Electric Car in your future?

Oil pan 4

Equipment
L185 turbo
Sep 21, 2017
NM
If I disassemble my leaf battery pack I could get around $1,000 for all the battery modules selling them on ebay. But Nissan leaf packs are made to be disassembled, repaired, "ect".
Throwing it in a river would be a waste. I don't know how other batteries are assembled. They may not be intended to be taken apart at all.

ItBmine

Equipment
B2620, RTV-X1100C
Jan 21, 2014
Canada
Electric car or truck in my future? No, not ever. Nor hydrogen, natural gas, none of that BS. I don't care how much I have to pay for fuel.
And when the gov makes it so I can no longer buy gas or diesel that will be the day I exit the world because there will be nothing left here to interest me.
They already destroyed the diesel engine. Thankfully there is still old stuff and deletes so I can have engines that run properly.

Only viable solution is renewable soy based fuel and corn based gas. But it's apparent they don't want us to have that either right now.

• Sad
Reactions: 1 user

ItBmine

Equipment
B2620, RTV-X1100C
Jan 21, 2014
Canada
Luckily I'm in the mining industry, so I can continue to make stupid amounts of money mining your battery minerals so I can afford to buy fuel, LOL

• Love

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
all 'crop grown' fuels are NOT sustainable. there isn't enough viable land on the planet to produce 'gas for cars' even if 100% of the land was used for corn. We'd also die from starvation...(minor side effect )

Oil pan 4

Equipment
L185 turbo
Sep 21, 2017
NM
Electric car or truck in my future? No, not ever. Nor hydrogen, natural gas, none of that BS. I don't care how much I have to pay for fuel.
And when the gov makes it so I can no longer buy gas or diesel that will be the day I exit the world because there will be nothing left here to interest me.
They already destroyed the diesel engine. Thankfully there is still old stuff and deletes so I can have engines that run properly.

Only viable solution is renewable soy based fuel and corn based gas. But it's apparent they don't want us to have that either right now.
Never say never. Back around 2010 I had memorized all the relevant technical specifications of the Nissan leaf to trash talk it. Now I have one.
Everything I trashed got fixed remarkably quick.
Yes and hydrogen is stupid. First problem is all the hydrogen stations are in California.
Right now hydrogen costs $15 per KG at retail fueling locations.
According to Toyota their hydrogen car gets between 50 and 70 miles per KG of hydrogen. Based on my observations I bet that's 70 miles in the city and 50 on the highway. So operating costs are between 21 and 30 cents a mile. That sucks.
Bio fuels won't work either.
I used to live in Franklin county Virginia and I worked in the moonshine industry in the mid 1990s. In Virginia a good year we would get up to 100 bushels of corn per acre. 2.5 gallons of alcohol per bushel. That would need a lot of acres. In the US cars racked up 3.2 trillion miles in 2022. If those cars all got 30mpg (gas) it would take 128 billion gallons of alcohol if those cars got 25mpg on the sauce.
That's over 51 billion bushels.
World average is 85 bushels per acres. So that would take 600 million acres. The total land area is 2.4 billion acres. That would be 1/4 the total land area of the US.

Last edited:

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
that 28% is about the same as the 'government controlled' land. so people would have to relocate to the 1/2 that's left..... AND just WHAT land do you grow crops and animals for the people ????

Oil pan 4

Equipment
L185 turbo
Sep 21, 2017
NM
that 28% is about the same as the 'government controlled' land. so people would have to relocate to the 1/2 that's left..... AND just WHAT land do you grow crops and animals for the people ????
Yeah exactly. It would be exactly like chinas "great leap forward" they attempted in the 1950s.