Dumb question, but I'm going to ask it anyway

schmellba99

Equipment
L3800
Jun 4, 2012
Texas
What is the difference between a LA514 and a LA555 quick attach? On the Kubota website, both are listed for the LA524 loader. The 514 is significantly cheaper than the 555 (roughly 60% of the price), which I'm very interested in that aspect.

Looks like the LA514 has a pipe welded between the brackets and the LA555 has more steel, is that really it? Or is there something else I'm not seeing? Because if that's the only issue...it's a no brainer for me. I can add a lot of steel for $400 if I need to.

Dave_eng

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M7040, Nuffield 465
Oct 6, 2012
Williamstown Ontario Canada
I don't know the answer, but it might be in the valving for the loader. Best to ask your dealer.
After a quick on line look this is what is see........... Double check my comments before buying.
The answer lies in the ease with which the 555 can be removed and re-installed.
Here is a picture of the 555 removed.
forum LA555 photo.jpg

The vertical part of the loader frame easily comes off the on tractor hardware.
The LA514 is much more difficult to remove and the two lift arm cylinders are just flopping around once their pins are removed

forum LA514.jpg

In my experience having lived with the old style for many years before moving up to quick attach, spend the money now and you wont regret it over the many years of owning this tractor.

Dave

Matt Ellerbee

Lifetime Member

Equipment
MX6000
Jun 27, 2019
Canton, Georgia
After a quick on line look this is what is see........... Double check my comments before buying.
The answer lies in the ease with which the 555 can be removed and re-installed.
Here is a picture of the 555 removed.
View attachment 87450
The vertical part of the loader frame easily comes off the on tractor hardware.
The LA514 is much more difficult to remove and the two lift arm cylinders are just flopping around once their pins are removed

View attachment 87451
In my experience having lived with the old style for many years before moving up to quick attach, spend the money now and you wont regret it over the many years of owning this tractor.

Dave
You sure about that Dave?
Screenshot 2022-09-21 074911.png

This looks pretty quick attachy to me.

I wonder if it has anything to do with 2 or 4 wheel drive, which loader gets installed?

DustyRusty

Equipment
BX23S
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
OK.. I will take another stab at an off-the-cuff answer. One has a pin on bucket and the other is a detachable bucket. Do they put more grease fittings on one vs the other? Thicker steel in the bucket? I just don't have a clue, because I am not a Kubota Salesman, and I didn't stay at the Holiday Inn last night. :)

Dustyx2

Equipment
BX22, M7060, Landpride RC-2512, Woodmax SB84
Feb 19, 2021
NE Wyoming
I think he is just asking about the skid steer quick attach. They look the same to me just looking at the attached pictures.

Reactions: 1 user

schmellba99

Equipment
L3800
Jun 4, 2012
Texas
Ok, let me rephrase. There are two types of SSQA front attachments - one is part number 7J290-36100 (which I have seen also referred to as the LA555 or L2217), it is the SSQA for the bucket and implements. It has a square tube welded between the SSQA plates and levers at the top.

The other is part number 7J273-36100 (which I have also seen referred to as LA514 or L2216). It is the SSQA for the bucket and implements, but instead of a square tube welded at the top, it has a pipe welded between a little further back and towards the middle.

Both come up under the LA524 loader parts drawing on kubotausa.com parts website. Drawings Here

One is significantly more expensive than the other, assume that is because it was possibly redesigned?

schmellba99

Equipment
L3800
Jun 4, 2012
Texas
I think he is just asking about the skid steer quick attach. They look the same to me just looking at the attached pictures.
This. Two different part numbers in the drawings. One is about 2x the cost of the other, curious as to why and if they are the same. If it's a case of one has been re-designed to beef it up over the other, i'll go with the cheaper and add some support members myself.

Dustyx2

Equipment
Feb 19, 2021
NE Wyoming
This. Two different part numbers in the drawings. One is about 2x the cost of the other, curious as to why and if they are the same. If it's a case of one has been re-designed to beef it up over the other, i'll go with the cheaper and add some support members myself.
You're link requires a user name and password so I looked up the part numbers at Messick's. They don't have a drawing but it indicates that the 7J290-36100 replaces the 7J273-36100 so it is an updated part.
I expect the original was too weak if the new part # is heavier and more $$$. It would be nice to see them side by side to see where and how they beefed it up.

schmellba99

Equipment
L3800
Jun 4, 2012
Texas
You're link requires a user name and password so I looked up the part numbers at Messick's. They don't have a drawing but it indicates that the 7J290-36100 replaces the 7J273-36100 so it is an updated part.
I expect the original was too weak if the new part # is heavier and more $$$. It would be nice to see them side by side to see where and how they beefed it up.
Only difference that I can see is the size and location of the brace between the two plates. Just want to make sure that's it before I drop a few hundred bucks on something, that's all.

Attachments

Dustyx2

Equipment
Feb 19, 2021
NE Wyoming
Only difference that I can see is the size and location of the brace between the two plates. Just want to make sure that's it before I drop a few hundred bucks on something, that's all.
Looks like they have addressed the issue of twisted frames that happens when one lock pin isn't engaged properly. I would probably opt for the heavier duty one if you are using a grapple or are going to use it hard.

ken erickson

Equipment
B7100 hst, 2650 front mount snowblower, L2501 hst qa loader
Nov 21, 2010
Waupaca Wisconsin
Looks like better quality release handles on the unit with the square tubing cross brace also.

schmellba99

Equipment
L3800
Jun 4, 2012
Texas
Looks like they have addressed the issue of twisted frames that happens when one lock pin isn't engaged properly. I would probably opt for the heavier duty one if you are using a grapple or are going to use it hard.
That's what I thought. But I can add additional bracing for a hell of a lot cheaper than the cost difference between the two. *Maybe, depends on shipping costs

Dustyx2

Equipment
Feb 19, 2021
NE Wyoming
That's what I thought. But I can add additional bracing for a hell of a lot cheaper than the cost difference between the two. *Maybe, depends on shipping costs
And the value of your time. The "wings" are wider on the revised part so they had more to weld the square tube to. Obviously it's up to you which way you go.