finally got some pallet forks

rkidd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650, FEL With QA 60"mmm, 3pt FDR1672,homemade ballast box, BB 1572 box scraper
Dec 7, 2015
Jefferson Ohio
I had been looking for quite some time for some SSQA pallet forks for my B2650 to shuffle implements in and out of my shipping container. Just really didnt want to spent 5-7 hundred dollars on a pair. I finally found a pair of 48" pallet forks down the road for $100.00. Price was right. They werent quite SSQA but with a little fabbing and welding I knew I could make them that way. They did have somewhat of the top lip, but was too narrow. I had to widen about 1 1/2" on each side. Had to cut the side supports off about a foot down as it angled in and was in the way to extend the top lip. I then welded a new side support in vertical to the top lip so the SSQA from the tractor would fit in. The original bottom latches would not work at all, so had to cut them off. I then cut out some new ones and weld them on at the correct angle to fit properly. There is a hole where the bottom latches were which I will patch back in. All in all came out good, and they work great.
View attachment 29503 View attachment 29504 View attachment 29505 View attachment 29506 View attachment 29507

Last edited:

Spectre381

Equipment
Kubota B2650, LA534 FEL, SGC0660 Grapple, 42" forks, ballast box, ratchet rake
Aug 18, 2016
NC
Nice job! That was one of the implements I insisted on getting when I got my B2650 last year. Worth its weight in gold when it's needed, which is more often than I thought it would be.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

rkidd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650, FEL With QA 60"mmm, 3pt FDR1672,homemade ballast box, BB 1572 box scraper
Dec 7, 2015
Jefferson Ohio
Nice job! That was one of the implements I insisted on getting when I got my B2650 last year. Worth its weight in gold when it's needed, which is more often than I thought it would be.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Thanks Spectre381. Sure looking forward to having a set. I am sure like you say I will use them alot. Being a retired heavy equipment operator I have used quick attach forks alot on loaders and rubber tired backhoes on all kinds of jobs. They are sure handy.

rkidd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Dec 7, 2015
Jefferson Ohio
Nice find. If you find another set that cheap let me know.
I sure will if I find another set. I also at the same time bought a 4ft King Kutter brush hog he had sitting by the forks for a $100.00. So $200.00 for the pair. Was my lucky day. Brush Hog works, just needs some TLC.

View attachment 29522

Last edited:

OC455

Equipment
BX2350 LED ROP, FEL, Belly mower,modified snow blower, pole boom, middle plow
Sep 30, 2016
Rome NY USA
I sure will if I find another set. I also at the same time bought a 4ft King Kutter brush hog he had sitting by the forks for a $100.00. So $200.00 for the pair. Was my lucky day. Brush Hog works, just needs some TLC.

View attachment 29522
Damn nice finds! Man, I wish I could find a large roller like the one in the background...

Yooper

Lifetime Member

Equipment
3901 LA525
May 31, 2015
NE Wisconsin
Your welds are looking pretty good there, Kidd! (Sorry, couldn't resist)

Just don't expect to have a forklift. I built a set for my tractor and they weighed about 400 lbs when done. My LA 525 only lifts 1000 lbs, so it leaves me with only 600 lbs capacity. Still handy as heck, don't get me wrong. Just keep the weight of what your trying to pick up within reason.

rkidd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Dec 7, 2015
Jefferson Ohio
Your welds are looking pretty good there, Kidd! (Sorry, couldn't resist)

Just don't expect to have a forklift. I built a set for my tractor and they weighed about 400 lbs when done. My LA 525 only lifts 1000 lbs, so it leaves me with only 600 lbs capacity. Still handy as heck, don't get me wrong. Just keep the weight of what your trying to pick up within reason.
Hey thanks Yoop. Not on your level of welding, but I have progressed over the last couple years. Just getting some gun time and learning how to work the leading edge of the puddle has really helped. I am working toward getting my Yooper welding cert!!! Haha. Still using my Lincoln 110 volt, 140 amp welder. I am really wanting to step up to the Lincoln mp 210 welder, to be able to do some thicker material. Before I found these forks, I had got a set of 42" forks and all the material to fab up a set to make SSQA and I was going to fab them to work on the 3pt hitch also. Probably a winter project now. I understand about the weight thing on the forks from my past occupation. My LA534 on my B2650 are rated about the same at 1100lbs. I have been busy with my tractor, and the new forks are sure nice to shuffle my implements in and out of my shipping container to get the one I need.

Last edited:

tiredguy

Equipment
B3030 HSTC,B2781 51" front mounted snowblower,60" MMM
Jan 21, 2010
northern lower Michigan
Awesome bargain and excellent job of fabricating them to fit perfectly too!

Be careful about wanting that "Yooper" certificate tho, it requires LIVING in
order to earn in the land of a whole lot more snow and cold than Ohio LOL!

If you need to weld thicker metal keep your eye out on Craigslist for a Lincoln
225 stick welder PLENTY out there most barely used and cost is around $100.
If you've got 220 volt power all you need is rod and practice.
Al

Yooper

Lifetime Member

Equipment
3901 LA525
May 31, 2015
NE Wisconsin
Hey thanks Yoop. Not on your level of welding, but I have progressed over the last couple years. Just getting some gun time and learning how to work the leading edge of the puddle has really helped. I am working toward getting my Yooper welding cert!!! Haha. Still using my Lincoln 110 volt, 140 amp welder. I am really wanting to step up to the Lincoln mp 210 welder, to be able to do some thicker material. Before I found these forks, I had got a set of 42" forks and all the material to fab up a set to make SSQA and I was going to fab them to work on the 3pt hitch also. Probably a winter project now. I understand about the weight thing on the forks from my past occupation. My LA534 on my B2650 are rated about the same at 1100lbs. I have been busy with my tractor, and the new forks are sure nice to shuffle my implements in and out of my shipping container to get the one I need.
Just looked up the Lincoln 210 MP. Looks like a nice package for the money, plus the versatility it gives you is a big plus. Would like to try welding with one of these some day.

rkidd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Dec 7, 2015
Jefferson Ohio
Awesome bargain and excellent job of fabricating them to fit perfectly too!

Be careful about wanting that "Yooper" certificate tho, it requires LIVING in
order to earn in the land of a whole lot more snow and cold than Ohio LOL!

If you need to weld thicker metal keep your eye out on Craigslist for a Lincoln
225 stick welder PLENTY out there most barely used and cost is around $100.
If you've got 220 volt power all you need is rod and practice.
Al
Thanks for compliment and the info tiredguy. I will keep the Yooper thing in mind!!

rkidd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Dec 7, 2015
Jefferson Ohio
Just looked up the Lincoln 210 MP. Looks like a nice package for the money, plus the versatility it gives you is a big plus. Would like to try welding with one of these some day.
I have checked the reviews on the mp210 and majority are good. I think it would be perfect for my situation. 110 or 220 volt, comes with mig and stick set up, and tig set up available which I would like to get into some day. It weighs 40 lbs and is the same size as what I have. We will see.