Forum Names and Avatars?

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
1979 B7100DT Gear, Nissan Hanix N150-2 Excavator
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
I always find the reasons/stories/definitions behind peoples screen names and avatars interesting.
So jump in if you will.

Mine is pretty obvious, back when lifted golf carts were the thing, I built an EZGO that was just like everybody else built. Always on the lookout for something different, I found a 1986 EZGO Turf Truck, in decent shape, for cheap.
I sold my other one & built the truck up. Built the lift, swapped the 6.5hp Robin Subaru for a 16hp B&S Vangaurd V-Twin, put huge tires & wheels on it.
A buddy drove his lifted cart over to see mine, and he said mine looked like Big Foot next to his, and the name stuck, and it became Lil Foot. Made the tailgate name plate for it, and it became my screen name on the golf cart forum, and several others since.

126909544zcjaxG_ph[1].jpg 126908182nvFEEB_ph[1].jpg

Reactions: 6 users

Roadworthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L2501 HST
Aug 17, 2019
Benton City, WA
I was active in A.B.A.T.E. for a period of time. (A Brotherhood Against Totalitarian Enactments) My wife produced the chapter newsletter, the name of which was Roadworthy. I opted to use it as a screen name since it seems "nobody" uses real names. The avatar is my 1972 Triumph Bonneville T120V (650 cc). It's a frame up reconstruction of a former basket case, and yes it runs.

Reactions: 3 users

OrangeKrush

Equipment
BX2680, LA344 with Piranha tooth bar, LP PF 1242, LP Rear Blade, KK 60" BB
Nov 15, 2020
Indy
Mine was simple and just popped into to my mind as I was in a hurry to create an account on here. I thought it fit and would be unique.... come to find out.. not so much! Sorry orangecrusher!

They give me the OK! 🙃

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

mcfarmall

Equipment
Kubota M5660SUHD, Farmall C
Sep 11, 2013
Kalamazoo, MI
Mines from McCormick Farmall...mcfarmall, my favorite tractor is the McCormick Farmall C

Reactions: 1 users

Bmyers

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Grand L3560 with LA805 loader, EA 55" Wicked Grapple, SBX72 BB, LP 1272 mower
May 27, 2019
Southern Illinois
Mine is my L3560 at the family farm. The full picture shows my dad on his MF275 which was originally bought by his dad and still in use by us on the farm that my grandpa and grandma bought before he went to WWII to serve in the army and fight in the Battle of the Bulge. As for as my screen name, it is my name. I do so because instead of being hidden and posting things I shouldn't, I know I'm posting as me and try to post accordingly.

Reactions: 4 users

Biker1mike

Equipment
B6200, Kubota 2030 Front Blade, King Cutter 60" finishing deck
Jan 11, 2022
Gallatin, NY USA
Screen name comes from the old BBS days in Virginia. BBS is Bulletin Board System which was the precursor to today's forums. As a co-sysop I had a board for motorcyclist on the Dark Star BBS. The screen name has been with me since then mid 80's. Also ABATE member but it was , American Bikers Advocating Training and Education. The names were more or less interchangeable.
Avatar here is just my old iron that refuses to die. Different avatars for other boards.

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
I always find the reasons/stories/definitions behind peoples screen names and avatars interesting.
So jump in if you will.

Mine is pretty obvious, back when lifted golf carts were the thing, I built an EZGO that was just like everybody else built. Always on the lookout for something different, I found a 1986 EZGO Turf Truck, in decent shape, for cheap.
I sold my other one & built the truck up. Built the lift, swapped the 6.5hp Robin Subaru for a 16hp B&S Vangaurd V-Twin, put huge tires & wheels on it.
A buddy drove his lifted cart over to see mine, and he said mine looked like Big Foot next to his, and the name stuck, and it became Lil Foot. Made the tailgate name plate for it, and it became my screen name on the golf cart forum, and several others since.

View attachment 75402 View attachment 75403

Bill,
thats awesome - great story too

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
We have a few wolves and wolf dogs, and I play mechanic when I can, and well I live in North Idaho.

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
I use my name aint nobody lookin for me... At least I don't think so. And if you been on the highway back in the old days and heard the Dancer or the working some skip the unit 150 in the coal country... wait maybe the Florida Citrus Commission might have been at one time,, nawww the statute of limitations must have run out by now ;)

D

Deleted member 47704

Well,I'm old and people call me Bob.

