transmission. I used a sanding wheel on a dremmel tool and removed bondo, and Epoxy paint. Cleaned the area really well and am going to try and seal it it PC7 Epoxy. Hope it works. If it Doesn't, it's not gonna be cheap to fix.

Attachments

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Someythings not right!
You need to get all the Bonbo off of someones half cocked repair and see what the real and complete damages extent is. :mad:

Witchgrass

Equipment
Contruction
Mar 12, 2017
Bandera, Texas
Someythings not right!
You need to get all the Bonbo off of someones half cocked repair and see what the real and complete damages extent is. :mad:
I cleaned it up best I could and coated it with a good layer of PC7. After letting it cure up for about a week, I will try it out this weekend. I curious what may have caused this to begin with. The area in question is not a stress area, guessing it's just an access panel on top of the transmission. And there's no reasonable way that this could be damaged as to cause that leak. Could the rough housing have been smoothed with bonds from the factory, and painted? Don't know. I'll find out this weekend if the epoxy worked. Wish me luck.

torch

Equipment
B7100HSD, B2789, B2550, B4672, 48" cultivator, homemade FEL and Cab
Jun 10, 2016
Muskoka, Ont.
Could the rough housing have been smoothed with bonds from the factory, and painted?
I have seen that trick used by certain Chinese factories to hide casting flaws. I'm surprised Kubota would stoop that low.

Good luck with the repair attempt.