EverythingMoneyAttachments. All the money up front?

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
So Yesterday I finally pulled the plug. I called to order a box blade.
After speaking with Travis I ordered the 60” for my LX 3310 with 1.5 inch spacers on each side.
Ballpark is 5 months!
I told him that I will be calling in a month or two to order a Wickeder 55” grapple and that I would need approval from the finance department.
Travis mentioned the 6% increase coming January 2nd.
I decided to save that 150 bucks or so and said it’s easier to ask for forgiveness than permission and added it to the order.
We own a self storage facility and was going to have the tractor there with forks after the snowblower comes off in the spring. Since we are not on site all day, the shipping Company charges over a hundred bucks to make a phone call an hour before arrival or even to give a ballpark time. That does seem like BS as I do this all the time and I live 10 minutes from the site.
I asked who and where and it turns out shipper is about 20 minutes from me.
I told him that I can pick it up to save that.
When it gets closer I may just call and tell them I will pay for the hundred dollar phone call and have it delivered to the storage facility.
Can you just track the shipment yourself, and when seeing it about to arrive at the trucking warehouse, just call that trucking warehouse for deliver to a nearby business, where someone is always available during business hours.

Reactions: 1 user

jkrez

Equipment
Gr2120, LX3310, bh77 hoe, 64 inch commercial snow blower, landpride pallet forks
Apr 16, 2021
Berks County PA
Can you just track the shipment yourself, and when seeing it about to arrive at the trucking warehouse, just call that trucking warehouse for deliver to a nearby business, where someone is always available during business hours.
I am a nearby business. I am available during business hours I just don’t sit in the office all day. If I knew the day I probably could find maintenance things to do around the facility, but if I am inside the climate control building I wouldn’t hear them anyway and would still need a phone call. I can see the gate from the office but other areas aren’t so visible. I can drive 20 minutes. Just stinks that a lousy phone call would cost 110 bucks. Every other delivery I get they will call from stop before me.

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
I am a nearby business. I am available during business hours I just don’t sit in the office all day. If I knew the day I probably could find maintenance things to do around the facility, but if I am inside the climate control building I wouldn’t hear them anyway and would still need a phone call. I can see the gate from the office but other areas aren’t so visible. I can drive 20 minutes. Just stinks that a lousy phone call would cost 110 bucks. Every other delivery I get they will call from stop before me.
Can't you just track the shipment to find out what day it will arrive at the local truckers warehouse?
Then YOU call THEM to find out when THEY expect to deliver?
I did exactly that, and it worked out just fine for me.
No fee was added!

jkrez

Equipment
Gr2120, LX3310, bh77 hoe, 64 inch commercial snow blower, landpride pallet forks
Apr 16, 2021
Berks County PA
Can't you just track the shipment to find out what day it will arrive at the local truckers warehouse?
Then YOU call THEM to find out when THEY expect to deliver?
I did exactly that, and it worked out just fine for me.
No fee was added!
I certainly think I could try that.

Jasper2018

Equipment
Kubota L3130. LA723 FEL, L3901 HST, LA525, bush hog rotary cutter,
May 25, 2021
Florida
Called EA to see on grappler I ordered back in June. Now #24 on list of over 550.
Should be in transit to me next week.
They are working on wicked 55's this week.

ibbuckhunter

Equipment
MX6000
Dec 20, 2021
Has anyone purchased a wicked toothbar bucket? It's about double the cost of the toothbar by itself. My main mission is digging sod and moving dirt/gravel. I'm just wondering if it would be worth it to have the OEM bucket with a clean edge for back dragging? Or am I overcomplicating things and the toothbar will be fine? EA bucket is hardox bla bla but I'm not sure it would make that much difference for me since I'm not on a construction site.
No answers yet? Im wondering the same. I ordered my new MX6000. Debating on spending the $669 on a OEM Light duty bucket or get the EA Wicked toothbar bucket. I sure liked having a tooth bucket on my skidsteer for digging holes. I could back drag that bucket in 3/4" gravel and make a driveway smooth and flat as the teeth were not below the bucket edge.

DDCD

Equipment
1964 MF135, L2501
May 8, 2021
Oklahoma
No answers yet? Im wondering the same. I ordered my new MX6000. Debating on spending the $669 on a OEM Light duty bucket or get the EA Wicked toothbar bucket. I sure liked having a tooth bucket on my skidsteer for digging holes. I could back drag that bucket in 3/4" gravel and make a driveway smooth and flat as the teeth were not below the bucket edge.
If I were doing it again I would've skipped the oem bucket and had the tractor delivered with pallet forks only. There is a huge % cubic feet capacity increase compared to my tiny oem bucket. This size increase may not be the same for the MX buckets. I also don't care what color the bucket is but I know some people like everything orange.

I ordered a tooth bar because I want to do some winter time projects and didn't want to wait 5 months again. Tooth bars are 4 or 5 weeks, they say. Probably because they are cut on a machine and have minimal labor.

