FEL Operation

torch

Equipment
B7100HSD, B2789, B2550, B4672, 48" cultivator, homemade FEL and Cab
Jun 10, 2016
Muskoka, Ont.
Ok, look at figure 3 2 in that file, above. It explains which hose goes to which port.

Last edited:

torch

Equipment
Jun 10, 2016
Muskoka, Ont.
Sorry, I meant figure 2 in that file, above. It explains which hose goes to which port.

Gruh6

Equipment
B6200HST, 1640 FEL, 3pt cultvator, belly mower
Aug 29, 2020
Ok great. Should be interesting.
Looking at both pictures and the loader, I think it just reverses the operation. Instead of the lift being to the left and drop to the right it will be lift right and drop left, that is wrong, just a different wrong.
My thought is the only way to get the valve to operate the same as the old one, lift down drop up would be to mount the valve on it's side.
I'm sure I could cut the old mount off weld a new mounting plate on buy all new fittings with 45degree jic. And change hoses that no longer fit.
I guess that would be option #1. Option #2 would be,( and this is where I could really use some expert advice) to switch the lift hoses with the curl, dump hoses. Or option #3 put old valve back on and stick new one in a box for another time. Which is how I am leaning.
What Dave said rang true, even after running the tractor for several hours I was still fumbling around trying to remember which was which.
I had a 350cb honda back in 1972 it shifted one down 1st gear then 4up .
In 1974 I bought a harley 1200 it was 1 up 3 down, after a year never knowing what gear I was in I switched the shifter around to 1 down 3 up. I still look for 5th gear. So I'm very sure Dave's advice is right on for me . No sense being stupid.

torch

Equipment
Jun 10, 2016
Muskoka, Ont.
You are overthinking it. If the arms are lifting and lowering when you move the stick left and right, then you have the hoses on the wrong ports.

Boom raise = port "B2"
Boom lower = port "A2"
Bucket curl = port "B1"
Bucket dump = port "A1"

It sounds like you have the bucket hoses to the "-1" ports and the lift hoses to the "-2" ports.

You only need to change over the joystick if the mount is to the left of the valve body with the ports pointing to the right. If the mount is to the right with the ports pointing left, then don't invert the orientation.

Gruh6

Equipment
Aug 29, 2020
You are overthinking it. If the arms are lifting and lowering when you move the stick left and right, then you have the hoses on the wrong ports.

Boom raise = port "B2"
Boom lower = port "A2"
Bucket curl = port "B1"
Bucket dump = port "A1"

It sounds like you have the bucket hoses to the "-1" ports and the lift hoses to the "-2" ports.

You only need to change over the joystick if the mount is to the left of the valve body with the ports pointing to the right. If the mount is to the right with the ports pointing left, then don't invert the orientation.
It lays flat all hoses connect pointing up. Power beyond and return are on the side.
I rechecked the connections and they follow the direction from brand.
I can move the hoses around but was worried that the valve was designed only to operate the way it is discribed.

Gruh6

Equipment
Aug 29, 2020
It lays flat all hoses connect pointing up. Power beyond and return are on the side.
I rechecked the connections and they follow the direction from brand.
I can move the hoses around but was worried that the valve was designed only to operate the way it is discribed.
Yes b2 raise, a 1 lower.

torch

Equipment
Jun 10, 2016
Muskoka, Ont.
My mistake. I thought your hoses were to the side.

What is the exact model number of the Brand control valve you bought?

torch

Equipment
Jun 10, 2016
Muskoka, Ont.

What is the exact model number of the Brand Hydraulics control valve you bought?

Gruh6

Equipment
Aug 29, 2020

LV22RFSTKAB

LV22RFSTKAB

torch

Equipment
Jun 10, 2016
Muskoka, Ont.
Ok, that's what I thought you had. The problem is that you cannot reconfigure hoses and keep the Float and Regen functions in the correct positions.

According to this file:https://www.brand-hyd.com/wfData/files/catalog/valves/LV-REV(D)2018.pdf

What you need for top ports is the LV22RFSTKA3K.

A = ports to left
A1 = ports to right
A2 = ports on bottom
A3 = ports on top.

According to this file: https://www.brand-hyd.com/wfdata/files/install/valves/Converting_LV-MB_Joystick_from_A2_to_A3.pdf

you need an LV60 Retaining Plate to convert your valve for top outlets. Then assemble as for the A3 configuration.

(Please check with Brand themselves to confirm the above, just in case I made another mistake! )

Gruh6

Equipment
Aug 29, 2020
Ok, that's what I thought you had. The problem is that you cannot reconfigure hoses and keep the Float and Regen functions in the correct positions.

According to this file:https://www.brand-hyd.com/wfData/files/catalog/valves/LV-REV(D)2018.pdf

What you need for top ports is the LV22RFSTKA3K.

A = ports to left
A1 = ports to right
A2 = ports on bottom
A3 = ports on top.

