First regen at 16 hrs.

Botamon

Equipment
M7060HDC12, John Deere 2020 diesel
Mar 26, 2018
Winnemucca, Nevada
So...., is parked regen selectable when the regen light in the meter first comes on? I am hearing not I think from ones that might have a similar setup.
Yes, my L3901 has an inhibit switch.
It's definitely not seamless, operator input is required.
I think they all have an "Inhibit" switch. My M7060 does. Per my owner's manual the ONLY time I would inhibit regeneration is because there was a compelling reason to have to postpone regeneration.

Here is a screen shot of the relevant portion of my owner's manual:
Kubota regen process.jpg

What that is saying is that when that light in the dash comes on, the tractor has started auto regeneration, which is the way it should work, with no operator input needed. Should you be in a location where you don't want the extreme exhaust heat of the regen process right at that time, you can push the "Regeneration Inhibit" button to postpone the regeneration until you are in a safer location. For example, if you are working in an extremely flammable location and the regen light comes on, you push the "Regeneration Inhibit" button to postpone the regeneration process until you are in a safe location.

If you are in a safe location and the regen light in the dash comes on, just keep on working the tractor, don't push any buttons, and let the Auto Regeneration take place! Don't overthink this!

Reactions: 1 user

NCL4701

Equipment
L4701, T2290, WC68, grapple, BB1572 box scrape, Howes 500, 16kW IMD gen, WG24
Apr 27, 2020
Central Piedmont, NC
Gosh darn it. It cant be this complicated. Reading the manual gave me a headache.
56 hours without a regen. I know its getting close. I have several hours of disking to do and would love to have it regen while I am working it.
Is there anyway on my L4701 to manually start a regen while working?
Am I just missing something in the manual?
I notice some people refer to a " DPF meter". Do I have one that I am not aware of?
You don’t have a DPF meter on a L4701. There’s a laundry list of goodies our L4701 “economy” tractors don’t have and that’s one of them.

And no, you can’t start a regen when you want to. The tractor tells you it wants to regen and you can comply immediately or defer. If you defer, would make it a point to let it do the auto regen while you’re working next time you’re running it so you don’t ever have to get into parked regen, limp mode, etc.

It only gets complicated if: 1) you do something dumb and ignore a very minor inconvenience until it is a real time wasting PITA; 2) something in the system breaks (seems to be rare prior to actually wearing out). Not really that much different from many other things in life.

Last edited:

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, B2650, Gator, Ingersoll mower
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
Could you clarify a couple of items?
I have an L3901, 50+ hours.

My understanding is that parked regen is not directly selectable. You have to inhibit regen while regen light comes on while working and wait for level 2 warning. **OR** Ignore regen light in auto while working until soot level 2 is achieved. After one of the above produces a level 2 (parked regen light on meter flashing), parked regen is then possible.
Is my understanding correct?
Yes.

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
The place where it gets confusing is the different models of Kubota tractors have different set ups. The 2013s, the first year the tier IV came out for the L sized tractors, the default mode on startup is that Auto regen is inhibited, and you have to push an Auto regen button to allow it. My L3560 is like that.

The next year they reprogrammed the software and installed a different looking button, the auto regen symbol has a slash through it, and the default mode on starting the tractor is auto regen is allowed to proceed without operator input if the temperature and rpm conditions are met. The only thing you have to do is pay attention to the lights and not do something to stop the regen in the middle, like reduce the rpms or shut it off. Or push the regen inhibit button.

So what is true for one owner may not be true for another, you have to pay attention to which tractor someone has.

The L01 series and the L60 series have different panels and lights, and slightly different directions but process is similar. As stated above, the dpf meter is only on the L60 tractors. I have not seen the new LX33 panel yet, so don’t know about it. DPF meter is worth its weight in gold in my opinion.

No you cannot initiate a regen on the L tractors at will. There are some bigger pieces of Kubota equipment that you can. I have complained to Kubota about that to no avail. Seems like that would be easy to program in.

A parked regen as a specific process done at level 2 soot is not the same as doing an auto regen while parked.

Reactions: 1 users

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
Bark, yes the manual is confusing. I wrote up an intro for new users a few years ago, when there was a lot of people just getting started. There are several threads “stickied” at the top of the Tractor Operating Forum where pretty much no one ever sees them. If you have any more questions, look at the pdf files referred to in Post 1 of this thread.

https://www.orangetractortalks.com/...nts-calling-all-owners-of-new-tractors.27326/

or ask again here, lots of folks glad to help. Regen is typically no big deal. I have had my tractor 8 years and no problems. Granted it leads a sheltered life on a small farm.

