field cultivator

budpat105

Equipment
L3800
Aug 13, 2013
Jacksonville,il
I have a L3800 and am wanting to do so small field work. It does not have a remote outlet. Can I take the loader off and run a cylinder off of its hyd outlets? How do I ad a remote. Will this tractor pull a 12 foot Field Cultivator With Harrow ? How about a 12 ft chisel plow? How big of disc?

tiredguy

Equipment
B3030 HSTC,B2781 51" front mounted snowblower,60" MMM
Jan 21, 2010
northern lower Michigan
I have a L3800 and am wanting to do so small field work. It does not have a remote outlet. Can I take the loader off and run a cylinder off of its hyd outlets? How do I ad a remote. Will this tractor pull a 12 foot Field Cultivator With Harrow ? How about a 12 ft chisel plow? How big of disc?
Yes you should be able to use the loader valve when it's off running really long hoses back to a cylinder. See a dealer for what's needed to add a rear remote and of course it will be pricey. Your tractor would pull the field cultivator just fine as long as you don't let it down into the dirt to do any work. LOL! Sorry I couldn't resist that one as I learned myself just how much power it takes to pull something that big working it in a field. It felt like I was hooked onto a frieght train the first time I dropped the tines into the ground pulling an 8 foot wide vibra shank behind my 57 horse Belarus 4wd tractor and it came to an instant stop once the teeth bit in. You'll need to stick to implements that are in the 6 foot wide range and plow wise no more than a 2 bottom plow. Start looking for something that's just slightly larger in width that what your tractor is and make sure the shovels etc are adjustable in width and can be removed if there's more than your tractor can pull.
Craigslist is an excellent source for finding used equipment in your area and I'd recommend you start in a venue like that and ask others that are familiar with your soil what they use in your area. You'd need at least 100hp if not more to pull a 12 foot chisel plow minimum.
Al

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Will this tractor pull a 12 foot Field Cultivator With Harrow ? How about a 12 ft chisel plow?
:eek:

I'm with tiredguy, 6 foot is about maximum on about all the implements.
Even a 6 foot chisel plow is probably going to stop you dead in your tracks!

I have a 6' 9 tooth, spring tooth cultivator/plow and with a tractor that's about the same size as yours, in sandy soil, it can stop it dead in it's tracks!

I can run a single tooth ripper, about a foot and 1/2 in the ground before it tries to stop me. It's not always the lack of HP that's the problem, it's the weight and traction that get to be an issue.