EverythingMoneyAttachments. All the money up front?

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
The new EA Rake arrived in Orange. I was told to expect it sometime in April-May, so receiving it March 2 was quite a surprise.
WOW, I didn't know PA was a day ahead of the rest of the USA.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

ctfjr

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800HST
Dec 7, 2009
central ct
I almost ordered one last month. . . If I decide to go forward with one specific project I may spring for one. I don't know why but I'm getting picky on what I buy now :(
GL with it. Looks like a fine piece.

top gnome

Equipment
b2301 w bh fel grapple back blade snow plow forks
Dec 12, 2021
Fundy shore nova scotia
Hello, I can see how everyone likes the everything attachments wicked 55-in grapple. I'm just not liking the idea of paying everything up front and waiting 14 weeks. Wish the business model was you get charged when they ship the thing. Seems a little greedy and over the top but could be me. Land pride grapple is looking better
I cannot speak to the wicked grapple but it must be something special I like the land pride grapple is working great and seems pretty tough.
Hello, I can see how everyone likes the everything attachments wicked 55-in grapple. I'm just not liking the idea of paying everything up front and waiting 14 weeks. Wish the business model was you get charged when they ship the thing. Seems a little greedy and over the top but could be me. Land pride grapple is looking better
I did not read this whole thread but I do have the lands pride grapple. I do not think my tractor and loader can damage the grapple within any reasonable amount of work. And the grapple has already saved me a ton of work. I think the loader arms would be damaged before the grapple itself would be hurt. The wicked grapple might be all that but the lands pride grapple was in stock and delivered with my tractor.

Reactions: 1 user

Lonesouth

Nov 24, 2021
Tallahasee
I picked up my wicked grapple May 10, right at 5 months after ordering. Having used it now a handful of times, I have to say it the second best tool I own next to the loader bucket. Being able to pick up downed/cut trees without having to deal with chains is an enormous time and back saver. I wish I had bought one when I first got my acreage. Anyone who has a tractor and trees on their property could benefit.

I say back saver because I know me and I would often try to manhandle a log instead of hooking it up with a chain and moving it with the tractor. Worth every penny.

Outdrz

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901, 525 Loader, 2060 Cutter, EA Toothbar, EA Box Blade, JD Disc and more
Feb 20, 2021
Ohio
<snip>
I wish I had bought one when I first got my acreage. Anyone who has a tractor and trees on their property could benefit.
<snip>
Worth every penny.
Sure hope so! I have an EA Wicked 55 on order now. Delivery estimate is Aug 1.

Are you happy with the design change using the curved piece of AR450 on the bottom jaw? Are the welds clean?

DDCD

Equipment
1964 MF135, L2501
May 8, 2021
Oklahoma

Are you happy with the design change using the curved piece of AR450 on the bottom jaw? Are the welds clean?
I use the curved piece to hook my chain to the grapple for pulling logs I can't get to.

I know DOM is strong stuff but I wouldn't feel good about hooking a chain to it. I have no science or proof the back up that assumption. Maybe someone else does.

ejb11235

Equipment
BX23S, Braber BBR4G 4' Box Blade & LRM5G 5' landscape rake
Jan 20, 2022
Seattle, WA, USA
I'm glad I'm on the west coast ... shipping is probably prohibitively expensive so I don't have to worry about making a buy/no-buy decision with EA. I was agonizing about this when I was looking to buy a box blade.

Grindstone

Equipment
B2601, FEL, BH, MMM
Mar 10, 2022
CT
My pallets forks just shipped from when I ordered 3/28. Should be here by the 29th.

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
***Current*** M6060HDC, MX6000HSTC & GL7000 ***Sold*** MX6000HST & BX25TLB
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
I'm glad I'm on the west coast ... shipping is probably prohibitively expensive so I don't have to worry about making a buy/no-buy decision with EA. I was agonizing about this when I was looking to buy a box blade.
I've had three large EA implements shipped to me in Montana including a box blade, land leveler and grapple. The most expensive item to ship was the land leveler which cost $260 to Missoula which is 120 miles from me. Given the cost of the implement I didn't feel that $260 was that expensive.

ejb11235

Equipment
Jan 20, 2022
Seattle, WA, USA
I've had three large EA implements shipped to me in Montana including a box blade, land leveler and grapple. The most expensive item to ship was the land leveler which cost $260 to Missoula which is 120 miles from me. Given the cost of the implement I didn't feel that $260 was that expensive.
That really isn't that bad. Fortunately I found a local place that sells Braber equipment and I bought a box blade from them and am picking up a landscape rake tomorrow. I do like not having to wait around. But for something like lightweight pallet forks or a grapple, it's good to know that I shouldn't just cross EA off the list without actually checking with them.

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
***Current*** M6060HDC, MX6000HSTC & GL7000 ***Sold*** MX6000HST & BX25TLB
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
That really isn't that bad. Fortunately I found a local place that sells Braber equipment and I bought a box blade from them and am picking up a landscape rake tomorrow. I do like not having to wait around. But for something like lightweight pallet forks or a grapple, it's good to know that I shouldn't just cross EA off the list without actually checking with them.
EA will try to figure out the cheapest way to get the implement to you. They gave me a couple of options for the land leveler. The grapple and box blade shipped to the FedEx depot 10 miles from my house for under $200 each. The land leveler must be sized such that it jumps into a higher category and so it was worth shipping it to Missoula even with the cost of 1/2 a tank of fuel for the 240 mile roundtrip. If I ever buy a disc harrow I can't imagine what shipping will be, even to Missoula.

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
I believe that your "probably expensive" assumption is somewhat incorrect.
As I understand it, the EA additional shipping charge to CA. is actually a very nominal amount.

ejb11235

Equipment
Jan 20, 2022
Seattle, WA, USA
I believe that your "probably expensive" assumption is somewhat incorrect.
As I understand it, the EA additional shipping charge to CA. is actually a very nominal amount.
Next time I'm ready to buy an implement, I'll check EA and get the info.

rc51stierhoff

Equipment
B2650, MX6000, (BX sold)
Sep 13, 2021
Ohio
I’ve picked up only 2 EA implements and some miscellaneous parts. I think they have a very good product and reputation. From my dealings their customer support is very helpful. I’ve called them prior to any of my purchases. They have gone out to shop taken pics and measurements and generally very friendly. Also they have confirmed inventory and and guesstimate on wait time. Yes I paid in advance, however they also did not change the price as I bet their raw materials price could have increased during that wait time. I’ll take pay now and no price change later any day in this current economy. I am fortunate in my location but there ship charges are minimal. One of my implements came UPS vs other that came as drop ship freight. Their ship/freight normally gets to a terminal but you still have a delivery to a remote location that is not covered…it’s not much and more convenient for me than to drive an hour wait and receive and drive an hour home. It’s just not free…but I am not aware of a better option. I think look at what you get though…in terms of raw material (weight/heft) it’s an easy comparison by weight to a competitor product. I think for what you get they are very competitive. I certainly can not source small scale material quantity to build or have a friend build it for the purchased / delivered price when the labor is free. Stop by your local steel supplier and see what prices are on fractional sheets. And I believe their stuff it is much stouter than some other competitor brands.

Lonesouth

Nov 24, 2021
Tallahasee

When I first saw it, I thought I had bent it on my first use and was ticked off. Then I realized it was designed that way. I can't say that I've seen any benefit to the angled teeth.