Dropped off my baby (MX5100) for surgery today

DocGP

Sep 17, 2014
SE TX
Dropped off my baby (MX5100) for surgery today (Finally pics!!)

Woohoo!! Having the BH92 mounted to her this week! Like a dang kid at Christmas!! Can't wait to get to work. Will be spending much of spring break digging, pushing, pulling, and anything else I can think of.

Will add pictures when I get her home.

Doc

Sorry, put this here because I just bought the BH92. If it would be better in implements, please feel free to move it.

Last edited:

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
Woohoo!! Having the BH92 mounted to her this week! Like a dang kid at Christmas!! Can't wait to get to work. Will be spending much of spring break digging, pushing, pulling, and anything else I can think of.

Will add pictures when I get her home.

Doc

Sorry, put this here because I just bought the BH92. If it would be better in implements, please feel free to move it.

Something about working with the backhoe, even though you arent moving around, seems like you do more work digging a hole rather than pushing stuff around !!!

congrats and I know it will be fun! If you havent used a hoe, it will take you very short time for it to become second nature with using it, took me only a couple of work hours to stop thinking about what I am doing and just do it!:D:)

virginiavenom

Jan 30, 2015
Sherman, TX
out of curiosity what all has to be physically changed on a tractor to accommodate a backhoe? and why is it that it interferes with having things like a top N Tilt kit?

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
85Hokie, if you're really competent you can play tic tac toe.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Z2RNYRdhos
I would rather dig a hole!:).......man, that thar takes patience !!!! lots and lot of patience!!!:D

I worked on a huge crew - one of the old birds could open a soda bottle if you held it still......he WAS that damn good......of course he was on a trackhoe the size of a bus!:eek:

DocGP

Sep 17, 2014
SE TX
out of curiosity what all has to be physically changed on a tractor to accommodate a backhoe? and why is it that it interferes with having things like a top N Tilt kit?
Wow, I guess I never knew you could put so many hydraulic functions on one box blade!! :eek::eek: Maybe just too much stuff mounted back there for the hoe attachment.

Doc

Orange Turbo

Lifetime Member

Equipment
MX5100, pto13000kw, Loader, Ripper,Plow,Disc,Mower,Forks,3pt spreader,Box Blade.
Feb 2, 2015
Mo
What's the ""UPDATE DOC""???
Pic's if you have them...

I have a good friend with a MX5100, just a little newer than mine, and going to try and split the cost of the hoe, and each of us buy there own mount, I'm thinking my last checking price was around, $900.00/$1000.00 for the sub frame and around, $9600.00 for the hoe..
Sure would like to have one, ;)

DocGP

Sep 17, 2014
SE TX
Will be getting her on Mar 16th and working over spring break if I can catch a break from this rain!!

Doc

DocGP

Sep 17, 2014
SE TX
Finally got pictures!!! Had one interesting happening though. When I picked it up after installation of the BH92, I was loading it on the trailer and folding up the hoe to put the bucket down where I could chain it. Well, When I folded the bucket all the way down, the upper hydraulic fitting on the main boom lift hit a bracket that was on the boom and snapped off. Oil sprayed everywhere. The bracket holding the hydraulic lines was off by about a half millimeter!!! It was just enough to snap the fitting. My dealer was awesome. They had just not folded that particular joint completely closed, and hadn't found it. They (Queen City Tractor) jumped right on it, and the bracket cut back, repainted, and the fittings replaced and hydraulic oil refilled in 20 minutes. Ran it for the rest of the week with 0 problems!!!!

We all know with mass produced things, stuff goes wrong occasionally. My main concern is how it is handled when it does. They took great care of me and I would recommend them to anyone.

Now for the pictures;

First week of work consisted of pushing brush piles, piling brush piles, pulling up old fence posts with the hydraulic thumb, carrying said fence posts and piling them in front of a hole that poachers had cut in my fence, pulling up old pampas grass..........couldn't do much actual digging since it is so wet, but everything else I asked of it was no problem. I was quite pleased with the tractor and backhoe.

The MX 5100 is a bit of a beast. It is much stronger than my old L3010. It does, however, like the fuel quite a bit more than my old girl. I do like that it isn't a tier 4 tractor for many reasons, but it was quite a bit better on fuel and had power aplenty for the hoe when I ran it at about 1500 rpm instead of 22-2400 for the 540 on the PTO. It has a nice wide stance and with the R4's, it floated across the mud without sinking in too bad. If I pushed it, it would dig down, but as long as I kept moving, it would repeatedly run across the top of the mud holes without sinking too bad.

Anyway, for what it's worth, sorry for the rambling report.

Doc

Last edited:

Mbarrette

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota U55, Kubota SVL75, Kubota B3030, Kubota L6060, Kubota ZG21, Kubota L4760
Mar 8, 2015
Creston, BC, Canada
Really nice backhoe and tractor:) In my experience, if you can master the hoe you can easily operate an excavator. The agility, weight, power and controls on an excavator make operation much more forgiving.

With that hoe under your belt, you'll be able to operate anything with a boom arm:p

Enjoy the new toy,