First snow for the 2014-15 winter season in my home town.

res

Equipment
L3301HST, 7' back blade
Oct 25, 2014
Cadillac, Mi
Ah but it was just what you needed to give the new camera equipment a little work out! Just picked up a plow myself and hope to make a bracket and adapt it to my tractor over the next week or two. Nice video!

benben

Equipment
B7200 Hst with heated cabin
Dec 18, 2012
quebec canada
Hello Wildfire
nice and wet snow...... n
I like your clip on youtube and how happy you are,then after driving a Kubota with a cabin full dress up with havy winter outfit .you have no heater in this '' old tractor ''.this shit snow was at my place 1 week ago or so and I'm happy to see you in this now.
have a nice WE

merry christmas and a happy new year

to you and your family

Peter

Tooljunkie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L1501,home built carry all, mini plow blade.
May 13, 2014
Lac Du Bonnet, Manitoba,Canada
13 minutes. My clearing usually takes an hour. 92 gmc with a plow i grafted on from a 69 IHC travelall. Kubota has the blower, when i cant push it any more.
Hard to compare machines, yours is rigged quite nicely, maybe someday i will have something with a cab. Asphalt driveway makes it easier. And lastly, nice place you got there.great video.

Last edited:

hodge

Lifetime Member

Equipment
John Deere 790 John Deere 310 backhoe Bobcat 743
Nov 19, 2010
Love, VA
We got our first snow, too. 6", which I wouldn't have messed with; but, someone had reserved the church fellowship hall to use for a family thanksgiving meal. So, I used dad's new JD to clear the parking lot. I have a GMC truck with a snow plow, but the lift is currently off, getting rebuilt.

As a side note, I never saw the virtue in a cabbed tractor. I do now, though.

dmanlyr

Equipment
L3200, Hustler Super Z
May 30, 2012
Graham, WA
Snowed where I live as well yesterday. First time so early in 4 years. Now it turned cold, 12 degrees this morning.

David

kc8fbl

Equipment
2014 L3200 HST FEL, 1949 Minneapolis-Moline R
Aug 23, 2012
Gobles, MI
We've had a couple snows so far. First one we got about a foot of snow. A week later it was all melted. Second snow was only about 4 inches and now that has all melted. At least I got to try out the L3200. Cleans up the snow a lot faster than the B7610. Great video Paul and Kathy!

freedomintheskies

Equipment
BX1850, FEL, 56" MMD, 48" rear mount blower, Thatcher, Plug Aerator
I like that set up! blower on the back and blade on the front.
I just put a Pronovost 48" rear blower on my BX and still have the FEL on the front but I may look at adapting my 5' Warn blade from my Artic Cat Quad to the 'Bota.

BTW- you got the same storm, but a day later. We got the ice pellets and rain though.
CHeerz

Wildfire

Equipment
Kubota L5740 HSTC3 and a Kubota ZG222Z, 2013 BX25D,Custom Toyota fork lift.
Ah but it was just what you needed to give the new camera equipment a little work out! Just picked up a plow myself and hope to make a bracket and adapt it to my tractor over the next week or two. Nice video!
Thanks. Yup that little bit of snow was a good test both for the tractor and cameras lol. It's all gone now with three days of steady rain.
Good luck with the blade mod.

Hello Wildfire
nice and wet snow...... n
I like your clip on youtube and how happy you are,then after driving a Kubota with a cabin full dress up with havy winter outfit .you have no heater in this '' old tractor ''.this shit snow was at my place 1 week ago or so and I'm happy to see you in this now.
have a nice WE

merry christmas and a happy new year

to you and your family

Peter
Hi Peter. I put on a warm coat and didn't think I was going to use the tractor but I thought it might be a good time for a video. Glad you liked it. We lost all our snow now because of the rain so I'm OK with that.
Merry Christmas to you as well my friend.

13 minutes. My clearing usually takes an hour. 92 gmc with a plow i grafted on from a 69 IHC travelall. Kubota has the blower, when i cant push it any more.
Hard to compare machines, yours is rigged quite nicely, maybe someday i will have something with a cab. Asphalt driveway makes it easier. And lastly, nice place you got there.great video.
To tell the truth only for the want of doing the video I wouldn't have bothered using the tractor so that's why the 13 minutes was fast. I didn't do the back portion of the property either so that sped it up. When the snow is deep it will take no longer than an hour all the same so the tractor can move some serious snow. You got a great set up to by the sound of it.
Glad you enjoyed the video.