• Love

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
1979 B7100DT Gear, Nissan Hanix N150-2 Excavator
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
I forgot to mention that a couple years after building Lil Foot and posting on a couple different forums as Lil Foot, I got an e-mail asking for my phone number from someone who claimed to be a lawyer for "Lil Foot, Inc."
I almost immediately got a call from this person, speaking lots of legalese & threatening to sue for copyright infringement. Turns out there was a monster truck called "Lil Foot". It was based on a Ford Ranger. I had no idea.

I was starting to get pretty concerned, and said that I would do whatever was necessary to make things right.

At that point, the guy cracked up & started laughing his head off. He was the owner of the monster truck, and thought it would be funny to scare the crap out of me. (real funny:cautious:)
He was no longer campaigning the truck & had no problem with me using the name; even asked a bunch of questions about the build & requested a bunch of pictures.
He ended up sending me a conditional release to use the name, with his permission.

Henro

Equipment
B2910, BX2200, KX41-2V mini Ex.
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
Mine is a secret and I defy anyone to figure it out....
OK I get it. I am William but I had to use the suffex 2 when I got an email address using my family name...LOL

So William1 I get it...LOL...I am WILLIAM...LOL

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

Henro

Equipment
B2910, BX2200, KX41-2V mini Ex.
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
I recently shared the following with someone on the forum that asked about my screen name:

When in my mid 50s, I took time to walk a pilgrimage route in Japan, that goes around the island of Shikuko. Said to be about a thousand miles, and it took me 44 days to complete.

Walking sometimes on the coast, and sometimes over mountains, but on walkable paths almost entirely. Once there was a section with chains to hold on while climbing, but it was short.

The Japanese word for those pilgrims is Henro. It was an interesting experience. The ONLY time in Japan when I felt like I was not considered a foreigner.

Foreigners are sort of elevated by the Japanese, not looked down upon. Some people like this, but I never did. I often wanted just to be treated equally, not somehow as being superior or better or whatever. Kind of the opposite feeling that minorities in this country deal with I think.

As a henro I was treated as if I were Japanese. An amazing feeling and one I have only experienced in Japan as a henro. I was not better or worse, just the same as everyone else...I can speak Japanese fairly well in conversational terms, enough that if I make a reservation by phone they are surprised when they see my face on arrival. So this cultural thing related to foreigners transcends ability to communicate.

Anyway, now you know the background of my screen name. I also use the same name at TBN. Perhaps other places as well.

It is nice to be in a place where you feel like you have a lot of friends you will likely never meet...OTT.

edit: my avatar here is different than at TBN. The TBN one shows me holding a couple beers in my hands...but that was because I happened to see a micro brewery during the pilgrimage, and got someone there to take a picture of me that makes it look like a party guy, which I am not...but the garb in that picture is truly authentic and worn by all pilgrims...no regrets, and do not remember the taste of the beer, which I am sure was fine, as I was a home brewer at the time...

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 5 users

MapleLeafFarmer

Equipment
Lots incl. B and L kubotas
Dec 2, 2019
E.
Maple Leaf Farmer: Retired more than decade ago and I am from Canada (Maple Leaf). Was born into agriculture. 3rd generation of our family that made agriculture our calling in Canadn and before that as far back as we know family in England (midlands) and Ukraine / Poland farmed as far back as we know.

I have worked in Eastern Europe, S.E. Asia, S. America, and N. America in livestock, field crops and feed manufacturing.

My avatar is family event circa 1955 making some custom field work with dozer / cultivator on a field in the foothills of the Rocky Mountains.
1645402147307.png

Last edited:

ctfjr

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800HST
Dec 7, 2009
central ct
Well I'm from CT and this was my last bike:
20190607-_Z6U5273.jpg

Magicman

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4900 Utility Special 4WD e/w FEL & 1530 John Deere "Traveling Man"
Oct 8, 2019
Brookhaven, MS
knotholesawmill.com
My Avatar is a Great Grandson. The "screen name" goes back to 1970 when I was a telephone co. PBX repairman. Analyzing and troubleshooting came easy for me so I earned the nickname.

S-G-R

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX3310, LA535, rear remotes, third function, R14's
Jun 17, 2020
PEI Canada
I actually got a new screen name today which are my initials. My former name Gallows was primarily for my sense of humor. The avatar is my unassembled LX3310.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users