Jasper2018

Equipment
May 25, 2021
Florida
I have a 72" wicked bucket on order. My original bucket is in need of replacement. I found that the Wicked bucket was near the same cost as getting a OEM replacement bucket and adding a wicked toothbar.
My bucket should be here in February.
Did find out I'm #14 out of 561 for my grapple. There doing a run off 100 grapples now. Ordered 7/6

DDCD

Equipment
1964 MF135, L2501
May 8, 2021
Oklahoma
My tooth bar shipped after 26 days including the holidays. I wanted the bucket but didn't want to wait.

I figure the wait for anything EA right now is well past 6 months due to the huge order influx before the price increase. I hope the new factory building cuts down on some lead times by summer.

Jasper2018

Equipment
May 25, 2021
Florida
Finally my "wicked 55" has shipped!!
6 months from day ordered. I need a couple other attachments but going to look around as EA has such a long lead time.

Lonesouth

Nov 24, 2021
Tallahasee
55" wicked root grapple ordered today. Hoping to just forget about it till it ships. Figure if I order now, I may have it for hurricane season.

MapleLeafFarmer

Equipment
Lots incl. B and L kubotas
Dec 2, 2019
E.
55" wicked root grapple ordered today. Hoping to just forget about it till it ships. Figure if I order now, I may have it for hurricane season.
I have one of these, use it alot more than I ever thought and it sure makes quick work of a lot of stuff around my place. No regrets or complaints here after many many years of use. I would highly recommend and heck I seem to get someone wanting to buy it from me every month or so for more than I paid for the darn thing. I think I am going on almost 10 years with mine and still looks and works great!

originally I bought it to use on a B2620 (pin on which was a real pain to mount). Ended up cutting off mounting tabs and welded a QA plate to the back and use it on a L3301. Sure don't miss the pin on mounts which I had them custom add at the factory when I ordered (haha)

jyoutz

Equipment
MX6000 HST open station, FEL, 6’ cutter, forks, 8’ rear blade, 7’ cultivator
Jan 14, 2019
Edgewood, New Mexico
I ordered a Fred Cain cultivator from EA on December 30. I received a call from the FedEx freight depot today that it has arrived.

DDCD

Equipment
1964 MF135, L2501
May 8, 2021
Oklahoma
Thought I would be smart and make a two post outdoor stand for my grapple. Old oilfield pipe, one bag of concrete, and a piece of 100 year old wood from an old bridge. It works...but I definitely underestimated hydraulics and their ability to knock a post loose. Did it on the first try. Oh well I'm only out $5.

Attachments

Reactions: 5 users

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
***Current*** M6060HDC, MX6000HSTC & GL7000 ***Sold*** MX6000HST & BX25TLB
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
Just got the email my box blade will ship today. Ordered 9/29/21.
Despite the long lead times and pay up front policy, there's no doubt that EA makes quality implements. The box blade is really stout and I'm sure you'll put it to good use. :) Here's mine.

mx_ea_box_blade_01.jpg

mx_ea_box_blade_02.jpg

Matt Ellerbee

Lifetime Member

Equipment
MX6000
Jun 27, 2019
Canton, Georgia
Despite the long lead times and pay up front policy, there's no doubt that EA makes quality implements. The box blade is really stout and I'm sure you'll put it to good use. :) Here's mine.

View attachment 73608

View attachment 73609
Yep. I am over the complaining about everything EA. Been lurking on the FB group, a guy had bought a twin lid grapple used, it was 10+ years old. Travis sent him some replacement updated parts, no cost. They’ve even replaced busted hoses. If EA has an attachment I’m looking for, I’m clicking buy.

Sure the wait sucks, hopefully with the new building that will drop some. It’s the customer service I’m impressed with. Travis and even Ted are very active answering questions on FB.

Reactions: 3 users

dirtydeed

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650 BH77, U27-4R2, BX23TLBM, box blade, rear blade, flail mower, Stump Grinder
Dec 8, 2017
Wind Gap, PA
Not sure what all the fuss is about? I placed my order last week and it arrived today...

The rake, on the other hand, is 4 months out. :( But, it should arrive in a fresh coat of Orange paint. (y)
Ok, I got a notice that my Landscape rake shipped out today. Not sure what's going on but it should be in next week. Hopefully, it's what I had ordered. I was told to expect it sometime around April- May?

Reactions: 1 users

dirtydeed

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650 BH77, U27-4R2, BX23TLBM, box blade, rear blade, flail mower, Stump Grinder
Dec 8, 2017
Wind Gap, PA
The new EA Rake arrived in Orange. I was told to expect it sometime in April-May, so receiving it March 1 was quite a surprise.

I still have to untangle it from its shipping configuration. Appears to be a heavy, well made unit. The gauge wheels are enormous. I had thought about removing them, but on second thought, I think they will stay permanently attached. I think it's going to be quite a bit longer in length than I had anticipated.

Here's a few pics before I get it all scratched up and dirty.

EA Rake 1.JPG

EA Rake 2.JPG

EA Rake 3.JPG

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 6 users