Electrical Outlet in Ultracab 2

broadtimber

Equipment
M5-111
Jan 14, 2022
Georgia
Some examples would be a work light, an electric/hydraulic unit to power dumping trailer.

Some seed planting implements.

Dave
Does this plug type have a name that would be meaningful to purchase lights? What’s it called - thank you for your trouble here.

Tx Jim

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M7040 HDC-1,JD 4255,Ford 6700
Apr 30, 2013
Coyote Flats,Texas
I've heard that electrical outlet referred to as a convenience outlet utilized on larger tractors to power monitors for balers/planters

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
That second outlet is SCARY !!!
You should never,EVER have LIVE pins exposed, EVER !!!
If it is as it appears, a LOT of people at Kubota need to be fired

whitetiger

Staff member

Equipment
Kubota tech..BX2370, RCK60, B7100HST, RTV900 w plow, Ford 1100 FWA
Nov 20, 2011
Kansas City, KS
The accessory plug is not a Kubota-designed thing, it has been used in its present form for over 30 years all across the industry by all manufacturers for over 30 years. The pins are recessed in the housing and there is a cap that screws onto the mounted socket when it's not in use.

Reactions: 1 user

mikester

Equipment
M59 TLB
Oct 21, 2017
Canada
www.divergentstuff.ca
The sky is falling!

If it's under 90V there's nothing to get overly excited about. Haven't you ever looked at a trailer connector? Pins are exposed there too. I guess you need to fire every automotive and truck and trailer person as well.

1642251553648.jpeg

Reactions: 1 users

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
re: If it's under 90V there's nothing to get overly excited about.
I know a guy who lost his wedding ring finger when the band 'crossed' 12v power PINS. Turns out gold is a real good conductor of power and heat.

Yes, I thought about the trailer plugs, but at least today ,all pins are dead unless key is in truck.
It looked like the original connector's pins are real close to the outside of the case unlike the trailer stuff which is deeply recessed.

mikester

Equipment
M59 TLB
Oct 21, 2017
Canada
www.divergentstuff.ca
re: If it's under 90V there's nothing to get overly excited about.
I know a guy who lost his wedding ring finger when the band 'crossed' 12v power PINS. Turns out gold is a real good conductor of power and heat.

Yes, I thought about the trailer plugs, but at least today ,all pins are dead unless key is in truck.
It looked like the original connector's pins are real close to the outside of the case unlike the trailer stuff which is deeply recessed.
I also know a guy with only 4 fingers on one hand. Put his hand on the rail of the pickup truck bed and jumped off...left the finger and ring in the truck bed.

I don't wear rings, jewelry or watches while working anymore.

DustyRusty

Equipment
BX23S
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
Anyone that works on mechanical machinery is a foolish idiot to wear any jewelry when working on machinery, because of the possibility of getting it caught on the machine, even if the machine is not in operation. The same goes for electricians because of the same thing that happened to your friend. I can count on one hand the times that I have worn my wedding band in the past 50 years. It bothered my wife in the beginning, but after explaining the reasoning she now understands.