First regen at 16 hrs.

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, B2650, Gator, Ingersoll mower
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
So do you think it is safe to say that when my LX told me it was time for a regen all I needed to do was increase rpm? I was mowing. Probably 2000-2200 when the light came on. It kept flashing and eventualily went into level two.
You also should have seen the rpm increase indicator flashing as well, 2000 might have been a little low. Normally the answer to your question is yes, all you had to do was hike up the rpm above 2200 and until the rpm indicator stops flashing. Might take a couple minutes after that before you hear the regen start and the regen indicator light will go solidly on until regen is finished.

802Driver

Equipment
LX2610SU 60" Bucket Land Pride54" Box Blade Farm King 4572 Rear Blade
May 18, 2020
Manitoba, Canada
So, it seems the emissions in a tractor are far less intricate than, say in a one ton diesel. Is it just the dpf filter that makes up the emissions on a tractor? The diesel particulate filter traps particles from the combustion of the diesel fuel. So what about the diesel that is injected and ignited in the dpf filter? What happens to those particles from the combustion (regen) cycle downstream and the nox gases it produces? With the diesels on the road they incorporate the dreaded egr valve. It takes exhaust and re-routes it back into the fresh air intake to be sent through the engine to reduce nox levels. Thats like putting a pipe from your *## direct to your mouth and trying to stay healthy.:unsure:

Anyone ever look inside the intake of a (modern over the road diesel)? I can't understand how this day and age that this is all they got for a solution. Take a very efficient diesel and run its own exhaust through it.

Last edited:

DaveFromMi

Equipment
L3901, 5' Bush Hog
Apr 14, 2021
Indiana
So do you think it is safe to say that when my LX told me it was time for a regen all I needed to do was increase rpm? I was mowing. Probably 2000-2200 when the light came on. It kept flashing and eventualily went into level two.
I had a couple of similar work scenarios where auto regen worked properly.
One time, when not working, I left it in auto and raised the RPM accordingly and it eventually went to level 2. Was not cold outside.

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, B2650, Gator, Ingersoll mower
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
There is another possibility, and that besides rpm, one of the other conditions for regen was not satisfied. A couple of people with other models have had troubles with the temperature sensors getting too hot, and the fix for that was an insulation kit to keep the exhaust pipes away from the sensors etc. I can't guess if mowing at a lower rpm than normal for pto operation would get the engine exhaust temp higher than optimum for regen or not. In any case see what happens next, and while you remember what happened write it down. The LX 33 is so new, any functional idiosyncracies should be addressed by Kubota

m7060

Lifetime Member
Jul 13, 2014
london, ky
Don't know why anyone would want to do a "parked" regeneration.

Almost 500 hours on my M7060 now. Regeneration is totally seamless...I don't even know it is happening unless I see the light on in the dash. When I have noticed the light is on, it always goes out again within 10 minutes or so - but then I wasn't watching to see when it actually came on. I use the EPTO exclusively so the tractor is turning ~ 1850 rpms all the time because that's 540 PTO rpm. So I see no need to turn the engine any faster than that.

I too was scared of this new emission crap when I bought the tractor but regeneration has turned out to be a non-issue.
My 2014 M7060 now has 600 hrs and regens every 10.8 hrs on average. When I start it, I automatically push the auto regen button and go to work. When the regen starts, I bump it to 2250 rpm and continue working. The regen has always been flawless. But....... I still hate all the fuel wasting ultra expensive emissions crap that has been forced on the industry by the green tree hugging snowflakes.

Reactions: 1 user

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901/LA525, B7200DT/B1630, G2160/RCK60, G2460/RCK60
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
As mentioned previously, I attempted to do auto regen while idling. I pushed the RPM up until speed increase lamp quit flashing. It failed. After about 5 minutes, parked regen switch started flashing, then I pushed it. Parked regen was then successful.
Yep, I would like to avoid parked regen as well. If that fails, then you have an expensive repair on your hands.
I just got the first regen on my L3901 at 33.6 hours. Regen and RPM warning lamps started flashing as I was ferrying the trash cans back to the house. Immediately bumped the throttle from 1500 to 2500 and the lamps quit flashing and regen started. I parked it and 8 minutes later it was done and I shut it off. Pretty straight forward and only mildly annoying that I had to let it run those few extra minutes.

Snowman7

Equipment
LX3310 535 loader, LX2980, RB2672, FDR1660
May 20, 2020
Boyne Falls, MI.
Nice, I’ll give her the juice next time and hopefully have the same outcome as you did.

DaveFromMi

Equipment
L3901, 5' Bush Hog
Apr 14, 2021
Indiana
I just got the first regen on my L3901 at 33.6 hours. Regen and RPM warning lamps started flashing as I was ferrying the trash cans back to the house. Immediately bumped the throttle from 1500 to 2500 and the lamps quit flashing and regen started. I parked it and 8 minutes later it was done and I shut it off. Pretty straight forward and only mildly annoying that I had to let it run those few extra minutes.
Auto regen worked with tractor not being worked.

number two

Equipment
B3030HSDC L2501HST
Mar 26, 2021
Northern Lower Michigan
So, it seems the emissions in a tractor are far less intricate than, say in a one ton diesel. Is it just the dpf filter that makes up the emissions on a tractor? The diesel particulate filter traps particles from the combustion of the diesel fuel. So what about the diesel that is injected and ignited in the dpf filter? What happens to those particles from the combustion (regen) cycle downstream and the nox gases it produces? With the diesels on the road they incorporate the dreaded egr valve. It takes exhaust and re-routes it back into the fresh air intake to be sent through the engine to reduce nox levels. Thats like putting a pipe from your *## direct to your mouth and trying to stay healthy.:unsure:

Anyone ever look inside the intake of a (modern over the road diesel)? I can't understand how this day and age that this is all they got for a solution. Take a very efficient diesel and run its own exhaust through it.
EGR is often misunderstood.
Exhaust gas is introduced to the combustion chamber to reduce the amount fresh air{oxygen},which lowers the temperature of the combustion process.
NOx are reduced by lower combustion chamber temps.
Hope this helps!

802Driver

Equipment
LX2610SU 60" Bucket Land Pride54" Box Blade Farm King 4572 Rear Blade
May 18, 2020
Manitoba, Canada
EGR is often misunderstood.
Exhaust gas is introduced to the combustion chamber to reduce the amount fresh air{oxygen},which lowers the temperature of the combustion process.
NOx are reduced by lower combustion chamber temps.
Hope this helps!
That is exactly my point, you're substituting a percentage of fresh clean (cold) charge air with hot soot filled exhaust and circulating it right into the intake. Its real sad that this is the best that they could come up with! So now they are un-doing what intercoolers were designed for, plus gumming up everything downstream of the egr which in turn further restricts air flow volume, not to mention how it contaminates the life of your oil. There's no misunderstanding what the egr does here, trust me.

Reactions: 1 user