Exercise after 60

Magicman

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4900 Utility Special 4WD e/w FEL & 1530 John Deere "Traveling Man"
Oct 8, 2019
Brookhaven, MS
knotholesawmill.com
Yup, but a grease fitting would not have saved me from a motorcycle wreck. That would have taken listening to my wife when I was 30 years old and "bullet proof".

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
Eating my daily ration of oatmeal right now. I have a bowl of oatmeal every day... Keeps the plumbing flowing. I need all the help I can get in as much as the plumbing is missing some pipes...

Just walked the big black dog his 3/4 mile poop walk. Nice being in the country, he can fertilize the roadside at his discretion.

Go under the knife on Thursday again. This time for my peepers. I really cannot see much, have chemo induced cataracts in both eyes which is why my spelling sucks, I cannot really see what I post right now...

Will be nice to be able to see again, doing everything by feel right now.

Sure is a pisser getting old if I don't say so myself but, at least modern medicine is there to fox things.

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Yep it is very sobering, when you figure out you aint 10 feet tall and bullet proof any more, by then it is usually to bloody late.

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
Oct 28, 2018
USA
Yep it is very sobering, when you figure out you aint 10 feet tall and bullet proof any more, by then it is usually to bloody late.
Not really. All it takes is high option hospitalization and the will to survive. I may look like a field dressed deer when I take my shirt off but I'm alive and at 70, I'm comfortable with that.

!0 years ago, I would have been deceased and my Kubota tractors and all the farming equipment would have been auctioned off and my wife a lot richer...lol

bearbait

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, 64" snowblower, 72" back blade
Dec 9, 2011
New Glasgow Canada
Well I'm not much of a sweet eater more of a meat a potato's man however the other day my buddies wife brought us a cherry cheese cake which I've never had the pleasure before so I felt obligated, didn't want to be rude. Should have called it cherry cheese cake crack. Found myself eating one piece and wanting to snort another.:eek:nothing should taste that good. Even found myself when we got to the 2 last pieces looking at each one to see which one was bigger. May have to go for counselling after that.

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
Oct 28, 2018
USA
Not into sweets myself. Do like M&M's though and a cup of hot cocoa every morning with my oatmeal, which I'm consuming right now.

Just got back from walking the pup his required 3/4 mile AM poop walk. He a;ways tells me when it's time for his morning and evening walk. Sit's next to me and puts his head in my lap and looks up to say... Time to go boss.

The he goes to the door and sits down while I put the choker collar on and off we go. I probaby don't need the cp0llar but he relates it to a walk. He never pulls or gets stupid. Just trots along and stops to smell new smells. Likes to smell where the deer have crossed the road during the night. Great nose he has.

Excuse my posting, I really cannot see much. Thursday I get a lens replacement in the left and hopefully 10 days after, the right.

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
Oct 28, 2018
USA
It's only too late when you get planted. I'm not anticipating that for the immediate future. I am certainly minding my wire though. Amazing how cancer makes you acutely aware of your mortality.

bearbait

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, 64" snowblower, 72" back blade
Dec 9, 2011
New Glasgow Canada
Not into sweets myself. Do like M&M's though and a cup of hot cocoa every morning with my oatmeal, which I'm consuming right now.

Just got back from walking the pup his required 3/4 mile AM poop walk. He a;ways tells me when it's time for his morning and evening walk. Sit's next to me and puts his head in my lap and looks up to say... Time to go boss.

The he goes to the door and sits down while I put the choker collar on and off we go. I probaby don't need the cp0llar but he relates it to a walk. He never pulls or gets stupid. Just trots along and stops to smell new smells. Likes to smell where the deer have crossed the road during the night. Great nose he has.

Excuse my posting, I really cannot see much. Thursday I get a lens replacement in the left and hopefully 10 days after, the right.
Pretty much a blizzard out there right now so no walk unless it stops later, until then watching IIHF world junior championship hockey.

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
Oct 28, 2018
USA
Nothing falling from the sky here (glad of that), just cold. Ground is bare and brown. Plow and blower are sitting in the side yard and have been since fall. No need for them to be on the M9. I find January through first of April to be depressing sort of, but then, right now I really cannot see much so even TV is pretty much out.

I have a ton of 'stuff' I need to get done but I cannot because they all involving being able tp see close and that right now is basically impossible/

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
Nothing falling from the sky here (glad of that), just cold. Ground is bare and brown. Plow and blower are sitting in the side yard and have been since fall. No need for them to be on the M9. I find January through first of April to be depressing sort of, but then, right now I really cannot see much so even TV is pretty much out.

I have a ton of 'stuff' I need to get done but I cannot because they all involving being able tp see close and that right now is basically impossible/
My grandmother had the cataract surgery and lense replacement back in the late 90's. It was a pretty straight forward surgery, minor recovery and a game changer for her.

Hers was a side effect of being a insulan dependent diabetic and not taking care of her sugars like she should.

I never forgot, and got the biggest chuckle when I stopped by to see her after her surgery. Mind you, this is the first time really seeing me in about 4 years. First thing out of her mouth was "Boy!!!! You sure need a hair cut!!!!!" :D :D

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk