Flat Face Coupler

JP_Austin

Equipment
2021 Kubota M4D-071
Feb 15, 2022
Austin TX
Ive had the grapple sitting in the sun and it was impossible to connect the lines after the temperature built up some pressures in the system. I waited for it to cool off later and it went togther just fine. I could have burped the lines with a socket and a hammer but I just waited.

Reactions: 1 user

JDP

Equipment
L4701
Dec 15, 2020
Nebraska
I started connecting my grapple hoses together after I unhook. I haven't had a problem since I started doing it. It lets the pressure equal out in the cylinder and keeps the couplers clean.

Reactions: 2 users

SusanDuffy

Equipment
B2601
Apr 8, 2022
Bremerton, Washington
I ordered a “Waite Decompression Tool”. It’s a decompression tool, made to relieve the hydraulic pressure. It’s featured on a YouTube video, by “My Cluttered Garage”. I’ll report back on if it works. Tractor mechanic is $205 for the first hour. Tool is ~$80.

SusanDuffy

Equipment
B2601
Apr 8, 2022
Bremerton, Washington
The tool worked great on the male connector. Easy-peasy to hook up the male connector. But I am not able to hook up the female connector.

meaning…the male and female that is connected to the grapple.

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
The tool worked great on the male connector. Easy-peasy to hook up the male connector. But I am not able to hook up the female connector.

meaning…the male and female that is connected to the grapple.
I note that the U-Tube "Waite decompression tool" video does NOT show use with a female coupler, and it is not readily apparent that the tool end would fit inside the female coupler.

Last edited:

SusanDuffy

Equipment
B2601
Apr 8, 2022
Bremerton, Washington
I have an answer. I had a tractor repairman come out today. The female coupler was defective. It’s now replaced with a new one and I can now easily hook up the connector.

Reactions: 2 users

The Evil Twin

Equipment
L2501, LA526,
Jul 19, 2022
Virginia
I have an answer. I had a tractor repairman come out today. The female coupler was defective. It’s now replaced with a new one and I can now easily hook up the connector.
While a frustrating experience for sure, glad it is finally sorted out!

je1279

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX2610 w/ 60" MMM, LP 72" Snow Plow, EA Wicked 55" Grapple, and Woods 60" BB
Dec 6, 2020
Upstate NY
I recently had a two year old Summit female flat faced coupler stop working correctly. Thought it was pressure related at first but ended up being an issue with the sleeve not springing forward when connected as it should. It would work if you manually pulled the sleeve forward when the male side was connected but I ended up replacing it as I had a spare available.

Last edited:

fried1765

Equipment
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
I’m going to talk to the grapple company and hope they issue a refund to me. It was $301 to have it changed out.

$301...... OUCH!
For your sake, I hope you will get a full refund,..... but....
I kinda doubt it!
Maybe a $100 "sorry for your trouble" check?
Please share the response you get.

Last edited:

DustyRusty

Equipment
BX23S
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
Did you ever do as I suggested in post #12? Do you still have the "defective" coupler? If so, would you please try to plug it into the male coupler and see if it fits now that there is no hose connected to it. Also, before you do this, move the loader stick in all directions to fully relieve all pressure in the lines. Once you do this easy test, please report back. thanks Dusty

SusanDuffy

Equipment
B2601
Apr 8, 2022
Bremerton, Washington
I do have the coupler and it won’t connect to the male, the spring sleeve won’t attach.
The mechanic took it to Belfair hose and tried to connect, at the counter to a male fitting, but it wouldn’t work. This was a male fitting from the box, no pressure on it.

SusanDuffy

Equipment
B2601
Apr 8, 2022
Bremerton, Washington
Groan….Everything Attachments has requested I mail the coupler to them. (I have no issue with that and will send it to them.). If they determine the coupler is bad, they’ll send me a replacement coupler. I told them, I don’t need a replacement coupler, I need the $301 invoice reimbursed.

We shall see…

SusanDuffy

Equipment
B2601
Apr 8, 2022
Bremerton, Washington
note from Everything Attachments:

We’ll not be able to do that. (Meaning reimbursement.)

Parts are covered, which I can still send if we find it to be defective, but anything purchased local would need to be approved prior to purchase.

SusanDuffy

Equipment
B2601
Apr 8, 2022
Bremerton, Washington
I told Everything Attachments that I am a 63 year old woman, I don’t have the knowledge or strength to know what the problem is, I had to call a mechanic.

I didn’t know about their pre-approvement rule. If that’s the case, I would have to pay the mechanic twice. Once to diagnose the problem, again to install the new coupling.

DustyRusty

Equipment
BX23S
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
I told Everything Attachments that I am a 63 year old woman, I don’t have the knowledge or strength to know what the problem is, I had to call a mechanic.

I didn’t know about their pre-approvement rule. If that’s the case, I would have to pay the mechanic twice. Once to diagnose the problem, again to install the new coupling.
Or you could have continued to troubleshoot the problem on these forums for free.

fried1765

Equipment
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma

In the interest of fairness/decency, I would think that EA would at least offer to pay for the part that you had to buy.
The pre-approval story, in my opinion, is just BS .