Don't make fun of my little BX! :)

Tractor Dell

Equipment
Kubota BX23S
Jun 13, 2017
Central PA
Ok, so here is the story. My neighbor has some stumps he wants to get out. I have been doing stumps all Summer with my BX23S, so I know depending on the size of the stump and how long it has been cut, how long it will probably take me. I should have seen this coming... haha

I take my BX up to his house and easily rip out some small, dead stumps. Not an issue. Then he goes, "How about this one?" It is about 18" across and looks to be rotted. I am "OK, but this one will take a while." He is like "Nah, it's dead. It should come out easy." I dig all around it, the roots look fresh and not rotted at all. I go, "This will not be easy." We cut the roots off with an axe. I push and pull with the BH, no go. I push and pull with the FEL, nothing. I hook my chain up to the pull bar... nada. He looks at me and goes "You should have gotten a bigger tractor." I laughed and said "They come with a bigger payment." He goes, "Let me show you how it's done." He goes and gets his big old F250, and backs up to the stump. We hook the chain up, he puts it in 4 wheel drive, and proceeds to dig some nice holes in his yard where the tires just dug in deep. We unhook the chain from the truck and I look at him and say "Guess you should have gotten a bigger truck." LOL :D :p

I will probably go up this weekend and get the stump out. He got impatient after about 30 minutes of me working on it. Takes a bit longer than that to get one that size out! ;)

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
1979 B7100DT Gear, Nissan Hanix N150-2 Excavator
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
He looks at me and goes "You should have gotten a bigger tractor."
I'd have told him "Maybe YOU should have gotten a bigger tractor."
And then taken my "little" tractor home.

Creature Meadow

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2012 L4600, Disk, Brush Hog, GB60 Garden Bedder, GSS72 Grading Scraper
Sep 19, 2016
Central North Carolina
Friend at work as a BX and might I add a good friend, we play table tennis each day at lunch and like to pick at each other. I do calibration and he is a nuclear product manager so when not playing table tennis we work together a lot.

Other day he was talking about mowing on a ditch bank and it was sketchy, I told him why not just walk along beside it or put you foot down in case it starts to roll.

Today I showed him video of me subsoiling the garden last night. explained to him what a ground engaging implement was since i knew his BX did not use those. We all were rolling.......

we have a lot of fun and truth be known would love to have a BX to compliment my bigger L4600 it would be used a lot around the farm.

Place for all tractors we just have to know limitations.

Tractor Dell

Equipment
Kubota BX23S
Jun 13, 2017
Central PA
Yea, I wasn't upset. We were just harassing each other. :)

Just so if someone sees this post and wonders if a BX can get stumps out. Here is one I got out earlier this Summer. You just can't think you are going to reach out, grab it and rip it out of the ground. It just takes time and patience. :)

Attachments

ipz2222

Equipment
L235, bx2670
May 30, 2009
chickamauga ga usa
Pulling stumps is a whole lot harder than most people think. Neighbor had a 6 to 7 inch mimosa stump he wanted removed. I took my L245 dt over and did nothing to it. Went back to the house and got my 4 door 4wd F250 diesel. Hooked both of them to the stump and still could not pull it out. Only after cutting 2 roots were we able to get that stump out.

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
Yea, I wasn't upset. We were just harassing each other. :)

Just so if someone sees this post and wonders if a BX can get stumps out. Here is one I got out earlier this Summer. You just can't think you are going to reach out, grab it and rip it out of the ground. It just takes time and patience. :)
Here are two BX'ed stumps - one easy, one NOT so easy!

And like ol Clint Eastwood said, "A man has got to know his limitations!";)

Attachments

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
Don't feel bad. My neighbors wife said my M9000 was a city tractor. Of course they have 200 hp tractors sitting around their place.

Tunaslayer

Equipment
L2501 TLB, Wheelhorse 417-8/414-8
Don't make fun of my little BX! ***128522;

A BX is a formidable machine for sure. There is always some guy that will compare a 20,000lb excavator to a bx, but when you ask that machine to fit in your garage, and drive across your lawn, there is no comparison. I had a wheelhorse loader prior to my kubota, and I did a ton of work with it. It did not hold a candle to the capabilities of your BX. I actually miss the size and low impact it had for a lot of normal chores. Sorry for the non-orange tractor pic, but it was sweet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk