EverythingMoneyAttachments. All the money up front?

Elliott in GA

Equipment
LX 2610SU w/535,LP RCR1860,FDR1660,SGC0554,FSP500, DD BBX60005
Mar 10, 2021
North Georgia
I’ve got nothing against EA…despite their higher-than-ordinary-pricing….or the apparent fact they can’t afford to buy materials up-front or pay their help on time …or whatever their problem is with operating-capital.

And….I will use nothing-but EA…. just as soon as they ship it to my house first…and free…. and then be willing to wait 16 weeks for my payment.
So, you are saying that you will be a Homestead Implements customer - with their free shipping and 0% financing for 3, 6 or 12 months. :LOL:

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users

OntheRidge

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L47 TLB, Homestead 55" grapple, LP 1684 rear blade, WR Long 84" snowplow
Nov 1, 2020
Well here is something to consider - Homestead Implements.
It appears their prices and materials are the same as EA.

Homestead Implements is a small American company making their products in the US, and they are: averaging about 10 weeks to delivery, offer free delivery to your door and offer 0% financing to qualified buyers on items over $500 (the opposite of paying in-full up front).

FWIW, their grapples do not have hose loops protruding from the chases; they use angled fittings like Land Pride - no chafing, no getting snagged.
I have a box blade from Homestead, fantastic quality, and just ordered a grapple. Shipping date Aug 30th, ish. BTW, they offer a 10% military discount.

Reactions: 1 user

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
***Current*** M6060HDC, MX6000HSTC & GL7000 ***Sold*** MX6000HST & BX25TLB
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
I’ve got nothing against EA…despite their higher-than-ordinary-pricing…
Could you provide some actual comparisons that take material type, thickness, weight, design, function and durability into account to show the "higher than ordinary pricing" since clearly that's code for EA is overpriced and customers aren't getting value for money.

While you're at it, why don't you and GreensvilleJay make up a decision matrix that teaches the rest of us what to buy, when to buy it, and how to pay for it since we're obviously unable to do that for ourselves.

Last edited:
  • Haha

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
I received a call from FedEx this afternoon that my grapple is ready to be picked up so I'll be over there tomorrow at 9am to get it. I'll be sure to post photos of my "higher than ordinary priced" grapple once I have it home.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

Motronic

Equipment
B2650, Z421
Jun 3, 2021
PA
Lately this thread seems to be turning into people who seem to value the brand more than the tool. That's unfortunate.

I've go not horse in this race. I've bought a bunch from EA, I like their service, do not mind their money first policy even if I can get different elsewhere and I've been generally happy with their stuff. I've also been happy with Land Pride and I bet I'd be happy with Homestead too.

Once you get down to making a detail matrix for what is basically (quality) commodity equipment you're just trying to justify the money you've already spent. Get over it. Whatever you chose to buy is probably just fine.

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
Sure it's easy enough to create a 'matrix' for the purchase of an item, I did those using Visicalc, though I bet most have never heard of it, let alone use it.....
Hopefully, whatever you choose will do the job at a price you can afford. I do suggest at least looking and comparing similar equipment from several manufacturers and vendors. Perhaps you can get the same tool from a 2nd vendor, 6 weeks earlier but will cost shipping. Now you'll have to decide if getting it early is better than saving the shipping costs. Some projects are 'time sensitive', like planting crops or building a house. YOU have to weigh the options, but the more information you have, the better the decision you'll be able to make.

B737

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX3310
Jun 9, 2019
New Jersey
Cursory google search you'll find a thread about a grapple that went back to homestead for repair. Have never read that about EA.

Additionally, Feb 2021:
Link
...originally placed an order with Homestead for their 72" and ended up canceling the order.... I ordered a 60" from EA. Thicker steel, bottom tines are thicker/stronger, the entire grapple is made from AR450 steel and DOM tubing, which is entirely stronger than Homestead. Also having the 3rd hinge and all pivot points are serviceable (able to be grease). I also wasn't too keen on the fact Homestead is using clevis and lynch pins because assembly is "easier", from what I was told... When you're spending $2k-$3k on something, what's another $600 is what I figured

DDCD

Equipment
1964 MF135, L2501
May 8, 2021
Oklahoma
I received a call from FedEx this afternoon that my grapple is ready to be picked up so I'll be over there tomorrow at 9am to get it. I'll be sure to post photos of my "higher than ordinary priced" grapple once I have it home.
How many weeks? I have grapple envy. I can pretend i wouldn't go out until it's cold and no bugs. But if i had it now i would be putting some hours on.

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4700DT, LA1002FEL, Ferguson5-8B Compactor-Roller, 10KDumpTrailer, RTV-X900
May 18, 2018
Texas
Could you provide some actual comparisons that take material type, thickness, weight, design, function and durability into account to show the "higher than ordinary pricing" since clearly that's code for EA is overpriced and customers aren't getting value for money.

While you're at it, why don't you and GreensvilleJay make up a decision matrix that teaches the rest of us what to buy, when to buy it, and how to pay for it since we're obviously unable to do that for ourselves.
EA has no monopoly on good design… Several excellent comparative products are available…some even better IMO….and they are “In Stock, Ready to Immediately Ship“ when paid for.
And their “free shipping” doesn’t work for me since I’m just-outside their 1000 mile shipping limit…. but they won’t refund or deduct the value of that first 1000 miles they have built-in to their prices.
I didn’t tell you what to do with Your Money…. I just said what I do with mine.