Bark

Equipment
L4701/FM2560LA765/BB2560Pittsburgh disk Titan P forks
Feb 18, 2020
North CA
And no, you can’t start a regen when you want to.
No you cannot initiate a regen on the L tractors at will. There are some bigger pieces of Kubota equipment that you can. I have complained to Kubota about that to no avail. Seems like that would be easy to program in.
Bark, yes the manual is confusing. There are several threads “stickied” at the top of the Tractor Operating Forum where pretty much no one ever sees them. If you have any more questions, look at the pdf files referred to in Post 1 of this thread. https://www.orangetractortalks.com/...nts-calling-all-owners-of-new-tractors.27326/
or ask again here, lots of folks glad to help. Regen is typically no big deal. I have had my tractor 8 years and no problems. Granted it leads a sheltered life on a small farm.
Thanks guys. The whole regen business doesn't bother me but I sure do wish I could tell it to regen a little early while I am working it.
I had not seen those stickys. Thanks for pointing them out.

nwjones18

Equipment
L4701 HST, RCR1872 Rotary Cutter, RTA1266 Tiller and Grapple
Jan 21, 2021
Warner Robins, GA
My L4701 did its first regen since I've owned it the other day. I bought it with 125hrs and its at 142 now, but I have no idea how long it'd been since the last one. Saw the lights flashing on the dash put it at PTO RPM and kept working. Took 10-15min. I run the tractor at whatever RPM seem appropriate for what I'm doing, don't keep the speed up 'just because'.

Reactions: 2 users

DaveFromMi

Equipment
L3901, 5' Bush Hog
Apr 14, 2021
Indiana
Have had no problems with the auto regen. I was thinking incorrectly that you could initiate parked regen when the regen light first comes on. Not so. You have to wait until DPF gets more clogged up (level 2) to be able to select parked regen.
For last regen, was working the tractor, shut it off for about 15 minutes, then was going to move it into the barn when the regen meter light came on. I left it in auto, parking brake on, neutral, lifts down, then raised the RPM accordingly. The auto regen failed then was prompted for parked regen. Parked regen was successful but could not select it until level 2. Not really a fail safe setup.

Snowman7

Equipment
LX3310 535 loader, LX2980, RB2672, FDR1660
May 20, 2020
Boyne Falls, MI.
Could you clarify a couple of items?
I have an L3901, 50+ hours.

My understanding is that parked regen is not directly selectable. You have to inhibit regen while regen light comes on while working and wait for level 2 warning. **OR** Ignore regen light in auto while working until soot level 2 is achieved. After one of the above produces a level 2 (parked regen light on meter flashing), parked regen is then possible.
Is my understanding correct?
That is what happened to me, level2, I was hoping it would do the auto deal and I would continue mowing but it did not.

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
Gosh darn it. It cant be this complicated. Reading the manual gave me a headache.
56 hours without a regen. I know its getting close. I have several hours of disking to do and would love to have it regen while I am working it.
Is there anyway on my L4701 to manually start a regen while working?
Am I just missing something in the manual?
I notice some people refer to a " DPF meter". Do I have one that I am not aware of?
That is what happened to me, level2, I was hoping it would do the auto deal and I would continue mowing but it did not.
Snowman, you are the first LX3310 owner to mention regen issues. I think its engine is a little different from those in the L01 and L60 tractors, even though all three now have a common rail high pressure injection system. Seems like I read the LX has indirect injection whereas the L01 and L60 have direct. No clue, assuming I remember correctly, what difference that might make.

Can you carefully compare the regen directions in your manual to see if there is any significant difference between the LX and our older tractors? I can download from the Kubota website, and will check when I can. The LX would be the smallest of the tier IV common rail engines, and its predecessor the B3350 had a whole different mechanism for regens.

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
Ok I have downloaded one version of the LX3310 OM from Kubota. It would appear they have updated the manuals as of March 2021, not sure which I have.

In any case I think there is a mistake in their table for what to do if auto regen is enabled. It says the parked regen indicator starts flashing at level 1, and it doesn't usually. Please have a look at your manual and see what it says, table on page 46.