According to this file: https://www.brand-hyd.com/wfdata/files/install/valves/Converting_LV-MB_Joystick_from_A2_to_A3.pdf

you need an LV60 Retaining Plate to convert your valve for top outlets. Then assemble as for the A3 configuration.

(Please check with Brand themselves to confirm the above, just in case I made another mistake! )
Thank you for all your time and knowledge. My choices have been narrowed, you confirmed my thoughts.
Remount the valve on its side, replace the valve with the correct configuration to start with or stick the old valve back on. Which at tjis time seems to make the most sense.
And since the whole mess started with the block valve being in the wrong position I guess the old valve was still working , it wasn't leaking. Might be best choice.

torch

Equipment
Jun 10, 2016
Muskoka, Ont.
That is certainly your best short-term choice. If you plan on keeping the Brand for a back-up, you can convert at your leisure.

Gruh6

Equipment
Aug 29, 2020
Thank you for all your time and knowledge. My choices have been narrowed, you confirmed my thoughts.
Remount the valve on its side, replace the valve with the correct configuration to start with or stick the old valve back on. Which at tjis time seems to make the most sense.
And since the whole mess started with the block valve being in the wrong position I guess the old valve was still working , it wasn't leaking. Might be best choice.
Oh , I think I get what you are saying, there is an lv60 plate that will covert the action of the valve as if it were mounted on the side. I will go back to hydraulic supply and see if the part is available, thanks for helping me through this. I will check with brand they seem like they will be very helpful.

Gruh6

Equipment
Aug 29, 2020
Oh , I think I get what you are saying, there is an lv60 plate that will covert the action of the valve as if it were mounted on the side. I will go back to hydraulic supply and see if the part is available, thanks for helping me through this. I will check with brand they seem like they will be very helpful.
In case anybody gets into this situation here is what I found out.
This is from Brand " The correct control valve is LV22TKRFA3BW , LV22TKSA3BW. They will attach all the necessary information to install it.
I was in contact with Eric from Brand.
The one I bought can't be configured to fit the 1640 front end loader.
The LV22RFSTKAB is designed to be mounted on the side with the hoses coming in from the side. My 1640 FEL has the FEL control valve mounted flat with the lift, drop ,curl ,dump, hoses coming in to the top of the valve.
Thanks for every ones help and extra thanks to Torch for holding my hand through this.
Old valve is back on and it is tired, it's a little slow, mushy, and sloppy, but it works.
After useing the new valve ,which was crisp ,fast, and tight. Kinda sad but like Dave said better be safe and smart then stubborn and sorry.
Gruh6

Gruh6

Equipment
Aug 29, 2020
Don't go running your loader with the controls working backwards.

In my earlier life I did accident investigations for Transport Canada.

One fatal accident involved a farmer who had his loader hoses reversed.

He was stacking large round hay bails for hours mentally adjusting for the reversed action.

Near the end of the day he reverted to the normal loader control movement. A large round bale rolled back from the elevated loader and pinned him in the seat until he suffocated to death.

Dave
I contacted Brand and Eric said that the valve I bought was wrong and can't be configured to work in my situation. So I put the old valve back on. Better to be safe,and smart then stubborn and sorry.
Thank you for your experiance, knowledge, and advice.
Gruh6

torch

Equipment
Jun 10, 2016
Muskoka, Ont.
E-bay the one you bought and then if you decide you need to change the original in the future, you now know which one to get.

If I'm decoding things right, the first one ( LV22TKRFA3BW ) gives you 4th position on both spools, so regen (ie fast dumping) and float capabilities.

Gruh6

Equipment
Aug 29, 2020
E-bay the one you bought and then if you decide you need to change the original in the future, you now know which one to get.

If I'm decoding things right, the first one ( LV22TKRFA3BW ) gives you 4th position on both spools, so regen (ie fast dumping) and float capabilities.
I just looked over all the paperwork that Eric sent me and to tell you the truth I have no idea what the heck it all means. I tried to find the LV22TKRFA3BW on line and I only find LV22RFSTKAB. So I looked over the info and I am not sure but I think he is saying use the same valve body and change out all the internal valves.
I think LV22 is the 2 spool valve body.
All the rest of the letters and numbers are the configuration. That is totally a guess though.

Gruh6

Equipment
Aug 29, 2020
I just looked over all the paperwork that Eric sent me and to tell you the truth I have no idea what the heck it all means. I tried to find the LV22TKRFA3BW on line and I only find LV22RFSTKAB. So I looked over the info and I am not sure but I think he is saying use the same valve body and change out all the internal valves.
I think LV22 is the 2 spool valve body.
All the rest of the letters and numbers are the configuration. That is totally a guess though.
As look back over the thread I see you had the correct valve picked out.
I guess I don't know or understand.
Is it a different valve body or just different guts.

torch

Equipment
Jun 10, 2016
Muskoka, Ont.
I think the valve body is basically the same from model to model. However, the spool valves that are installed in the bodies are different. And Brand says the spool valves can't be swapped around -- the bores are probably honed to be an exact fit for the particular spool.