Forum Names and Avatars?

foobert

Equipment
BX2380
Mar 25, 2021
Washington
Mine is more situational based. I live in a house full of women, my dog and other critters are all female. I am completely outnumbered.
I know that feeling — wife, 3 teenage daughters, dog, half-dozen ewe sheep….

Also wouldn’t change a thing if I could 👌

Reactions: 1 users

Fordtech86

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200
Aug 7, 2018
Pineville,LA
Think mine is easy as well…86 would be year of birth (yes some millennials own Kubotas 🤣)

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users

NCL4701

Equipment
L4701, T2290, WC68, grapple, BB1572, Farmi W50R, Howes 500, 16kW IMD gen, WG24
Apr 27, 2020
Central Piedmont, NC
Mine should be pretty easy to decipher, but if I have you scratching your head my avatar is a clue.
I’m glad there’s at least one person here as uncreative as I am.

• Haha

DustyRusty

Equipment
2020 BX23S, BX2822 Snowblower, Curtis Deluxe Cab,
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
The Kid worked with the Sheriffs office in 29 palms for some time on horse back as a volunteer. She says in the high desert SAR stands for search and recovery as there are very few rescues
29 Palms is bigger than the state of Rhode Island so I was told by someone that worked there. It is also a live-fire range, which makes it extremely unfriendly to trespassers.

Mossy dell

Equipment
B2601 (2021) JD970 (1998) B2100 (1991) B6100E (1988)
Jul 20, 2020
sw VA
Mossy Dell is a spring near Leesburg in SW Georgia, across from our farm when I was a boy. Ice cold, blue, a constant upwelling, surrounded by mossy oaks. A dell is a low place or valley, though that's not strict. The spring mesmerized me; it was both attractive and scary, all that force welling out of the earth.

I named a gorgeous farm I owned in SE Ohio Mossy Dell. I wrote about it and its name in my book, SHEPHERD: A MEMOIR. Buy it on Amazon!

Reactions: 2 users

hope to float

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450
Feb 18, 2018
Ireland
Mine is because I spend quite a bit of time driving in places where you would think twice about walking

Reactions: 2 users

leveraddict

Equipment
2017 BX23S 60" LP BoxBlade 54" mower 60" BackBlade EA 12" 1 bottom plow & Forks
Apr 1, 2019
NEPA
Mine was from a severe addiction to collecting lever action rifles dating from 1889 (my oldest) to present. I worked on all of them myself and reloaded for them too! I loved the old octagon barrel guns in odd rifle and pistol calibers and had to have the correct peep sites and old malcom and lyman type scopes of the day! It was fun and those guns always went up in value! My interests change like the wind so when I retired at 58 I sold all but some sentimental guns Ive had forever. My screen name has always stayed the same!

Reactions: 6 users

BruceP

Equipment
G5200H
Aug 7, 2016
Richmond, Vermont, USA
My avatar is the schematic for an electronic vacuum-tube.

As a child, I read everything I could about electronics and played with circuits. I was soldering by the age of 10 years old.

By the time I got out of college to learn electronics.... technology had moved on to transistors. However, vacuum-tubes still fascinate me.

Reactions: 5 users

xrocketengineer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX1880, FEL, Grapple, 36 in. Forks, 48in. MMM, Quick Spade, Ripper
Nov 14, 2020
Merritt Island, Florida

As a child, I read everything I could about electronics and played with circuits. I was soldering by the age of 10 years old.

By the time I got out of college to learn electronics.... technology had moved on to transistors. However, vacuum-tubes still fascinate me.
I still remember in the good old days in PR, when the TV would crap out, my dad would remove all the vacuum-tubes from the TV and then we would go to the nearest pharmacy to use their vacuum-tube tester. He matched the tube to the socket on the machine, adjusted the selector dials and made the tubes "glow".
This went on until the defective tube would be found and a replacement could be obtained and purchased from the drawers in the testing machine. All that fun went away when we got the first transistor TV.

• Love
Reactions: 5 users

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
1979 B7100DT Gear, Nissan Hanix N150-2 Excavator
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
I still remember in the good old days in PR, when the TV would crap out, my dad would remove all the vacuum-tubes from the TV and then we would go to the nearest pharmacy to use their vacuum-tube tester. He matched the tube to the socket on the machine, adjusted the selector dials and made the tubes "glow".
This went on until the defective tube would be found and a replacement could be obtained and purchased from the drawers in the testing machine. All that fun went away when we got the first transistor TV.
I have the same memory. :)

edritchey

Lifetime Member

Equipment
A bunch of cute little Kubotas
Jul 19, 2014
Wellsville, PA

I was into all that crap too I miss the Heathkit projects my brothers and I used to work on :)

Reactions: 1 user

DustyRusty

Equipment
2020 BX23S, BX2822 Snowblower, Curtis Deluxe Cab,
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
I remember testing tubes at the Radio Shack next door to where I worked back in the early 1970s. Today those machines are highly collectible and so are the tubes. When I was in the rescue squad we used the tube caddy boxes to carry medical supplies.

leveraddict

Equipment
2017 BX23S 60" LP BoxBlade 54" mower 60" BackBlade EA 12" 1 bottom plow & Forks
Apr 1, 2019
NEPA
The tubes are collectable? I have a box full from cleaning out the FIL's house! Show me the money! LOL!

BruceP

Equipment
G5200H
Aug 7, 2016
Richmond, Vermont, USA
The tubes are collectable?
ABSOLUTELY!!

Collectible does not necessarily mean "gold mine". However, many of them are no longer manufactured... or the originals are desired for their performance.

There are folks who restore old electronics. These folks need a source for tubes.

dirtydeed

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650 BH77, U27-4R2, BX23TLBM, box blade, rear blade, flail mower, Stump Grinder
Dec 8, 2017
Wind Gap, PA
It was the name of my landscaping business...if you're not an AC/DC fan, then you won't understand...;)

Dirty Deeds - D.D.C.

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users