Dug big hole with MX5100

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Soooooooo hows the pond going have you had a chance to get anything more done to it??? Pictures we need pictures!!!
An old guy told me once that slow and stead will make everything last longer,, so it must work,,lol

helomech

Apr 15, 2011
East Texas
Had to remodel the entire outside of my house so progress has not been as fast as I hoped. Almost done with the house, one more day of work and I am done. Then i can finish the aquaponics. Got some temporary grow beds in place, one 12 volt pump running, and got tilapia in the tank.

One of my temporary grow beds.

12 volt pump

helomech

Apr 15, 2011
East Texas

2000 cinder blocks for the retaining wall. Only need 650 of them, but got a great deal on all 2000.

Got these 2 free with the cinder blocks.

My son trying to catch the bass and perch so we could put the tilapia in.

cabu

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kuno B1-15 (B1502DT)
May 24, 2009
Germany, Oyten
Hello,

looks like your pine plantation and deers are not enough.
And fertilize plants with fish poo is quit a strange hobby.
My little Kubota was also very busy last week and pushed 50 cbm dirt around to raise my ground a some inches.
I like work where you can see things get done! :cool:

der carl

helomech

Apr 15, 2011
East Texas
Hello,

looks like your pine plantation and deers are not enough.
And fertilize plants with fish poo is quit a strange hobby.
My little Kubota was also very busy last week and pushed 50 cbm dirt around to raise my ground a some inches.
I like work where you can see things get done! :cool:

der carl
Thanks Carl, no not enough. We have chickens, turkey, ducks, geese, and rabbits. Still eating deer and wild hogs also. Trying to get to the point where we don't have to buy any of our food.

I don't have a clue what 50 cbm looks like. But I am getting 18 tons of river rocks delivered this week for the rest of my grow beds.

cabu

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kuno B1-15 (B1502DT)
May 24, 2009
Germany, Oyten
...I don't have a clue what 50 cbm looks like...
50 cubicmeters were around 90 tons :cool:
My little Kubota was quite busy.

Going back to the roots, and produce everything of food you need is something. I belief that a lot people will also come to that point, because they have to. When I always told my friends, that we will come back to heat only one room in the house to a cozy temperature, they laughed at me, but since the price for energy goes up und up, the friends do not laugh anymore...
I believe you are on the right way!

der carl

helomech

Apr 15, 2011
East Texas
That is a lot. The rocks I am getting will all need washed, and that takes forever.

I like knowing where my food comes from and how it was taken care of. We just hatched some turkey's yesterday.

cabu

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kuno B1-15 (B1502DT)
May 24, 2009
Germany, Oyten
That is a lot...
But your hole looks like the same. A lot of dirt you have moved!
When I will retire, I believe, I will also start farming. Looks like the government burns my money until then and I, the citizen, has to pay the debt. :mad:
Farming looks like a good idea...

helomech

Apr 15, 2011
East Texas
But your hole looks like the same. A lot of dirt you have moved!
When I will retire, I believe, I will also start farming. Looks like the government burns my money until then and I, the citizen, has to pay the debt. :mad:
Farming looks like a good idea...
Yeah, my goal is to retire as early as possible. Shooting for 48-50 years old. That way the government won't be able to tax me anymore. At least not on the federal level.

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Looks good, how big for the fish before they hit the table? You do know that when the SHTF we are all comming to your place,,lol

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
LMAO:D Good on you my friend,, so whats the latest up dates on how the whole thing is going?

helomech

Apr 15, 2011
East Texas
Lots of changes. Made the hole even bigger, now it is 30 feet wide by 70 feet long. Going to have the cinder blocks done by the end of this month.

Also had a bunch of baby tilapia

Set up an aquarium inside to keep some breeders in, just in case something happens to the ones outside.

helomech

Apr 15, 2011
East Texas
Set up a swimming pool to house the tilapia babies, and we are doing a green water set up. What that means is you let the water turn green with algae and the tilapia feed off the algae. That allows you to feed them a lot less, or not at all depending on how fast you want them to grow.

Water turned green. Yeah.

helomech

Apr 15, 2011
East Texas
Still offshore, hoping to have some contractors lined up to work in 8 days. Finding people to work around here is not easy. Everything is growing great.

Taken 4 days after the pics above.

And the tilapia getting big

Last edited:

cabu

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kuno B1-15 (B1502DT)
May 24, 2009
Germany, Oyten
NASA should ask YOU to plan their biosphere. :D

If I will ever do a vacation again in the States I have to visit you.

You are a busy man and I can imagine how it is, away from your place and thousand plans in your head what to do... :rolleyes:

Have fun!

Carl