We got our first snow, too. 6", which I wouldn't have messed with; but, someone had reserved the church fellowship hall to use for a family thanksgiving meal. So, I used dad's new JD to clear the parking lot. I have a GMC truck with a snow plow, but the lift is currently off, getting rebuilt.

As a side note, I never saw the virtue in a cabbed tractor. I do now, though.
I see your still doing your good work ;) Opening the hall. Very good of you. I wouldn't be able to handle a cab on the BX for the uses I have for it but I sure like the can on the 5740. Makes live a little more bearable lol.
Tell your Dad I said I love his new tractor.

Snowed where I live as well yesterday. First time so early in 4 years. Now it turned cold, 12 degrees this morning.

David
Wow. They say we are going to have a very warm winter with more rain than snow. I'm ok with that especially after last winter and it's record snow fall. I'm starting to dislike winter more and more these days. Might be time to move ;)

We've had a couple snows so far. First one we got about a foot of snow. A week later it was all melted. Second snow was only about 4 inches and now that has all melted. At least I got to try out the L3200. Cleans up the snow a lot faster than the B7610. Great video Paul and Kathy!
Sounds like you've been busy and that nice when you have a nice machine. I like it better when the snow comes fast and leaves faster :) Ours is all gone again.
Thanks. Glad you enjoyed the video.

I like that set up! blower on the back and blade on the front.
I just put a Pronovost 48" rear blower on my BX and still have the FEL on the front but I may look at adapting my 5' Warn blade from my Artic Cat Quad to the 'Bota.

BTW- you got the same storm, but a day later. We got the ice pellets and rain though.
CHeerz
I like that set up. Blower on the rear, blade on the front. Been using that set up since 2008 and wouldn't change a thing. Front blowers are great if you have a place to blow the snow but it's sure slower than a blade in a average snow fall.
Stay safe out there and enjoy the BX. Great machine.

CaveCreekRay

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800 HST, KingKutter box scraper, KingKutter 66" rake, County Pride Subsoiler
Jul 11, 2014
Cave Creek, AZ
Wildfire,

If you lived down here in Arizona, you wouldn't have any snow to play with all winter! You might have to take up golf, or hiking, or riding your GoldWing, or off-roading. :)

I grew up in Germany, New York, and Illinois. That is why I am in AZ now.

In December of '87 I was in the Air Force headed to Europe for a two-month rotation. We stopped in Goose Bay for a couple days. The snow was about three feet deep and the locals had already started on their giant snow carvings. There were snow moose, bears, you name it -everywhere. We found some cardboard boxes and tried to slide down a hill in our flight suits. We slid off the boxes into drifts about four feet deep! It took us a half hour to climb back uphill out of the snow to the parking lot only 40 feet away. That was the end of our snow time. It was nearly a survival situation.

Love the videos! Keep 'em coming.

Ray

Cal270

Equipment
4060 HSTC,LP1258,1672,1860,1672,ballast box,& HermanSupply fel snowplow
Jun 23, 2014
Mid-Michigan
Wildfire,
Great job on the video' & and yes they are the right length!
With winter coming, do enjoy the snow removal video's.
Question: do you sell some of your tractor modifications?
Do like the coffee cup holder. The OEM cup holder in my Kubota is to the right and behind the driver. Also very prone to spillage. I like your door handle design and per the video looks perfect.
Also have you ever worked on a tool box for this series of tractor? My tools have a tendency to lay on the floor(left side...) of the tractor. I think a tool box design would have a market, of course in Orange only...lol...
Your maintenance video of the 4240hstc has me thinking I can do my next service. Did buy the shop manual and the video is a big help!
Thanks
My email is cal270@centurytel.net
Mark

bearskinner

Equipment
BX25D, snowblower, PHD, Grapple, Snow blade, land Plane
Sep 1, 2014
N. Idaho
Dont know how you guys put up with that stuff, you got my respect.

Hang in there.
Don't know how you guys put up with that HEAT! I can put on a jacket, its harder to stay cool. 4 seasons are wonderful

olthumpa

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L275
May 25, 2011
Maine
Don't know how you guys put up with that HEAT! I can put on a jacket, its harder to stay cool. 4 seasons are wonderful
Yup, I'll take the 4 seasons and put on another layer. :cool:
When you are riding down the road on your tractor butt naked;), people tend to look at you funny:eek: - you can only take off so much and you are still hot. :D:D