Everything Attachments - Bankrupt?

tractorguy32

Feb 8, 2024
Newton
So I found out Ted is once again answering the phone when you call EA. When asked why they were closed for a week, he claimed they were doing inventory and dealing with some employee issues. The reality is they don't have any inventory other than what little remains in the building, nor do they have the ability to manufacture more as all office staff and warehouse personnel have been terminated. If you call there, ask to speak to any one of the salesmen/office employees and I assure you, only Ted and maybe Nate will be willing to speak with you. To those doubters who live around Conover, I recommend you drive by and see for yourself.

EDIT AS OF 1:52PM) So a handful of the employees have indeed been called back, however the majority of the employees let go have either found new jobs or have no interest in working for Ted again. There may be some folks in the building as soon as today/tomorrow, but there lead time will increase even more with bare bones production crew.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users

Jim’sMX

Equipment
MX5100
Dec 19, 2023
W-S NC
Jeremy P from sales has yet to respond to my email. Ted has not responded to my voicemails, but maybe he’s busy working his way through them.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Hey maybe they are moving into their new building! :rolleyes:

I think what bothers me is that, EA still have the website up looking like business as usual, leaving unsuspecting people to purchase something that more than likely will never come to be.
If that is what is going on then EA and it's management needs to see the inside of a courtroom ASAP!

Reactions: 1 user

Runs With Scissors

Equipment
L2501 TLB , Grappel, Brush Hog, Box Blade, Ballast box, Forks, Tiller, PH digger
Jan 25, 2023
Michigan
but there lead time will increase even more with bare bones production crew.

If that's true, then I bet the "new longer lead times" will go over with his customers, about as well as, a fart in church..... 😂

MOD EDIT: Leave the political out of this thread!

Last edited by a moderator:

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
I just received an email from Messick's Equipment. They have a yard full of grapples and they show pictures of them!!! They are in stock.

tractorguy32

Feb 8, 2024
Newton
Jeremy P from sales has yet to respond to my email. Ted has not responded to my voicemails, but maybe he’s busy working his way through them.
They let go of Rusty in October, Jeremy in November, Travis in December, and Rick when they shut down at the beginning of February.

Jim’sMX

Equipment
MX5100
Dec 19, 2023
W-S NC
I just received an email from Messick's Equipment. They have a yard full of grapples and they show pictures of them!!! They are in stock.
Mt Airy equipment quoted me $3500 for a grapple when I bought my tractor. I assume it was for a LP grapple, but way more than I was willing to add to the tractor price. I saw the stacks of grapple crates as I drove around their lot.

Jchonline

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L6060, KX040-4, M7060, RTV X1100C, M62 (sold)
Oct 28, 2018
Red Feather Lakes, CO
Ya so did I. Impeccable timing. What a marketing dept.

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
Messick's is....a FIRST CLASS business !

Last edited:

Plant 175

Equipment
Kubota Sidekick
Jun 3, 2021
Wisconsin
They let go of Rusty in October, Jeremy in November, Travis in December, and Rick when they shut down at the beginning of February.
Ask him how Peanut is doing ? Maybe he’s in charge of washing the windows on that lake home instead of driving tractor 🤷🏻‍♂️

MountainMeadows

Equipment
L2501, JD 655, Ford 841, JD 6x4 Gator, Gravely 432.
Jun 6, 2022
Poconos, PA
I haven't read all the posts but just in case this hasn't been shared it's from 3 days ago.

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
SO yinz are still beating this dead horse huh?

Chad D.

Sep 21, 2019
Eugene
SO yinz are still beating this dead horse huh?
Fair to assume it’ll continue till the last person gets their money back or Ted issues a formal and personal apology to each member. Also, that one fella still didn’t post his paystub. Some other dude is pretty sure that he needs to do that I think.

In all seriousness, I hope people get their money back and just move on. We’ll likely never know the entire story, and nothing positive will come from speculating and bitching. If someone couldn’t see any risk with the full payment upfront, then I hope they have learned something. But not as much as I hope they get their money back.

DVR

Premium Member

Equipment
Kubota MX5400, L3560LE, L3301. KX033-4
May 8, 2020
Columbia, SC
Is the company operated as an LLC?
Is the house in his wife's name or a trust?
These things are seldom "unplanned" and exit strategies are often in place to retain wealth.

Hope all those who are out money are made whole.

I had considered some EA items but sending full payment in advance never felt right.

The Evil Twin

Equipment
L2501, LA526,
Jul 19, 2022
Virginia
I had considered some EA items but sending full payment in advance never felt right.
That's the way I feel about Homestead now, too. Really like the design of their rakes, but can't see forking out full pop and waiting. Sucks, because I feel they and EA have superior designs to the others.