Last edited:

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
EA has no monopoly on good design… Several excellent comparative products are available…some even better IMO….and they are “In Stock, Ready to Immediately Ship“ when paid for.
And their “free shipping” doesn’t work for me since I’m just-outside their 1000 mile shipping limit…. but they won’t refund or deduct the value of that first 1000 miles they have built-in to their prices.
I didn’t tell you what to do with Your Money…. I just said what I do with mine.
So again, you're not providing any actual examples as a comparison that demonstrate another product's superior design, features or construction. Does EA make the best grapple out there? I have no idea. But when I compared numerous grapples I came to the conclusion that the size, weight, materials and design would work for me. I live way outside the 1,000 free shipping radius but even with shipping I was ok with the price given the features.

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
How many weeks? I have grapple envy. I can pretend i wouldn't go out until it's cold and no bugs. But if i had it now i would be putting some hours on.
See my post above ... ordered 2/24 and picking up tomorrow 7/1.

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 18, 2018
Texas
So again, you're not providing any actual examples as a comparison that demonstrate another product's superior design, features or construction. Does EA make the best grapple out there? I have no idea. But when I compared numerous grapples I came to the conclusion that the size, weight, materials and design would work for me. I live way outside the 1,000 free shipping radius but even with shipping I was ok with the price given the features.
You are delusional…. I have no obligation to SELL someone’s product…that’s the obligation of the mfr’r … and I have NO obligation to prove any mfr’s specs of products I buy to YOU. Get a grip.

• Dislike

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
You are delusional…. I have no obligation to SELL someone’s product…that’s the obligation of the mfr’r … and I have NO obligation to prove any mfr’s specs of products I buy to YOU. Get a grip.
Delusional? I haven't tried to convince anyone of anything, simply providing a timeline of what I ordered, when I ordered it and when it arrives. On the other hand you make comments like ...

" Several excellent comparative products are available…some even better IMO….and they are “In Stock, Ready to Immediately Ship“ when paid for. "

The fact that you can't or won't offer an example shows that you're full of it. You're just hot air and all opinion but everything's bigger and better in Texas right.

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 18, 2018
Texas
The fact that you can't or won't offer an example shows that you're full of it. You're just hot air and all opinion but everything's bigger and better in Texas right.
You are emotionally over-invested in this idea and hopefully have someone who will help you.
Have a nice day.

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
I picked up the Wicked 60 this morning after almost going home with a Prime Attachments 74" clam grapple and set of pallet forks!

Here's the Wicked 60 and timeline update. Just waiting on the tooth bar now.

ORDERED 2/24 - EA 60" Wicked Root Rake Grapple ETA-60-WRRG > $2,860 shipped to NW MT (DELIVERED 7/1)
ORDERED 3/3
- V2.0 84" Category I/II Severe XTreme Duty Box blade ETA-CATI-II-XDBBV2-84 > $2,101 shipped to NW MT (DELIVERED 5/5)
ORDERED 5/12 - EA 72" Wicked Tooth Bar ETA-WTB-72 > $522.75 shipped to NW MT

ea_wicked_60_01.jpg

ea_wicked_60_02.jpg

ea_wicked_60_04.jpg

Reactions: 4 users

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
Notice that the grapple is the "old" style that uses DOM on the lid rather than a folded piece of Hardox. My first impression is that the welds, and there are lots, are excellent. There are gussets everywhere which I like and I counted five zirk fittings too. As others have pointed out, the house routing could be better but I have a good idea as to how I'll make that to my liking. All in all, based on what I've seen so far this is a good grapple that has a high strength to weight ratio.

ea_wicked_60_03.jpg

ea_wicked_60_05.jpg

ea_wicked_60_06.jpg

ea_wicked_60_07.jpg

ea_wicked_60_08.jpg

Reactions: 3 users

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
And the hoses.

ea_wicked_60_09.jpg

ea_wicked_60_10.jpg

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
People often talk about the quality of attachments. When I got to FedEx this morning and told the guy on the forklift that I was here to pick up a grapple, he bought out a pallet with a grapple and a set of pallet forks on it. After my initial reaction of "that grapple is WAY bigger than I though it would be" I realized that I was looking at a dual lid model. Both the grapple and pallet forks were made by Prime Attachments. I didn't get to inspect the grapple but after the forklift operator had put the pallet back on the rack I took a quick look at the pallet forks. Stitch welds and no paint! (See bottom photo). Not a good start, but the grapple looked good from a distance if nothing else.

prime_grapple_01.jpg

prime_grapple_02.jpg

prime_grapple_04.jpg

prime_grapple_03.jpg

Elliott in GA

Equipment
LX 2610SU w/535,LP RCR1860,FDR1660,SGC0554,FSP500, DD BBX60005
Mar 10, 2021
North Georgia
First, I am sure that it is a good grapple that will serve you well to your enjoyment; it certainly looks good and stout. You are pleased, and that is all that really matters.

However, I still do not understand EA's hose routing, and I know EA says: no one has had a problem and they will stand behind it if there is a problem. But, this is a known issue (the Dave Knows How video is several years old). Relying on the inner high strength sheath (burst protection) of the hydraulic hose to protect the hose from chafing is much less than best practices. Additionally, EA could easily solve the issue by using angled fittings -like other manufacturers. My LP Grapple is very well made, stronger than it needs to be and has angled fittings to ensure the hoses are protected and not strained. I really like my LP grapple, but my enthusiasm would be tempered if I had to modify it to correct a known issue.

This post is not meant as an EA is bad post - they are not, but it is a post asking the question - why not address this issue?

Again, good luck with your new, cool grapple.

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
However, I still do not understand EA's hose routing .... this is a known issue .... why not address this issue?
I agree with you 100%. It's a simple fix and they should resolve it. Even if no one has lost a hose as a result of the routing, why risk it when the solution is obvious, simple and cheap. I'll be doing some preventative maintenance on the grapple. No doubt I'll be getting more grief for saying that.