Do all four tires have to match?

Steve67

Equipment
B2601-fel, 60"mmm, 5' rear blade, balast box
Jan 20, 2017
St. Louis, mo.
Is it possible to have r4 on the front and r3 on the rear assuming correct size tires for the tractor? Or because of 4 wd they need to be the same type of tire front and back

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Is it possible to have r4 on the front and r3 on the rear assuming correct size tires for the tractor? Or because of 4 wd they need to be the same type of tire front and back
Yes you can, I've had R3's on the rear and R4's on the front of mine for years.

Now the issue is finding the right combination that will work to keep from damaging the 4wd system, and on the littler tractors finding the right size is very hard. ;)

1970cs

Apr 26, 2016
Grand Ledge
Agreed, rolling radius is what you need to match from your originals. You should contact your local AG tire dealer for ratio matching tires.

Pat

netxtown

Aug 8, 2013
Blue Ridge, Tx
Yes you can, I've had R3's on the rear and R4's on the front of mine for years.

Now the issue is finding the right combination that will work to keep from damaging the 4wd system, and on the littler tractors finding the right size is very hard. ;)
You might want to contact OTR ( www.otr.com ) as they supply Kubota with tires. Being they are the OEM, they would probably have the data for the front and rear. From that you should be able to get the ratio.

tiredguy

Equipment
B3030 HSTC,B2781 51" front mounted snowblower,60" MMM
Jan 21, 2010
northern lower Michigan
You might want to contact OTR ( www.otr.com ) as they supply Kubota with tires. Being they are the OEM, they would probably have the data for the front and rear. From that you should be able to get the ratio.
I'm with Wolfman getting VERY spammy in the forum with sales adds :mad

To address your question whether or not you can mix and match treads, yes
you can just as Wolfman and many others AS LONG AS YOU MAINTAIN THE
SAME ROLLING CIRCUMFERENCE OF THE ORIGINAL TIRES so the gear ratio front to rear remains the same.
Al

waross

Equipment
BX2670
May 26, 2016
Hobart, Indiana
I read the thread because it reminds me of the department I work for.
I have been a police officer in Gary Indiana for years. And i have seen our great garage crew put four different makes and models of tires on the same car. And not at different times. Always amazes me.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

netxtown

Aug 8, 2013
Blue Ridge, Tx
"AS LONG AS YOU MAINTAIN THE SAME ROLLING CIRCUMFERENCE OF THE ORIGINAL TIRES"

Does Kubota supply us with the needed data? Hell no. We are left to guess. Being that OTR is the original OEM for some of these tires - they will have the data. That isn't a sale - that is tire specifications.

I've supported Kubota and my dealership for over 10 years. And not ONCE! in 10 years have they warranted a tire. Tires are ALL 3rd party - and if a new source becomes available for 3rd party parts n pieces...why not?? Besides - take a look at the belly plate threads. Lots and lots of brand names being tossed around..... OTR is a brand name.

Last edited: