Everything Attachments WOW!!!

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
***Current*** M6060HDC, MX6000HSTC & GL7000 ***Sold*** MX6000HST & BX25TLB
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
You should start a company and show EA how it’s done.
Basically what I said in the EA thread.

@GreensvilleJay, show us some photos of your grapples that you can make in 8 hours along with pricing including shipping so that others here have another option. I already have my Wicked 60 grapple so I won't be ordering anything from you, not even a sticker, but hey, others might be interested.

Reactions: 1 users

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
at 68 and retired for 30+ years, I don't need to start another company. frankly don't need the money.
as for making grapples, using today's tools of cameras, computers and CNC machines, anyone can 'reverse engineer' something as simple as a grapple. Once the pix are in the computer, custom software figures out all dimensions of the pieces, nesting is done, CNC makes the parts. A few custom jigs to hold stuff, welds done, inspected, off to paint booth, then assemble the hydraulics(cylinders and hoses). The more you make, the easier you can see ways to streamline the process, balance inventory, etc.
as for pricing, 15% over cost of manufacture is what I used to charge, no need to be greedy.

Skyskier

Equipment
Kubota L 3560, front bucket, ganon box w ripper's, an a 6 ft landscape rake
Aug 27, 2021
Winchester California
Maybe they can't hire anyone cause your 'free cheeses' programs are paying people waaay too much to just sit around ??
Don't understand the high price for steel either. Hmmm , if there's a high demand for a product,normally mfrs go into 'high gear' and fulfill customers orders.
On the other side of the road.... I can buy 2by4 x 8s at Homedepot now for $4.78 ! Still >$10 at Turkstar and Lowes though .....
I was at tractor supply in Murrieta CA yesterday, I bought a 6ft Landscape rake , had to go back today, $750.00 an it does NOT come with all the pins, picked those up, an a few other things, EVERY aisle I went down had two "we are hiring " signs posted, one on each end of the aisle...........

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
I think you need start thinking of a new mantra GreensvilleJay. That program is set to expire in a week.
How about "Everything is better in Canada" ... oh yeah, but when the border's open they can't seem to stay out of MT.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user

Superjet511

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L2501 LA525 FEL
Sep 15, 2020
Chelsea Mi
Let’s face it, the consumer market is a mess. If you want something, you’re probably gonna have to wait….and be disappointed with inaccurate lead times. Sorry. It’s frustrating as heck and everyone has a right to vent.
However, to expect a different outcome in this environment, is crazy!

I’ve been waiting for my new SuperDuty truck since April. Ford told the dealer it was supposed to go into production next Monday. Yet, it hasn’t been scheduled and I still don’t have a VIN #. Oh well. There’s a chip shortage, labor shortage, material shortage, logistics issues, etc…
My new truck will get here when it gets here…and I’ll be happy when it does.

If you really really need something, buy it second hand because what ever it is…it’s available now.

Mike
I have you beat! Been waiting for my superduty since March 20th. Received an email a couple weeks ago that said it was scheduled to be built week of September 6. Just got an update that it is pushed back a week.

Forget about used trucks. They are now much MORE than new. A dealer by me has one listed identical to the '22I ordered but with the smaller V8. 5 years old and 43k miles. Asking 15k more than my '22. Unreal.

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Been waiting for my superduty since March 20th. Received an email a couple weeks ago that said it was scheduled to be built week of September 6. Just got an update that it is pushed back a week.

Forget about used trucks. They are now much MORE than new. A dealer by me has one listed identical to the '22I ordered but with the smaller V8. 5 years old and 43k miles. Asking 15k more than my '22. Unreal.
Geez - - - so glad we're not looking to replace any vehicles here right now....

ranger danger

Equipment
Kubota M6060, MEB 802A tactically quiet generator
Jun 11, 2017
East of Placerville Ca
I ordered a grapple from EA on April 12. I got an email from Cole at EA today saying the grapple is being prepared for shipping today, Aug 30. Thats 20 weeks. Since I'm almost exactly on the opposite side of the country, ill probably get it in about 10 days.

