ECU Fuse Blows

OrangeOne

Equipment
Mar 23, 2024
Estes Park CO
Howdy,

I just found this site and thought I would see if anyone else has had this problem. I purchased a new LX3310HSDC in November. It has a two year warranty so I should be covered. I am a mechanic and can generally fix anything but do not plan on diving into this unless I have to. I purchased the LX2980 snow blower with this tractor along with various other fun implements. My primary use of the tractor is snow removal from my 3 acre mountain property. Last week we got 48+ inches of snow and at the 36 inch accumulation point I went out and began clearing the snow. After about 3 hours of perfect performance the tractor suddenly died. I discovered that the KEY fuse had blown so I replaced it and the tractor worked for about 30 more minutes and died again but this time I had information on the dash display. I checked fuses and found that the ECU fuse had blown. I replaced it and again got about 20-30 minutes of good use before it blew the same fuse. Now it blows almost immediately and I have inspected all wiring bundles from the ECU to everything with no issues found. Has anyone heard of any similar issues in late model Kubota's?

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
Somehow you are pulling too many sustained amps. IF you have checked the wiring - there must be a dead short somewhere..

First - when your tractor is running - what is the voltage at the battery? I would hope it would be 14 ish.

SO - if the tractor is not running - disconnect the leads to the battery - trace the ground strap to the frame/engine - remove that too. Clean them bright and make em tight.

The ECU is a grounded too? Has it got wet somehow?

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Send it to the dealer, way too many variables!

Reactions: 1 user

OrangeOne

Equipment
Mar 23, 2024
Estes Park CO
Somehow you are pulling too many sustained amps. IF you have checked the wiring - there must be a dead short somewhere..

First - when your tractor is running - what is the voltage at the battery? I would hope it would be 14 ish.

SO - if the tractor is not running - disconnect the leads to the battery - trace the ground strap to the frame/engine - remove that too. Clean them bright and make em tight.

The ECU is a grounded too? Has it got wet somehow?
The ECU has not been compromised and everything looks good. I did have a hydraulic leak from a fitting that the selling dealer did not properly tighten. I ended up filling the system (with Kubota fluid) over full...there is a fine line between full and overfull on these small tractors! I doubt this could be the problem. Today I was able to the tractor run for 30 minutes at idle, I raised and lowered the hydraulics and operated every electrical device with no issues. I yanked and pulled on all wire harnesses to see if I could get the engine to die and it did not. As soon as I began moving the tractor, it popped the fuse. BTW, the fuse is a 10 amp and I installed a 20 amp fuse just to see what happened...it also popped immediately as soon as I tried to move the tractor.

I guess I will be shoveling a lot of snow by hand tomorrow:(

whitetiger

Staff member

Equipment
Kubota tech..BX2370, RCK60, B7100HST, RTV900 w plow, Ford 1100 FWA
Nov 20, 2011
Kansas City, KS
Unplug the wire harness from the Hydrostat pedal safety switch, put a jumper wire in the harness connector and you will probably not blow any more fuses. It is not uncommon for the safety switch to fail and short to ground when operating the hydro.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
The ECU has not been compromised and everything looks good. I did have a hydraulic leak from a fitting that the selling dealer did not properly tighten. I ended up filling the system (with Kubota fluid) over full...there is a fine line between full and overfull on these small tractors! I doubt this could be the problem. Today I was able to the tractor run for 30 minutes at idle, I raised and lowered the hydraulics and operated every electrical device with no issues. I yanked and pulled on all wire harnesses to see if I could get the engine to die and it did not. As soon as I began moving the tractor, it popped the fuse. BTW, the fuse is a 10 amp and I installed a 20 amp fuse just to see what happened...it also popped immediately as soon as I tried to move the tractor.

I guess I will be shoveling a lot of snow by hand tomorrow:(
Sounds like and issue with the HST switch.

EDIT: YEA what @whitetiger said! 😁 ;)

Vince1230

Equipment
Bx2370
May 13, 2022
Honey Grove,Pa
I would be careful using larger fuse. It alloiwed to draw mire amps more damage coukd result. Not good if wires start to melt.