Finally some snow

bearbait

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, 64" snowblower, 72" back blade
Dec 9, 2011
New Glasgow Canada
Bota's finally gonna get a workout today and tomorrow. What a difference in a week. Last weekend I was rabbit hunting with my beagles ( big white bunny's )with not a flake of snow. Today can't see 20 yards. Gonna be a busy weekend cleaning this up.

GeoD

Equipment
B2100HSD 4WD,60" mid mount mowing deck,B2660 front mount snow blower,drag plow
Nov 27, 2012
Lehighton, PA
You beat me to the post bearbait. I can finally play in the snow with the Bota! Time to try out this bigazz snowblower. Two passes up the driveway and it will be clear.

My beagle was having a ball in the snow earlier this morning. Running and rolling in the white stuff. I will have to use the Bota to clear him a walking path around the perimeter of the yard. ;)

hodge

Lifetime Member

Equipment
John Deere 790 John Deere 310 backhoe Bobcat 743
Nov 19, 2010
Love, VA
I for one would like to see some pictures. We haven't gotten much this winter.

bearbait

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Dec 9, 2011
New Glasgow Canada
You beat me to the post bearbait. I can finally play in the snow with the Bota! Time to try out this bigazz snowblower. Two passes up the driveway and it will be clear.

My beagle was having a ball in the snow earlier this morning. Running and rolling in the white stuff. I will have to use the Bota to clear him a walking path around the perimeter of the yard. ;)
I just uploaded some pic's of my beagles this morning...just figured out how to. I always clear most of the yard for the boys...makes it much easier to pick up the dog doo's lol. Wow, only 2 passes and your done. I have 1.5 km's of driveway. Gonna be a long weekend. Right now it's snowing and blowing so hard u can only see about 20 yards. Stay safe my friend

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Looks like you have a pretty nice spread there,, And theres no sweeter music than listening to a brace of beagles on a bunny even if they loose it. Around here it wasnt worth putting the blade on this year if we got 6 inches total I would be supprised, more ice and freezing rain than snow
:(

bearbait

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Dec 9, 2011
New Glasgow Canada
Looks like you have a pretty nice spread there,, And theres no sweeter music than listening to a brace of beagles on a bunny even if they loose it. Around here it wasnt worth putting the blade on this year if we got 6 inches total I would be supprised, more ice and freezing rain than snow
:(
Thanks, we're very happy here. Up untill now we had nothing. The storm was a bit of a disappointment yesterday. it started out good then backed right off later in the day. Today was worst than yesterday...plowed this am and will have to make another run later today, about 40cm in total so far.

GeoD

Equipment
Nov 27, 2012
Lehighton, PA
Yeah, I would say you got approx 20" more than we did! LOL!! How did the tractor's snow blower handle the deep snow?

Here's some pics of my yard and tractor. I decided to attached the dragplow to help with the driveway cleanup. It worked very well. Unfortunately, I did have some set backs. I lost both skids. I found them and put them back on with new bolts. Then I broke a shear pin/bolt on the snow blower right before the blades. Maybe someone can help me with a replacement size or part number (see pic with green arrow)? I went on the Kubota parts site and typed in the model and serial# and nothing comes up in the search. Im finding the parts site is a bit useless. Anyone have a manual for the B2660 snow blower serial# 70000274?

Attachments

Last edited:

GeoD

Equipment
Nov 27, 2012
Lehighton, PA
Here's the aftermath.

(I deleted the video from YouTube)

Last edited:

Tire Biter

Equipment
B 2601 434 loader MMM, bunch of tractor stuff . Ford 4600
Jul 10, 2012
S.E. TN
Yeah, I would say you got approx 20" more than we did! LOL!! How did the tractor's snow blower handle the deep snow?

Here's some pics of my yard and tractor. I decided to attached the dragplow to help with the driveway cleanup. It worked very well. Unfortunately, I did have some set backs. I lost both skids. I found them and put them back on with new bolts. Then I broke a shear pin/bolt on the snow blower right before the blades. Maybe someone can help me with a replacement size or part number (see pic with green arrow)? I went on the Kubota parts site and typed in the model and serial# and nothing comes up in the search. Im finding the parts site is a bit useless. Anyone have a manual for the B2660 snow blower serial# 70000274?
The snowblower worked awesome. I ran it all day due to my driveway is 600' and I had to clear out around my out buildings. I created a monster here with all the stuff I built, it needs to be cleared out very time it snows. The snowblower beats plowing like I used to do and all the banked up snow piles. I'd rather shoot it to where it won't be in the way. My other orange machine (Ariens) worked great to. At some places, it was like a snow submarine, and it never missed a beat.
On your shear bolt, I think a grade 2 bolt will substitute fine.

GeoD

Equipment
Nov 27, 2012
Lehighton, PA
I also have an Ariens walk behind snowblower. It works great but my driveway is stone and dirt and sometimes it gets hung up and I have to muscle it around. Sometimes I think it would be easier just shoveling it. We moved into this house this past October and I thought I had a long driveway of 445' but you guys got me beat hands down. Do I score some points beings my driveway has an incline!? :D

Last edited: