Do you all remember your first concert

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
1979 B7100DT Gear, Nissan Hanix N150-2 Excavator
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
ZZ Top, early '80s. Pretty good, but very smoky. :D
Second one was Kenny Rodgers, and Sawyer Brown opened for him, and they absolutely blew him off the stage. Still the best concert I've ever been to.
Since then, Todd Snider, John Prine, and Delbert McClinton 3 times.

jryser

Jun 7, 2017
Plainfield
Queen. I was in 7th grade (1979) at Market Square Arena in Indianapolis, IN,and that concert inspired me to get my record deal in 1988 - and an album in 1990 and a tour with The Moody Blues!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

BillK01

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, LP 1560 back blade, Front mount snow blower, Ferris ISX800 ZTR
Mar 17, 2017
Near Pittsburgh, PA
1983 - Def Leppard (Pyromania tour) with Krokus opening for them at the Civic Arena in Pittsburgh.

Steve67

Equipment
B2601-fel, 60"mmm, 5' rear blade, balast box
Jan 20, 2017
St. Louis, mo.
Queen. I was in 7th grade (1979) at Market Square Arena in Indianapolis, IN,and that concert inspired me to get my record deal in 1988 - and an album in 1990 and a tour with The Moody Blues!

A tour with Moody Blues, so awesome! You must’ve a very fine musician

jryser

Jun 7, 2017
Plainfield
A tour with Moody Blues, so awesome! You must’ve a very fine musician

One hit wonder but it paid for my education and will allow me some flexibility to retire a little early! [emoji12]

Here’s the song - went to 6 on Billboard AC chart in 1990. And I bet u never heard it that is how flash in the pan I was! But very grateful for the experience.

https://youtu.be/_TsT1VYoYH4

I played all instruments except drums on this cut. Jim Vallance did the drumming!

coachgeo

Equipment
L225 w/woods Few Mowers & Back Blade, D722 in Motorcycle (Triumph Tiger), LMTV
Nov 16, 2012
Southern OH
c
One hit wonder but it paid for my education and will allow me some flexibility to retire a little early! [emoji12]

Here***8217;s the song - went to 6 on Billboard AC chart in 1990. And I bet u never heard it that is how flash in the pan I was! But very grateful for the experience.

https://youtu.be/_TsT1VYoYH4

I played all instruments except drums on this cut. Jim Vallance did the drumming!

Seems there is a few folk out there who remember you as both a musician and as a counselor helping them overcome the same battle you fought. Kudo's sir.

Any of your songs on karaoke labels? I like introducing less heard stuff .... in return for others whom have done same for me at little whole in the wall karaoke joints. (which I rarely do these days)

jryser

Jun 7, 2017
Plainfield
cSeems there is a few folk out there who remember you as both a musician and as a counselor helping them overcome the same battle you fought. Kudo's sir.

Any of your songs on karaoke labels? I like introducing less heard stuff .... in return for others whom have done same for me at little whole in the wall karaoke joints. (which I rarely do these days)

WOW! Small world and u for SURE made my day knowing what I do now. That’s my true calling and hunting is the gift that lets me keep doing it!! I don’t think my tunes made it to karaoke but I bet I could post an instrumental mix to YouTube!!

Thank u for the fine comments.

coachgeo

Equipment
Nov 16, 2012
Southern OH
... I don***8217;t think my tunes made it to karaoke but I bet I could post an instrumental mix to YouTube!!

Thank u for the fine comments.

there is enough karaoke creating software out there these days.... maybe you can plug your instramental(s) into them .. throw the words in.... and help your retirement a tad bit more.... or just put it up on Youtube for prosperity?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-cckgdfzQqA

Last edited:

jryser

Jun 7, 2017
Plainfield
there is enough karaoke creating software out there these days.... maybe you can plug your instramental(s) into them .. throw the words in.... and help your retirement a tad bit more.... or just put it up on Youtube for prosperity?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-cckgdfzQqA

I like ur idea for prosperity! It’ll gimme something to do this weekend!!! Besides get out the L3560 to get this done [emoji23]

coachgeo

Equipment
Nov 16, 2012
Southern OH
I like ur idea for prosperity! It’ll gimme something to do this weekend!!! Besides get out the L3560 to get this done [emoji23]

[IMG.. pile of gravel[/IMG]...
Better than a pile of shiat to spread lol

Newlyme

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4900 w/loader, finish mower, tiller, auger, rake. BX24 w/loader, backhoe
May 27, 2015
Nelson Ohio USA
First concert was the World Series of Rock at the, (long gone), Cleveland Municipal Stadium. 80,000+ people. August 6, 1977.
Rick Derringer
Bob Seger and the Silver Bullet Band
Peter Frampton
J Geils Band.

And to answer the question in the title of the thread, no I didn't remember, (all of the bands), I had to look it up. :eek: :)

hodge

Lifetime Member

Equipment
John Deere 790 John Deere 310 backhoe Bobcat 743
Nov 19, 2010
Love, VA
Alabama, early 80's.

sdk1968

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2601HSD & CK4010HST 4WD/FEL
Oct 19, 2016
Ohio
KISS 1974 tour.... my big sister took me in full face paint.. i was 6.

:D

Reactions: 1 user

ehenry

Equipment
BX22, FEL, BH, 40" pto tiller, 42" Bushog Squealer, pto hole digger, B7300 w/60"
Mar 25, 2014
Canton, MS
Joe Cocker - 1971 in the Jackson, MS Coliseum

Stmar

Equipment
B2650HSDC
May 23, 2017
Buffalo, Wyoming
Forget the exact year, '69 '70? Ted Nugent and the Amboy Dukes in Hollywood Florida, I thought "wow, that guy plays a mean guitar". At the same 3 day festival I saw Steppenwolf, Country Joe and the Fish and some others that have gone from my memory.

botaskinner

Equipment
B2320HST, Land Pride 48" BB, LA304 Loader, TSC Middle buster, Piranha Tooth Bar
Jul 7, 2016
watsonville, ca
My first was Led Zeppelin Houses of the Holy tour, oakland 1973. Joe Coker opened.

Then in no particular order,
Peter Frampton
Journey
Pink Floyd Dark Side of the Moon, Cow Palace
Robin Trower

And on a lighter note, the Temptations at the Circle Star.

But Wifey has us all beat, Beatles in Memphis, maybe 1965? She couldn't hear them sing with all the screaming.