Fiddle farting around on the farm.

Siesta Sundance

Equipment
L305DT, MX 5200, SVL 75-2, (Sold M7060))
Oct 23, 2022
youtube.com
My youngest son is pretty smart, I'm gonna see if he can use Paul Haveys voice using AI. I have a really cool short story version about the latest adventures of The Laundry Fairy.

It's hard to imagine in this day that some Texas schools only taught up to the 8th grade education!!

After completing 8th grade, it was up to the students, parents, neighbors, and friends to transport the kids to adjacent towns with high schools.

In 2022, this small school introduced its first high school for grades 9th to 12th. Currently, the high school has freshman and sophomores, and next school year, it will have juniors. By the fall of 2025, it will have its first senior class.

The school hasn't had a Fine Arts program since 1985.

The school currently has less than 500 kids in grades ranging 1st to 10th.

Nearly 40 years later, the Fine Art program will start again at the school.

Every high school student is required to take one Fine Arts credit in order to meet Texas graduation requirements.

Starting in the fall of 2024, the school will have one awesome art teacher, Mrs. SIESTA SUNDANCE!!

This school is less than a 15min drive from the farm. I met with the realtor and photographer today at our house in town, it will be on the market before Spring break!
I think our house in town might be sold, we signed a counter offer this evening. Im sure we'll find out by tomorrow afternoon. YEAH!

Viewing the neighbors farm/house this Sunday(no realtor involved) gonna take a tour, talk numbers etc. I'm hoping it's not gonna break the piggy bank if we really like it.

Reactions: 4 users

Siesta Sundance

Equipment
Oct 23, 2022
youtube.com
I think our house in town might be sold, we signed a counter offer this evening. Im sure we'll find out by tomorrow afternoon. YEAH!

Viewing the neighbors farm/house this Sunday(no realtor involved) gonna take a tour, talk numbers etc. I'm hoping it's not gonna break the piggy bank if we really like it.
🤠 under contract, buyers ordered home inspection for Friday. Woot.

Reactions: 5 users

Siesta Sundance

Equipment
Oct 23, 2022
youtube.com
My bull has been a bit ornery lately.
He has been thinking about crossing the CG. I tried to calling him in with cubes, and if he could have givin me a middle finger, he would.
20240322_133911.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

Moose7060

Equipment
M7060, Farm King PT740, HLA 2500 Snowpusher, LandPride RCR1872, Defender HD9 XT
Oct 14, 2023
bc
My bull has been a bit ornery lately.
He has been thinking about crossing the CG. I tried to calling him in with cubes, and if he could have givin me a middle finger, he would.
View attachment 124757
If you are bored and looking for a bit of excitement, give yourself a little spray of bovine estrous. :LOL:

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user

Siesta Sundance

Equipment
Oct 23, 2022
youtube.com
If you are bored and looking for a bit of excitement, give yourself a little spray of bovine estrous. :LOL:
Ha. lol

I think he's being a bit cocky this week cause a few of the cows were in heat.

I'm gonna see if I got some white paint, gonna stripe the cattle guard pipes for additional visual deterrence.
I do have a gate there at the CG, but I have short/long term guests staying at 2 RV sites(Farm Stay...). I can only trust to have them out on this side of the property when I'm here.

Moose7060

Equipment
M7060, Farm King PT740, HLA 2500 Snowpusher, LandPride RCR1872, Defender HD9 XT
Oct 14, 2023
bc
Ha. lol

I'm gonna see if I got some white paint, gonna stripe the cattle guard pipes for additional visual deterrence.
I do have a gate there at the CG, but I have short/long term guests staying at 2 RV sites(Farm Stay...). I can only trust to have them out on this side of the property when I'm here.
My uncle painted white stripes across his blacktop driveway and it worked for his Herefords. Cheers.

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
I guess I have not been paying attention. You're selling a rental home you have in town? You're purchasing a neighbor (near the farm) home for your use? Where are you living now, on the farm you are going to expand?

Siesta Sundance

Equipment
Oct 23, 2022
youtube.com
I guess I have not been paying attention. You're selling a rental home you have in town? You're purchasing a neighbor (near the farm) home for your use? Where are you living now, on the farm you are going to expand?
Yes/no, retired military, nomad lol.

I have a house in town its for sale. Not the costal home. My youngest son who is a Sr in HS, graduates in May.
Selling house in town. We have a redneck mobile at the farm. Neighboring property is about to hit the market in May/June. Built in 2006, est 1800sq ft. on 18 acres, a 8 acre portion(square) of the 18ac butts up to our 50.

