[DIY] BX SSQA FEL Cart

Trimley

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX23SLSB-R-1 plus additions
Jul 25, 2023
PNW-WA
[DIY] SSQA Front End Loader Dolly -AKA- FEL Cart.

I made mine from 3-2×6's, 3/4" Plywood, UHMW as guides for the Landing Gear Arms, and a piece of pipe (notched for the SSQA pins) that the "V" on the bottom of the bucket centers on.

The cart sets itself to the right position.
1000015943.jpg
1000015942.jpg
1000015944.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: 8 users

ve9aa

Equipment
TG1860, BX2380 -backblade, bx2830 snowblower, fel, weight box,pallet forks,etc
Apr 11, 2021
NB, Canada
I'm curious as to what the purpose of this is?
I am not @Trimley but it looks to be when he takes his FEL off (in the winter, to mount his snowblower???) that the little (stand) feet (or the bucket) don't have to sit on the ground.
(or floor in the garage)

Probably he can push it around by hand if on flat ground/garage floor.

I am sure he'll explain.

Reactions: 1 user

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Oh I guess I would never consider trying to push my loader around, but then again I have an L so a little bigger!

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
Bet his garage is small and crowded like mine, so he NEEDS it to be mobile !
I sit my pallet forks on a cart, slide them underneath the 4by8 workbench.......
Real World TETRIS....., 'winter edition' coming soon....waaaay toooo soon !

My loader's only been off ONCE in 5 years,so neighbour could properly weld the cross tube that fell off 2 months ago.

Trimley

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jul 25, 2023
PNW-WA
I'm curious as to what the purpose of this is?
It's a wheeled cart. To be used so the FEL is not dead weight in the middle of my shop floor, and in need of moving by the tractor. I can move it by hand instead.

Trimley

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jul 25, 2023
PNW-WA
I sit my pallet forks on a cart, slide them underneath the 4by8 workbench.......
Real World TETRIS....., 'winter edition' coming soon....waaaay toooo soon !

My loader's only been off ONCE in 5 years,so neighbour could properly weld the cross tube that fell off 2 months ago.
I have all bulky/heavy items on carts. Carts make less work, and make my life easier. My FEL was in the middle of the bay floor. Now I can roll it out of the way. Like my wirefeed welder, metal chopsaw, bandsaw, tablesaw, router table, free standing bench grinder, etc.

My shop is made up of cabinetry, (I'm a Finish Carpenter by trade. Go figure.) drawer banks and shelves. Heck, my nuts, bolts screws and misc hardware is in rolling wooden (50 drawer) drawer banks.

Some of us are not typical.

Last edited:

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
yes, heavy stuff of carts roll great....until one wheel finds that missing 1/4-20 nut you dropped 2 hours ago...
INSTANT brakes !!!

Trimley

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jul 25, 2023
PNW-WA
yes, heavy stuff of carts roll great....until one wheel finds that missing 1/4-20 nut you dropped 2 hours ago...
INSTANT brakes !!!
Right!!

I'm pretty OCD about keeping my shop clean, but it does happen. Anything that will stick to the soles, sawdust, metal shavings, I move to the outside of the floor areas, and vacuum up later.

Runs With Scissors

Equipment
L2501 TLB , Grappel, Brush Hog, Box Blade, Ballast box, Forks, Tiller, PH digger
Jan 25, 2023
Michigan
Looks very nice and quite handy.

I have most of my stuff on some sort of homemade "rolly carts".

I tend to use the bigger 6 inch wheels though, because I am NOT ocd about cleaning my shop.

Trimley

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jul 25, 2023
PNW-WA
Looks very nice and quite handy.

I have most of my stuff on some sort of homemade "rolly carts".

I tend to use the bigger 6 inch wheels though, because I am NOT ocd about cleaning my shop.
Thanks. I was a Finish Carpenter/Flooring Contractor for 37 years, always (daily) sweeping, vacuuming or both. That's where (that part) my OCD comes from.

2001TLB

Equipment
L48TLB, 60" EA SSQA Root Rake Grapple, EA SSQA Fork lift
Nov 14, 2021
Shelton, Washington
Thanks. I was a Finish Carpenter/Flooring Contractor for 37 years, always (daily) sweeping, vacuuming or both. That's where (that part) my OCD comes from.
That will certainly do that. I was a construction field superintendent for over 20 years. I got to hate messes. I keep the floors pretty tidy...can't help it.

Also, I use wheels also. I have a pallet jack, a few pallets and several dollies. I have two six caster, steel dollies that were built to move my boat trailer sideways in the garage. They also work nicely for the BT1100 backhoe. Not real easy to move, but it is movable.

Doug

Trimley

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jul 25, 2023
PNW-WA
Real World TETRIS....., 'winter edition' coming soon....waaaay toooo soon!
I know the game. I have 10-12 implements, pressure washer, wirefeed welder, hyd press, my scrap aluminum, steel and stainless each in their own 55 gallon barrels, bags of traeger pellets and more, all in a 10'×18' area of floor space. TETRIS is the perfect word, because I utilize the space strategically!

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
Apr 2, 2019
Having to stuff 4300 sqft of 'things' into 240sqft, I've become reasonably good at Real World Tetris but FINDING this or that has become THE challenge. I KNOW it's here, somewhere, really, I saw it um, ah, 2-3 ,4 dayze ago.....
sad part is when ever I toss an item out, 2-3 days later someone ask ' have you got.......' ? and I know it's now on it's way to China...
sigh

Trimley

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jul 25, 2023
PNW-WA
Having to stuff 4300 sqft of 'things' into 240sqft, I've become reasonably good at Real World Tetris but FINDING this or that has become THE challenge. I KNOW it's here, somewhere, really, I saw it um, ah, 2-3 ,4 dayze ago.....
sad part is when ever I toss an item out, 2-3 days later someone ask ' have you got.......' ? and I know it's now on it's way to China...
sigh
I could be seen as a hoarder to a degree...but I tell you what, post Covid was a roll over point. If you pass something in your truck, then look again in the rear-view mirror, you'll likely never get the same oportunity again. What we knew will never return.

Your friends come to you because they see what you do as an inconvenience to their lifestyle if they did the same. You know that.

jaxs

Equipment
B1750HST
Jun 22, 2023
Texas
If I could be considered as ocd it wouldn't involve neatness,most likly frugalness. I bought a Hoyer Lift off CraigsList and modified it to become a pallet stacker for loading/unload from bed of truck,set things on and off pallet rack and generally move things around shop. I drove into Dallas about 4 years ago to buy surplus water meters and wound up buying all the supermarket shopping carts I could pile on and ratchet strap to the bed of my truck for $5 each. I sold some to pay my costs, repurposed some as carts and repurposed wheels and baskets from some. One has a Kirby vacuum cleaner with long hose along with car maintenance and cleaning supplies . Another Kirby is used to clean shop floors. A third Kirby is on on a shopping cart with a 15 gallon barrel for table saw,planner and drum sander dust collector. In case you never owned a Kirby,they have larger motors than majority of shop vacs. People sell them in garage sales for $20 when clearing out granny's estate. I snagged some restaurant buss carts for use as rolling tool trays. So yea, I like the fel cart in original post and wheels on as many things in shop as possible.

DustyRusty

Equipment
2020 BX23S, BX2822 Snowblower, Curtis Deluxe Cab,
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
Done.
Original post updated.
Now, could you please post some dimensions and how you made the cuts in the metal tube and why? The more detail the better for us folks that are not as handy as an experienced carpenter. thanks