Exhaust manifold

jaware38

Equipment
G6200
Dec 30, 2018
Mooresville, nc
Hey guys, newbie here. I’m converting my g6200 into a mini dozer and was wondering which manifolds will fit my D640. I’m doing a turbo addition and was wondering if the rtv 900 manifolds would fit? It’ll give me the correct offset I need for the little gt1241. Thanks Jeremy

jaware38

Equipment
G6200
Dec 30, 2018
Mooresville, nc
Wow 68 views and nobody chimes in or even a hello or welcome to the forum? Thought this was the Kubota knowledge base. Guess I’ll take my questions and my project elsewhere and share it.

Fordtech86

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200
Aug 7, 2018
Pineville,LA
Wow 68 views and nobody chimes in or even a hello or welcome to the forum? Thought this was the Kubota knowledge base. Guess I’ll take my questions and my project elsewhere and share it.
Welcome to the ott. For what it’s worth at this point. I think you are asking for a lot from a group of very knowledgeable people but I don’t think there are many if any that have tried to turn a garden tractor into a mini dozer let alone turbo the tractor. I mean no disrespect, maybe hang out a little longer and see if somebody has some ideas.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Well you didn't ask a normal knowledge base question.
It's very hard to reverse engineer parts on Kubota's, especially a very old model that are 30+ years old.

There is also 21 different models of RTV900, so based on your complete broad reference to the RTV900 manifold it's hard to answer.

Some of us members that might know the answers to your questions, or be able to get you the right answers, don't respond well to rude. :mad:

So please by all means go somewhere else with your rude replies
and good luck finding your answer! ;)

dlundblad

Equipment
G5200, L2501, ZD1211
May 16, 2009
IN
Hey guys, newbie here. I’m converting my g6200 into a mini dozer and was wondering which manifolds will fit my D640. I’m doing a turbo addition and was wondering if the rtv 900 manifolds would fit? It’ll give me the correct offset I need for the little gt1241. Thanks Jeremy
Do you still have the deck related parts?

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
1979 B7100DT Gear, Nissan Hanix N150-2 Excavator
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
I have no experience with the machines you are asking about, so I could contribute nothing. Probably the same with many others.
I am dealing with caring for the wife's folks (87 & 89) so my time is seldom my own anymore, but perhaps I should have welcomed you. Welcome aboard.
Most of the time I can only scan the forum to find if anyone one has asked a question directly, or asked something in one of my areas of knowledge or experience. (both limited)
I have posted questions on forums for decades, and sometimes one must wait a long time for that one person familiar with your situation to find your question & contribute what they can.

motorhead

Equipment
2009 B3200, 2007 Dodge/Cummins powered Ram 2500 395hp
May 17, 2012
Atascadero
I have done many conversions on cars and motorcycles with factory parts from other models. My best recommendation is to first see which Kubota models use your same engine or look at as many different models that might have the manifold type you want and simply measure the studs on the head on your machine and see if they are the same on the manifold you want to use.
Just putting a turbocharger on your engine isn't going to work unless you can supply more fuel as the boost increases. Boost increase is dependent on more fuel. if you look at a diesel mercedes or 6bta Cummins in a dodge, there are fittings that go from the intake manifold to a diaphragm on the injection pump. As boost builds in the intake, the injection pump reads the boost and adds more fuel which helps to create more boost.

ONE Important thing also to realize is that the internals between a NA and turbo engine are different. Turbo engines have "heavier" design pistons and most have piston quenchers built into the crankcase that squirts oil up to the underside of the crown of the piston to keep it from melting. They usually have bigger oil pumps and connecting rods.
My 2007, 5.9 Cummins can generate 37 pounds of boost and not grenade because of the build of the internals. A Naturally Aspirated diesel, say an Old 7.3 Navistar in a Ford pickup, if you put a Banks system on it to add a turbo, they can only safely boost 5-7 psi or you risk engine melt down.
You will catch more FLYS with Honey than you will with Vinegar. don't take your marbles and go elsewhere as was said above. Just understand that the TRACTOR modifications are going to be a heck of a lot less than modifying cars or motorcycles.

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
Personally speaking I'd be real hesitant about putting a hair dryer on a 30 year old engine without a complete rebuild first.