The sales videos imply auto regen should behave the same as ours do, provided the temp and rpm parameters are met. If your next regen doesn't go normally, you should tell your dealer, and let us know too.

DaveFromMi

Equipment
L3901, 5' Bush Hog
Apr 14, 2021
Indiana
According to L3901 operator manual, the dpf clogs up to level 2-1 and the beeper sounds every 5 seconds. At this point, you cannot do auto regen. Also, it is not possible to do parked regen either. You have to wait until level 2-2, when the beeper sounds every 3 seconds to do a parked regen.
I was having difficulty wrapping my brain around this process. There is a point where the dpf is clogged, but there is nothing you can do but wait for the more frequent beeps.
Maybe this is an error in the manual.

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
According to L3901 operator manual, the dpf clogs up to level 2-1 and the beeper sounds every 5 seconds. At this point, you cannot do auto regen. Also, it is not possible to do parked regen either. You have to wait until level 2-2, when the beeper sounds every 3 seconds to do a parked regen.
I was having difficulty wrapping my brain around this process. There is a point where the dpf is clogged, but there is nothing you can do but wait for the more frequent beeps.
Maybe this is an error in the manual.
The 3 manuals I looked at are all slightly different when it comes to the table of what is possible and when. And how frequent the beeps are and when. The LX replaces the B3350 and it kind of looks like a cut and paste was done on the old B3350 manual. As far as I know the L01 manuals are ok, but I didn’t look for a copy last night. The way the box is laid out you can’t tell when in level 2 the parked regen light will start flashing.

Bark

Equipment
L4701/FM2560LA765/BB2560Pittsburgh disk Titan P forks
Feb 18, 2020
North CA
I have a new LX3310, I do not know how to change my info,lol
I get there from the Forums page by clicking the 4th icon over at the top right (it probably looks like an orange box with an S in it to you).
Than I click Account Details.
Than I go down to "Equipment" .
Better update soon. These people can be brutal.:)

random

Equipment
L3301, bucket, backhoe, grader, plow, harrow, cultivator
Nov 2, 2020
NC
Maybe I'm not understanding something: "Parked regen" - if you WANT to do this, just park the thing and ramp up the RPMs. I would think you would want to avoid doing a FORCED parked regen, where the tractor is telling you to STOP AND REGEN. Why would you want to force that mode?

As for "no operator input" that depends, at least on my L3301 - if you're running at a lower RPM you'll need to raise it until you reach a high enough speed. If you're already there, it just does it on its own.

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901/LA525, B7200DT/B1630, G2160/RCK60, G2460/RCK60
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
That's quite a few hours without a regen. Are you sure that it hasn't.

Unless paying close attention, I do not notice when mine do (B3350 excepted when I am ALWAYS paying close attention).

SDT
No i can not be sure it has not regened. I can be sure that if it did it was a total non-event in terms of operation and performance of the machine. It would also be unlikely i missed a warning light that was on for 10 plus minutes but I can't be 100% sure of that either.

Dan

Snowman7

Equipment
May 20, 2020
Boyne Falls, MI.
I get there from the Forums page by clicking the 4th icon over at the top right (it probably looks like an orange box with an S in it to you).
Than I click Account Details.
Than I go down to "Equipment" .
Better update soon. These people can be brutal.:)
Lol, thanks

DaveFromMi

Equipment
L3901, 5' Bush Hog
Apr 14, 2021
Indiana
Maybe I'm not understanding something: "Parked regen" - if you WANT to do this, just park the thing and ramp up the RPMs. I would think you would want to avoid doing a FORCED parked regen, where the tractor is telling you to STOP AND REGEN. Why would you want to force that mode?

As for "no operator input" that depends, at least on my L3301 - if you're running at a lower RPM you'll need to raise it until you reach a high enough speed. If you're already there, it just does it on its own.
As mentioned previously, I attempted to do auto regen while idling. I pushed the RPM up until speed increase lamp quit flashing. It failed. After about 5 minutes, parked regen switch started flashing, then I pushed it. Parked regen was then successful.
Yep, I would like to avoid parked regen as well. If that fails, then you have an expensive repair on your hands.

Snowman7

Equipment
May 20, 2020
Boyne Falls, MI.
So do you think it is safe to say that when my LX told me it was time for a regen all I needed to do was increase rpm? I was mowing. Probably 2000-2200 when the light came on. It kept flashing and eventualily went into level two.