Dug big hole with MX5100

BenRich

Equipment
BX1870D w/FEL, Land Pride FDR1648 Mower, Land Pride RBO560 Scrape Blade
helomech - I haven't commented thus far but am following your work here. This sort of thing both fascinates and encourages me. I retired in 2009 and have been slowly trying to get my three and a half acres to the point where my wife and I can eat nourishing food we grow rather than the non-nourishing food we can buy. I'm fortunate in that we live quite close to a retired farmer who farmed his whole life organically and he loves to help.

So please keep posting as you make progress and thanks.

Ben

cabu

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kuno B1-15 (B1502DT)
May 24, 2009
Germany, Oyten
Hello my friend,

have you finished the welding of your greenhouse? Looks really dangerous on the ladder.
Maybe you have new pictures? :)

carl

helomech

Apr 15, 2011
East Texas
Hello my friend,

have you finished the welding of your greenhouse? Looks really dangerous on the ladder.
Maybe you have new pictures? :)

carl
No, had a job change and a cut in pay. So need to see how my finances are going to be now. I am still with the same company, but they did away with my offshore position, and the bonus for being on that job. Hoping to figure things out soon and see what I can do.

cabu

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kuno B1-15 (B1502DT)
May 24, 2009
Germany, Oyten
No, had a job change and a cut in pay. So need to see how my finances are going to be now. I am still with the same company, but they did away with my offshore position, and the bonus for being on that job. Hoping to figure things out soon and see what I can do.
Sorry to hear that.
I have the same risc with my field service. Every trip of 4 weeks is double income that month. Every time I hang out in the office makes me crazy... :eek:

Hope you get yourself offshore again!!

carl

helomech

Apr 15, 2011
East Texas
Sorry to hear that.
I have the same risc with my field service. Every trip of 4 weeks is double income that month. Every time I hang out in the office makes me crazy... :eek:

Hope you get yourself offshore again!!

carl
No more offshore jobs, they are all gone. I lost about 15k a year, but looking into going to Africa, and will make some real money there. Almost double what I make here.

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Remember they don't like little white kids in some part of Africa,, just sayin

cabu

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kuno B1-15 (B1502DT)
May 24, 2009
Germany, Oyten
... looking into going to Africa...
:eek: :eek: :eek:

What about your project?

Will you make a break every month and fly back home?

Have you done that before? I lived for 18 month in Malaysia and it is a big deal to live in a totally different culture.

What kind of job you are talking about? Maybe I join... :D

carl

helomech

Apr 15, 2011
East Texas
:eek: :eek: :eek:

What about your project?

Will you make a break every month and fly back home?

Have you done that before? I lived for 18 month in Malaysia and it is a big deal to live in a totally different culture.

What kind of job you are talking about? Maybe I join... :D

carl

My greenhouse is on hold for now. If I go to Africa it would be 42 days there, then 42 days home. It is a job with the same company I am with now, just a different location. So still working on helicopters.

cabu

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kuno B1-15 (B1502DT)
May 24, 2009
Germany, Oyten
My greenhouse is on hold for now. If I go to Africa it would be 42 days there, then 42 days home. It is a job with the same company I am with now, just a different location. So still working on helicopters.
That is nearly the same I do, but only 30 Days. And working on Radar and computer network.

That does not sound so bad. 42 days home is a lot of time to build your dream...

carl

helomech

Apr 15, 2011
East Texas
That is nearly the same I do, but only 30 Days. And working on Radar and computer network.

That does not sound so bad. 42 days home is a lot of time to build your dream...

carl
Cool. I am waiting to hear back, it may take a while though. They said I would hear back when the bidding closed, and I don't know when the bidding will close.

Txfire468

Equipment
Kubota L175 with a 4ft bushhog, boxblade, and tiller.
Jul 26, 2013
Marshall,Texas,USA
Helomech, what town are you in? Im from out of marshall. I would love to see how this is in person.