Siesta Sundance

Equipment
Oct 23, 2022
youtube.com
My uncle painted white stripes across his blacktop driveway and it worked for his Herefords. Cheers.
Done!! I wiped it done with gas before spraying. Used 2 cans of spray paint, probably needed 3. But 2 was all I had. I probably do the other one further down, cause I occasionally put the cows in there to graze the sides.

20240323_145044.jpg

Reactions: 4 users

PoTreeBoy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L35 Ford 3930
Mar 24, 2020
WestTn/NoMs
Ha. lol

Wait. You're letting your guests camp in the pasture with your bull? Have they been warned? That could be interesting!

Siesta Sundance

Equipment
Oct 23, 2022
youtube.com
Wait. You're letting your guests camp in the pasture with your bull? Have they been warned? That could be interesting!
Yup, its a farm stay.
Written in my farm rules similar to Yellowstone National Park with the bison. Do not feed them don't get near them. I have 2 million liability insurance, and Texas is great about protecting farmers and ranchers.
My bull is mostly a gentle and mellow dude, I can handle him, but most important to remember with livestock, they are Not pets. They will cause unintentionally harm, they are clumsy and unpredictable.
20240323_172509.jpg

Trapper Bob

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L4701, Wicked grapple, 6’ bush hog, pallet forks, 7’ box blade, 6’ Wicked bucket
Jan 17, 2022
Andover, KS
Done!! I wiped it done with gas before spraying. Used 2 cans of spray paint, probably needed 3. But 2 was all I had. I probably do the other one further down, cause I occasionally put the cows in there to graze the sides.

View attachment 124764
I don’t know about the bull, but I like it.

Siesta Sundance

Equipment
Oct 23, 2022
youtube.com
Gonna order some more 6k lb load rated straps/loops in case I need them.
I have a couple of these already, just ordered 4 more straps.
Screenshot_20240323_213853_Amazon Shopping.jpg

I don’t know about the bull, but I like it.
The bull is least of my worry, lol.
All my heifers came from a wild herd, and after those cows have their 1st calf, that's when the momma attitude kicks in.

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Yup, its a farm stay.
Written in my farm rules similar to Yellowstone National Park with the bison. Do not feed them don't get near them. I have 2 million liability insurance, and Texas is great about protecting farmers and ranchers.
My bull is mostly a gentle and mellow dude, I can handle him, but most important to remember with livestock, they are Not pets. They will cause unintentionally harm, they are clumsy and unpredictable.
View attachment 124785
No offense, but an adult bull is incompatible with your camping set up.

Your flyer/statement of indemnification is wise, but wonder if it would truly protect you from liability.

I personally have little experience with bulls, but many farmers in my area do keep them

That said, I know of several violent incidents where bulls hurt or killed people.

They’re unpredictable and can be very dangerous. Even a “little” 1,300 pound Jersey bull almost did in my elderly friend that had been around cattle 70 years.

Just wanted to relay my word of caution.

• Dislike

Siesta Sundance

Equipment
Oct 23, 2022
youtube.com
No offense, but an adult bull is incompatible with your camping set up.

Your flyer/statement of indemnification is wise, but wonder if it would truly protect you from liability.

I personally have little experience with bulls, but many farmers in my area do keep them

That said, I know of several violent incidents where bulls hurt or killed people.

They’re unpredictable and can be very dangerous. Even a “little” 1,300 pound Jersey bull almost did in my elderly friend that had been around cattle 70 years.

Just wanted to relay my word of caution.
lol

Do you think I would intentionally have an aggressive animal out? Nope.

Every bull has their own behavior traits. Most of the bulls I work with are gentle giants. My bull is fairly young so he is in teenager stage, not listening by not coming to me. At no point has he had aggressive behavior, just a recent episode of stubborn behavior. There is a difference. Look, I'm not gong to have any aggressive animals here, they will get loaded for the butcher in a heartbeat. Signs are posted and every adult has to sign a liability form/rules. Those same adults/parents or legal guardians have to sign on behalf of the kids.

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
lol

Do you think I would intentionally have an aggressive animal out? Nope.

Every bull has their own behavior traits. Most of the bulls I work with are gentle giants. My bull is fairly young so he is in teenager stage, not listening by not coming to me. At no point has he had aggressive behavior, just a recent episode of stubborn behavior. There is a difference. Look, I'm not gong to have any aggressive animals here, they will get loaded for the butcher in a heartbeat. Signs are posted and every adult has to sign a liability form/rules. Those same adults/parents or legal guardians have to sign on behalf of the kids.
Of course you wouldn’t.

I came across overly judgmental and I apologize for that. I enjoy this thread very much. 👍

Reactions: 1 users

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Heck, I used to take 3 very small kids to a farm pond to fish. Kids were only 4 or 5 at first.

Pond was in a summer pasture for 30 or so heifers and several steers. They were always very curious..👍