FEL Loader Platform

dandeman

Equipment
BX2230, LA211 FEL, RCK60B Mower, GCK60BX Bagger; Ford 4000, bush hog, blade, etc
Aug 9, 2013
Chapel Hill, NC
www.dan-de-man.net
I built the platform shown below that bolts into the bucket of my Kubota 2230.

We are recarpeting the upstairs of our home and trying to move furniture downstairs is a real pain..

Since we have a sliding glass door on that level of the house, I'm using the platform raised up to the door and remove the furniture and store it in our basement while new carpeting is being installed.

It can also be turned up vertically to use as a work platform, handy especially to reach over shrubs and other obstacles close to the house.

It fits in the bucket sufficiently deep enough that one eye bolt on a bucket hook, once torqued down to the platform steel, locks it in place; can not rotate out in either direction.

Attachments

Last edited:

Billdog350

Equipment
Kubota L3710 HST,L2230A QT,forks,Takeuchi TB125, 60" Luck Now pto Snowblower
Jan 6, 2014
East Hampton, CT
Looks great! Nice clean design and weld job!

Keep in mind lifting high will increase risk of rollover, and the LA 211 is only rated to lift approx 464lbs at the pins...way less 4' out on the platform.

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
Looks nice. Saves a lot of work. Be safe with all that weight out there.

Isn't re-carpeting fun? It's like moving out and then back in, and you didn't go anywhere!! Just a practice drill for when you do move.:(

dandeman

Equipment
BX2230, LA211 FEL, RCK60B Mower, GCK60BX Bagger; Ford 4000, bush hog, blade, etc
Aug 9, 2013
Chapel Hill, NC
www.dan-de-man.net
Looks nice. Saves a lot of work. Be safe with all that weight out there.

Isn't re-carpeting fun? It's like moving out and then back in, and you didn't go anywhere!! Just a practice drill for when you do move.:(
Boy that is the truth and why we waited far longer than we should have to recarpet. Of course can't re carpet without re-painting, re-staining trim work, etc. etc... I'm a ham radio operator and one room has a large amount of feedlines, misc cables coming up through the floor which has to be pulled down and redone.

As you mention, any FEL operator quickly learns to be very careful with weight high up in the air... especially on a narrow track tractor like the 2230.

I do stay very conservative on the weight and tip the load back away from the house and lower it down before moving the tractor..

Got plenty of weight on the back end to keep those tires well planted since even 4 wheel tractors can behave like 3 wheel tractors since the front axle is a pivot mount.

I saw a friend of mine almost roll his tractor having too much load in the FEL, too high and the front axle started to pivot, lifting one of the rear tires off the ground.

Attachments

Last edited: