EverythingMoneyAttachments. All the money up front?

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
re: It sounds like you're the type of person that only buys something the moment you need it. You don't seem to be able to understand the concept that some people are able to think ahead
No, but my neighbour needed help ASAP, so I bodged a grapple, got him happy, so he could make HIS customers happy.... HE couldn't wait 16 hrs ,let alone 16 weeks....
I fully understand 'thinking ahead'... Bought house in 84, paid off the mortgage ,2 1/2 years later even though 'invest in mutual funds' was the mantra back then....hmm, let's see, toss 100K into MFs, that could fail, then I've lost the 100K AND now bank wants house as I can't pay the mortgage..... my 'thinking ahead' allowed me to keep my house, lots of others didn't....
I'm nearing 70 and have been retired for just over 1/2 my life, 'thinking ahead' has allowed me to help family, friends and neighbours and of course stockpile materials and tools for 'rainy day ' projects.
I just find it interesting that some don't have a problem with paying 100% up front with no guarrentee they'll ever see the product and I'd still like to know if those who buy trucks ,cars, new home builds HAVE paid in full , up front.

Jchonline

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L6060, KX040-4, M7060, RTV X1100C, M62 (sold)
Oct 28, 2018
Red Feather Lakes, CO
It sounds like you're the type of person that only buys something the moment you need it. You don't seem to be able to understand the concept that some people are able to think ahead and order an implement or tool that will be useful in the future. I bought an expensive mag drill a few weeks ago along with quite a few accessories with the idea of using it on various projects I have planned. It's been sitting on my welding bench from day one and I've yet to cut a hole with it and might not for weeks or months.
Or you might not ever use it, then sell it for a loss.

"....with the idea of using it" ...... I would be curious to know if you have tools sitting in the garage that have never been used.

Are you thinking ahead or just wasting your money? There is always a balance. 16 weeks is quite a long time.

Jchonline

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Oct 28, 2018
Red Feather Lakes, CO
I gotta laugh at all the concerns brought up about EA's business model as if a person has no other options but to buckle under and purchase from them under their terms. I bet EA is laughing as well. They couldn't buy this kind of international advertising that gets renewed almost every day!

Like P. T. Barnum said, "I don't give a damn what you say about me, just make sure you spell my name right!" :LOL:

as in: everythingattachents.com
Laugh all you want. We are all consumers and our money talks. If enough people have an issue with it, they will change or go bankrupt. If enough are fine with giving them money up front they can keep doing what they are doing. However stop trying to silence people that are bringing it up. It is reasonable to ask questions and challenge a business model in the US.

bird dogger

Vendor Member

Equipment
Kubota B2650 and lots of other equipment
Feb 24, 2019
North Dakota
Laugh all you want. We are all consumers and our money talks. If enough people have an issue with it, they will change or go bankrupt. If enough are fine with giving them money up front they can keep doing what they are doing. However stop trying to silence people that are bringing it up. It is reasonable to ask questions and challenge a business model in the US.
Sorry if you took my post wrong. I don't think I chose any "side" with it. It was just an observation that all the talk of EA's business model ...... whether you're for or against it ...... is pure advertising for them! Just as ol' PT Barnum was the master of PR for his circus. Whether you liked how he ran it, treated his animals or performers..... or not. Every time his name was put into print, he considered it a feather in his hat cuz people heard his name.

Only time will tell if EA sticks around or not. I am happy with their product, happy with their service. At the time I bought if I could have found something better, or cheaper and of the same quality with a faster delivery time it wouldn't have bothered me to choose that option.

You mentioned people "wasting their money" : We all get to choose how we spend our own money, at least for the most part. Peoples wants and needs are all different. To me....a set of golf clubs would be a total waste of money, as would a $5K rifle to make a once a year Alaskan hunting trip. There's all kinds of things I would call a waste of money for my purposes only. But it doesn't leave a sour taste in my mouth that other's enjoy spending their money on the things they like. If they like those things its far from being a waste of money to them. And I would never tell them they are wasting their money. And vice versa. I spend my money and time doing things others might question. But to me, it's certainly not a waste.

Again, my original post was an observation that came to mind regarding Barnum's PR practice which was any news good or bad was fine with him as long as they spelled his name right.

Edit: I added an addendum to my former post explaining that "all" meant both sides of the ongoing discussion. Just so there's no more confusion.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
***Current*** M6060HDC, MX6000HSTC & GL7000 ***Sold*** MX6000HST & BX25TLB
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
Or you might not ever use it, then sell it for a loss.

"....with the idea of using it" ...... I would be curious to know if you have tools sitting in the garage that have never been used.

Are you thinking ahead or just wasting your money? There is always a balance. 16 weeks is quite a long time.
What I spend my money on, and whether I use the things I buy is no one's business but my own. If I decide to pay for something up front that's my choice that I don't have to justify to anyone.

That said, I have quite a lot of tools including welding machines, plasma, drill presses, and lots of hand tools and specialty automotive tools and use them all. I just spent a few hours this afternoon using plasma, grinders, the drill press, punches, hammers etc., making up brackets to support lights on the MX. I'll use the mag drill a lot once I get going on projects that require it e.g. the custom grill guard I've started working on.

As for the grapple, I used the one I bought for the BX and will use the one for the MX even more. I could never pick up big rocks with the LP 48" grapple on the BX but the MX will handle most with ease. I have trees down and some winters use the grapple to hold large logs off the ground to make it easier to cut them up into smaller logs that I split for the wood burning stove.

Last edited:

DDCD

Equipment
1964 MF135, L2501
May 8, 2021
Oklahoma
I'm 4 weeks into a probable 16 week wait for my grapple. Even longer for my top n tilt. If i order tractor parts online and they take 6 weeks to arrive, I still have to pay up front. I'm fine with it.

I invest in mutual funds also.

Reactions: 2 users

Jchonline

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Oct 28, 2018
Red Feather Lakes, CO
I'm 4 weeks into a probable 16 week wait for my grapple. Even longer for my top n tilt. If i order tractor parts online and they take 6 weeks to arrive, I still have to pay up front. I'm fine with it.

I invest in mutual funds also.
Mutual funds? You get the full advantage of the fund the moment you buy it. You start accruing interest and capital gains the moment you buy it. Sure you can hold on to it, but you take delivery and own it when the money changes hands. If this was meant to be a comparison to EA, it is a poor one. If I misinterpreted your comment I apologize.

DDCD

Equipment
1964 MF135, L2501
May 8, 2021
Oklahoma
Mutual funds? You get the full advantage of the fund the moment you buy it. You start accruing interest and capital gains the moment you buy it. Sure you can hold on to it, but you take delivery and own it when the money changes hands. If this was meant to be a comparison to EA, it is a poor one.
Obviously you missed the joke - the post above referencing mutual funds and paying stuff off.

I find it hilarious the hate for EA on here. If you don't like it, don't buy it!

• Haha

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
I just find it interesting that some don't have a problem with paying 100% up front with no guarrentee they'll ever see the product and I'd still like to know if those who buy trucks ,cars, new home builds HAVE paid in full , up front.
That's a bunch of crap. You don't actually care about anyone on this forum. What you do care about is your ego and the belief that every decision you've ever made was the best decision anyone could make, and that your choices make you better than those around you. This thread gives you a platform with which your are trying to elevate yourself. Ask yourself why. We're not living in your house rent free all the while spending money on superfluous, consumer based junk so why do you really care? It's called ego.

Many of us here are not thrilled about the wait, realize that there are other options, understand what's involved before placing an order, and are not concerned about any financial risks because we're working with a company with a proven track record. Why anyone would keep coming back to this thread to lecture members about how stupid they are, how they don't need something if they don't need it today, how they shouldn't buy something if it isn't going to be used to the point of needing to be replaced etc., is past the point of being ridiculous.

You're not a financial advisor or a wife and have no financial stake in how members spend money here so it's time to put your ego back in the box and get off the bus.

Reactions: 5 users

greg86z28

Equipment
B2601
May 17, 2020
South Central Wisconsin
This thread is crazy and getting overly personal for I don't get why.

Most purchases in life that average people make don't require you to put your money at risk. EA has the better end of the deal here with their business model and it does not favor their customers.

It is what it is. If you are capable of risking 2-3k with likely zero way of getting it back, that's no big deal. I'm doing it now. I decided I liked their product and was willing to take the financial risk.

Reactions: 1 users

jimh406

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L2501 with R4 tires
Jan 29, 2021
Western MT
I’m sure lots of minds have been changed by comments in this thread. ;)

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users

Matt Ellerbee

Lifetime Member

Equipment
MX6000
Jun 27, 2019
Canton, Georgia
I’m sure lots of minds have been changed by comments in this thread. ;)
Yep. Canceled my order of 60” grapple and tooth bar because of it. This company obviously can’t be trusted... And I like to let others from the interwebs tell me how to spend my money.

• Haha

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
Yep. Canceled my order of 60” grapple and tooth bar because of it. This company obviously can’t be trusted... And I like to let others from the interwebs tell me how to spend my money.
LOL! 😂 I wonder if anyone has recognized the error of their ways and cancelled an order after reading this thread, or even decided to order or buy a different brand on principle if nothing else. I ordered an EA grapple and box blade before this thread started, and the wicked tooth bar despite this thread. I've never had my IQ tested but it's probably really low.

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users

Matt Ellerbee

Lifetime Member

Equipment
MX6000
Jun 27, 2019
Canton, Georgia
LOL! 😂 I wonder if anyone has recognized the error of their ways and cancelled an order after reading this thread, or even decided to order or buy a different brand. I ordered the grapple and box blade before this thread started, and the wicked tooth bar despite this thread.
If they did cancel, that puts us closer to getting our stuff!

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
  • Haha

bird dogger

Vendor Member

Equipment
Feb 24, 2019
North Dakota
Excellent point ... I hadn't thought of that! Keep up the hate folks! :unsure:
Yup, P.T. Barnum was exactly right! Any news good or bad was great PR as long as they got the name right! People remember the name long after the conversations associated with it. :LOL:

Elliott in GA

Equipment
LX 2610SU w/535,LP RCR1860,FDR1660,SGC0554,FSP500, DD BBX60005
Mar 10, 2021
North Georgia
Well here is something to consider - Homestead Implements.
It appears their prices and materials are the same as EA.

Homestead Implements is a small American company making their products in the US, and they are: averaging about 10 weeks to delivery, offer free delivery to your door and offer 0% financing to qualified buyers on items over $500 (the opposite of paying in-full up front).

FWIW, their grapples do not have hose loops protruding from the chases; they use angled fittings like Land Pride - no chafing, no getting snagged.

bird dogger

Vendor Member

Equipment
Feb 24, 2019
North Dakota
Well here is something to consider - Homestead Implements.
It appears their prices and materials are the same as EA.

Homestead Implements is a small American company making their products in the US, and they are: averaging about 10 weeks to delivery, offer free delivery to your door and offer 0% financing to qualified buyers on items over $500 (the opposite of paying in-full up front).

FWIW, their grapples do not have hose loops protruding from the chases; they use angled fittings like Land Pride - no chafing, no getting snagged.
Gosh! Those are nice looking grapples!! Especially with the built in "Self Standing" feature. That would be a big plus when you're able to park it on a hard surface. If I had known about them at the time I purchased mine.....it would've been a very difficult decision. Here's a link to their website for convenience: Root Grapple Pinnacle Series - Homestead Implements

RE hose loops not protruding: Homesteads picture shows this...
Homestead Pinnacle Grapple_LI.jpg
But a small protruding hose on any brand seems pretty minor when the actual "hook up" hoses dangle loose all over the place once the grapple is installed. I have to be more watchful of them versus the actual routing of the grapple cylinder hoses. Which is especially true when your backing up while working in the brush with your loader down low.

Homestead might give EA a run for their money on grapple sales when people start finding them. I looked all over when I researched and never found them for some reason. Thanks for the posting!!
I really like their built in parking feature!!
Regards,
David

Edit: It doesn't appear their pivot pins are greaseable which would've been nice to see. Bummer.

Last edited:

Elliott in GA

Equipment
LX 2610SU w/535,LP RCR1860,FDR1660,SGC0554,FSP500, DD BBX60005
Mar 10, 2021
North Georgia
Gosh! Those are nice looking grapples!! Especially with the built in "Self Standing" feature. That would be a big plus when you're able to park it on a hard surface. If I had known about them at the time I purchased mine.....it would've been a very difficult decision. Here's a link to their website for convenience: Root Grapple Pinnacle Series - Homestead Implements

RE hose loops not protruding: Homesteads picture shows this...
View attachment 61902
But a small protruding hose on any brand seems pretty minor when the actual "hook up" hoses dangle loose all over the place once the grapple is installed. I have to be more watchful of them versus the actual routing of the grapple cylinder hoses. Which is especially true when your backing up while working in the brush with your loader down low.

Homestead might give EA a run for their money on grapple sales when people start finding them. I looked all over when I researched and never found them for some reason. Thanks for the posting!!
I really like their built in parking feature!!
Regards,
Davoid

Edit: It doesn't appear their pivot pins are greaseable which would've been nice to see. Bummer.
Regarding the hydraulic hose loops, you might need to confirm (based on model or newer make). I was looking at this photo:
Sub-Compact Tractor Grapple Independence Series

1624302499554.png

jimh406

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L2501 with R4 tires
Jan 29, 2021
Western MT
Homestead, temporarily shipping in 10 weeks for what I looked at … that’s not much better than EA.