MattN03

Equipment
2011 B3200, LA504 FEL w/B2366 SSQA conversion, BH76 BH, EA Wicked 55
Sep 5, 2016
KY
I ordered a grapple from EA on April 12. I got an email from Cole at EA today saying the grapple is being prepared for shipping today, Aug 30. Thats 20 weeks. Since I'm almost exactly on the opposite side of the country, ill probably get it in about 10 days.
Did you order a Wicked 55 SSQA?

ranger danger

Equipment
Kubota M6060, MEB 802A tactically quiet generator
Jun 11, 2017
East of Placerville Ca
Well, it finally arrived Sept. 14. 22 weeks in total. I was able to pick it up after 2pm. Drove 1.25 hours, got it loaded, drove 1.25 hours home. Unpacked it, and went to get the tractor to hook it up. Tractor went into its first regen at 30 hours! While waiting for the regen, I went and got the grease gun and started greasing. After the first zerk, I ran out of grease. Refilled the grease gun, greased the rest of the fittings and the tractor as well. Tractor finished regen so I hooked up the grapple. Open and closed it 2-3 times and then went to pick up my first pile and the wife rang the dinner bell ( you don't ignore the dinner bell!!!). Well I guess today is a new day.

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users

Matt Ellerbee

Lifetime Member

Equipment
MX6000
Jun 27, 2019
Canton, Georgia
Well, it finally arrived Sept. 14. 22 weeks in total. I was able to pick it up after 2pm. Drove 1.25 hours, got it loaded, drove 1.25 hours home. Unpacked it, and went to get the tractor to hook it up. Tractor went into its first regen at 30 hours! While waiting for the regen, I went and got the grease gun and started greasing. After the first zerk, I ran out of grease. Refilled the grease gun, greased the rest of the fittings and the tractor as well. Tractor finished regen so I hooked up the grapple. Open and closed it 2-3 times and then went to pick up my first pile and the wife rang the dinner bell ( you don't ignore the dinner bell!!!). Well I guess today is a new day.
Glad this thread has came full circle. Enjoy, should be next month for me... hopefully.

ctfjr

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800HST
Dec 7, 2009
central ct
I'm still waiting :( It shipped on 9/1 - It's been sitting in a terminal in CT since last Friday. Going to a business address so I don't know what the problem is but 2 weeks from NC to CT . . .

243ackley

Oct 8, 2017
Birmingham Alabama
I ordered a couple of suppressors from Thunderbeast Arms yesterday and they won't be built until March or April of next year. They're just small titanium tubes but that's how far out these things are. I have an FFL 07/02 and SOT so the waiting period is only a few weeks once TBAC submits the Form 3 to the ATF, but for non SOTs the wait will be 18 to 20 months in all.
once you have waited on form 4’s, you have a different level of patience. I don’t get as worried about delivery dates any more. I order what I want and as long as your are doing business with good people the rest will take care of itself.

thunderbeast makes great products.

B737

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX3310
Jun 9, 2019
New Jersey
I'm still waiting :( It shipped on 9/1 - It's been sitting in a terminal in CT since last Friday. Going to a business address so I don't know what the problem is but 2 weeks from NC to CT . . .
geez can you call the terminal and tell them to hold it in CT so you can go pick it up with your truck? ive done that before and gotten the destination fee reimbursed, sometimes not. either way, it may be a faster way to get your grapple. ur new lawn came out awesome btw.

Last edited:

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
geez can you call the terminal and tell them to hold it CT so you can go pick it up with your truck? ive done that before and gotten the destination fee reimbursed, sometimes not. either way, it may be a faster way to get your grapple. ur new lawn came out awesome btw.
FedEx is having a lot of problems at the moment and supposedly are not able to find enough drivers. Everything that has come via FedEx in the last month or so has been late, and packages are taking weird routes to get from A to B. Even overnight packages are not showing up the next day.

UPS seems to be doing ok though.

Jasper2018

Equipment
Kubota L3130. LA723 FEL, L3901 HST, LA525, bush hog rotary cutter,
May 25, 2021
Florida
Toothbar arrived today. Ordered on 8/9, better delivery time than expected.
Now if the Wicked Grapple would arrive, still 4-5 weeks out.

BruceP

Equipment
G5200H
Aug 7, 2016
Richmond, Vermont, USA
Availability of EVERYTHING is strained right now. I have heard stories of no spare parts available for nearly every type of equipment and vehicle. (Cattarpillar, Kubota, Ford, GM, Cummins, Air conditioners...etc )

There is something deeper going on beyond the 'chip shortage', 'shipping container shortage' or 'employee shortages'.

Small buisness is suffering the worst. As they continue to shutter their shops, I see no recovery for them.

I see no mention of these issues from our elected officials.... not sure if they are ignoring it or hiding it from us. I fear it will get far worse before it gets better.

buckle up... it will be a rough ride for several years.

ctfjr

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800HST
Dec 7, 2009
central ct
I finally found a local number for the YRC terminal. The 'nationwide' peeps were pretty useless.
The lady I spoke to got hold of the terminal manager. They are going to strip that trailer tonight and it will be delivered tomorrow to one of the branches of the company I work for. The branch mgr offered to drop it off here with one of their pickups but I'm going there with my son & his truck to get it.