Food Crisis in the USA?

Status
Not open for further replies.

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Sure ban coal, gas. oil, change to lectric cars,, but do you think wind solar and unicorn farts will give you enough power for your homes, cars and cities? We need to start to take care of family first today, namely AMERICANS,, and the rest of the world maybe tomorrow

Bmyers

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Grand L3560 with LA805 loader, EA 55" Wicked Grapple, SBX72 BB, LP 1272 mower
May 27, 2019
Southern Illinois
Just to add food for thought, India is predicted to surpass China next year (2023) for being the most populous nation.

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
Robert DuChemin an attorney in private practice in Florida says it succinctly.

Robert DuChemin
July 22 at 3:53 AM ·

Fauci Friday
Have you noticed that the same people who are claiming it is “immoral” to leave our descendants a warmer place to live have no problem saddling those same poor bastards with an amount of debt that is impossible to repay? Who will “forgive” our stupid loans?
——
In 2010 China consumed about 1.5 Billion Tons of coal. Back then all of the Chicken Little scientists were claiming that coal was the primary cause of the impending end of the world. We were already somehow still breathing more than ten years AFTER the UN predicted we would either fry or drown in salt water by the year 2000.
In the following 12 years China would continue to increase its consumption of coal. This year, China will consume more than 4 Billion tons of coal. The entire rest of the world will consume about 4.3 Billion Tons. This week China announced that they will continue to expand coal production through 2035. Coincidentally, that is the year China will have to start reducing its greenhouse gasses under the anti-American Paris Accords. By then they should be up to about 8 billion tons a year. For some strange reason I don’t think they intend to be coal-free by the UN-imposed deadline of 2040.
At the same time, China also announced that they approved an increase in coal-generated electricity by more than 8.63 gigawatts of coal power in the first quarter of this year alone. To give you some perspective, that increase is about 40% of the total amount of coal Australia will burn this year. It is more than the combined total annual production of the top 5 largest USA coal-fired power plants.
Although it was not part of their news conference, the CCP officials would like to thank Joe Biden for reducing the price of coal. Those bribes really are paying off very well.

Reactions: 1 users

unioncreek

Equipment
Kubota L3710 GST
Nov 1, 2023
WA
I work part time (seeding/harvest for a local farmer. He they raise mainly soft white wheat, price that day was right at $6. He said none of the local dealers can understand why the price is so low since world wheat supply is very low.

Bob

DustyRusty

Equipment
2020 BX23S, BX2822 Snowblower, Curtis Deluxe Cab,
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
In the 1980s the Department of Agriculture was paying milk farmers to get out, and paying other farmers to get bigger. A year ago people were espousing that all the automobile manufacturers were moving to EVs and abandoning ICEs. Now for the part that might get me banned! Our present administration is allowing 10s of thousands of people to come across the border and is giving them all the necessities of life, things that they aren't willing to give to our homeless population. These new immigrants are overrunning out cities and taxing government services to the point that even the sanctuary cities are squirming and screaming to Washington that they need help. We all are going to be paying the price of illegal immigration. Tomorrow is Grumpy Old Man Day, and I am just warming up! Happy New Year to all, and keep your chin up, because it always gets better right after election day, no matter who wins the election. It has to be true, because everyone older than me has been saying so for decades.

Reactions: 6 users

chim

Equipment
L4240HSTC with FEL, Ford 1210
Jan 19, 2013
Near Lancaster, PA, USA
Stories are out there that claim we waste 30-40% of our food supply here on the USofA. Mustn't be much of a shortage so far even if the figures are off some.

jimh406

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L2501 with R4 tires
Jan 29, 2021
Western MT
Our messed up food methods are the reason we have so much food available.. Most don‘t realize that most of our food has a lot of chemicals in it. If we run out, I’m sure the scientists will find a way to produce more “food”.

Note: much of what many of us eat is illegal in Europe.

There seems to be a correlation to cancer and obesity rates, but not allowed to mention it on many social media platforms.

Reactions: 1 user

WFM

Equipment
L3800
Apr 5, 2013
Porter Maine
Last year I had a Vermont customer picking up an order. She said she was a beef farmer was thinking of giving it up as taking one steer to be "processed" was $1400.
And that week she took in five.

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Back when I raised crow baits, I would stop at the local food stores once a week and pick up all the produce that was going to be tossed, because it was wilted or past its good date. All kinds of veggies, the horses loved that stuff, and they enjoyed the day old bakery stuff too. Was a bakery that sold bags of day old bread, cakes pies for a buck a big garbage bag. A lot was not even day old stuff but over runs, lots of things went into the freezer. And now, these things dont happen stores will not let you take past prime product, but put it all in dumpsters, and the bakery stuff over runs and day old stuff the same thing,,, yes we do waste a lot of things that could have been used

Reactions: 1 users

jyoutz

Equipment
MX6000 HST open station, FEL, 6’ cutter, forks, 8’ rear blade, 7’ cultivator
Jan 14, 2019
Edgewood, New Mexico
I think there is a food crisis here in the USA. We all eat too much and end up overweight!

Drinking beer doesn’t help some of us either. :oops:
Says the guy with a beer in each hand?

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
Back when I raised crow baits, I would stop at the local food stores once a week and pick up all the produce that was going to be tossed, because it was wilted or past its good date. All kinds of veggies, the horses loved that stuff, and they enjoyed the day old bakery stuff too. Was a bakery that sold bags of day old bread, cakes pies for a buck a big garbage bag. A lot was not even day old stuff but over runs, lots of things went into the freezer. And now, these things dont happen stores will not let you take past prime product, but put it all in dumpsters, and the bakery stuff over runs and day old stuff the same thing,,, yes we do waste a lot of things that could have been used
Isn't it nice to have protection from all the legal battles that might happen is someone became ill from such food stuffs? ;)

Reactions: 1 user

Bmyers

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Grand L3560 with LA805 loader, EA 55" Wicked Grapple, SBX72 BB, LP 1272 mower
May 27, 2019
Southern Illinois
Isn't it nice to have protection from all the legal battles that might happen is someone became ill from such food stuffs? ;)
You hit it on the head, stores/restaurants have been litigated into the stance that everything not sold has to go into the dumpster.

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
The horses never got sick, we never got sick from any of the baked goods,, but I guess you do have a point

Status
Not open for further replies.