DIY BH77 Install Journey

radas

Equipment
2022 LX2610HST, 3rd Function, Rear Remotes, BH77
Mar 21, 2022
Michigan
As some of you may know, I've recently acquired a BH77 and due to lack of trailer, looking for a "fun project", and being generally dealer averse I've decided to do my own install. I'm mechanically inclined but have limited hydraulics know how.

I've gotten to the point where I've followed the BH4962 instructions for the B2650 on relocating my toolbox, removing the rear toolbox/hazard light brace, and relocating the hazard lights. I've also pre-installed my parker 3/8" connectors on one of the hard lines and the flexible hose that "closes the loop" to the power beyond when the BH77 is disconnected.

I'm not at all concerned about the installation of the subframe itself, but I am a little apprehensive to install the two hydraulic lines as my lines to the power beyond do not appear to be set up consistent with the BH77 manual. I do have a Kubota third function as well as kubota rear remotes installed, so I am assuming that either of these things have changed the layout of my hydraulic lines to the power beyond.

Here is my issue:
Screenshot_20230420-210143~2.png

That hydraulic line is supposed to connect from the power beyond to what appears to be the rear axle/differential assembly. The area I've circled in red is where one of my BH77 hard lines are supposed to be installed along with the hose that "closes the loop". Unfortunately, the existing hard line on the tractor does not mount to the power beyond at all, it mounts to a hose that is leading towards the front of the tractor (I'm assuming for the loader or third function). If I do install the BH77 hydraulic lines, I am not sure where to connect the remaining hose to.

These are the two lines I need to install:

Screenshot_20230420-210751.png

Nowhere in this diagram do they provide insight on how to install if you have a third function or rear remotes which appears to have changed my layout a bit. Any advice or guidance would be appreciated. I can take some better photos over the weekend after I pick up the BH77 and take the loaded tire off and put a jackstand under the right axle.

Here's where I am so far with the install/prep:

PXL_20230416_221402216.jpg

Fordtech86

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200
Aug 7, 2018
Pineville,LA
I can’t help with that, but I can tell you the “fun” isn’t over after you get the hydraulics hooked up…You still got to get the backhoe out of its shipping crate 🤣🤣🤣. And how do you plan on picking up the hoe without a trailer?

Sorry to be of no assistance in your question though, I did the install on my L, but it’s set up different then yours and I don’t have any other hydraulics added on to it.

radas

Equipment
Mar 21, 2022
Michigan
I can’t help with that, but I can tell you the “fun” isn’t over after you get the hydraulics hooked up…You still got to get the backhoe out of its shipping crate 🤣🤣🤣. And how do you plan on picking up the hoe without a trailer?
Thanks for the vote of confidence 😂

I rented a 6x12 uhaul to pick it up from the dealer and the forks/~500lb box blade should make short work of unloading it until I have the subframe mounted (that's why I left the 3pt on the tractor until Saturday). I'll hit the crate with a sawzall or my 4' crowbar and make short work of it 😉 The hoe looked pretty easy to mount, use the outriggers to lift it and hang on the subframe notches after turning the bucket/arm parallel to the tractor then pushing the hoe into alignment for pins using the bucket/arm, sound about right?

I've been meaning to get a 14' dump or a nice tilt deck trailer so I can haul the tractor around in and haul material but it's been a relatively expensive year with us wrapping up house remodel, starting a front porch remodel, and hiring an arborist to remove some giant trees off the property.

Reactions: 1 users

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901/LA525, B7200DT/B1630, G2160/RCK60, G2460/RCK60
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
As some of you may know, I've recently acquired a BH77 and due to lack of trailer, looking for a "fun project", and being generally dealer averse I've decided to do my own install. I'm mechanically inclined but have limited hydraulics know how.

I've gotten to the point where I've followed the BH4962 instructions for the B2650 on relocating my toolbox, removing the rear toolbox/hazard light brace, and relocating the hazard lights. I've also pre-installed my parker 3/8" connectors on one of the hard lines and the flexible hose that "closes the loop" to the power beyond when the BH77 is disconnected.

I'm not at all concerned about the installation of the subframe itself, but I am a little apprehensive to install the two hydraulic lines as my lines to the power beyond do not appear to be set up consistent with the BH77 manual. I do have a Kubota third function as well as kubota rear remotes installed, so I am assuming that either of these things have changed the layout of my hydraulic lines to the power beyond.

Here is my issue:
View attachment 100738

That hydraulic line is supposed to connect from the power beyond to what appears to be the rear axle/differential assembly. The area I've circled in red is where one of my BH77 hard lines are supposed to be installed along with the hose that "closes the loop". Unfortunately, the existing hard line on the tractor does not mount to the power beyond at all, it mounts to a hose that is leading towards the front of the tractor (I'm assuming for the loader or third function). If I do install the BH77 hydraulic lines, I am not sure where to connect the remaining hose to.

These are the two lines I need to install:

View attachment 100739

Nowhere in this diagram do they provide insight on how to install if you have a third function or rear remotes which appears to have changed my layout a bit. Any advice or guidance would be appreciated. I can take some better photos over the weekend after I pick up the BH77 and take the loaded tire off and put a jackstand under the right axle.

Here's where I am so far with the install/prep:

View attachment 100740
Normally the loop would be:

Loader->3rd Function -> Remotes-> BH -> 3pt

Just follow the plumbing off the loader valve and it should be pretty obvious

Dan

Fordtech86

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200
Aug 7, 2018
Pineville,LA
The hoe looked pretty easy to mount, use the outriggers to lift it and hang on the subframe notches after turning the bucket/arm parallel to the tractor then pushing the hoe into alignment for pins using the bucket/arm, sound about right?
Have you seen it in the crate yet? 😂. Hopefully it goes better for you 😂. But yes it is pretty simple to hook up and detach AFTER its off the crate and assembled.

radas

Equipment
Mar 21, 2022
Michigan
Normally the loop would be:

Loader->3rd Function -> Remotes-> BH -> 3pt

Just follow the plumbing off the loader valve and it should be pretty obvious

Dan
Thanks Dan, I'll look at it closer when the wheel is off, it may be really straightforward and I'm just overthinking it...hopefully that is the case.

radas

Equipment
Mar 21, 2022
Michigan
Have you seen it in the crate yet? 😂. Hopefully it goes better for you 😂. But yes it is pretty simple to hook up and detach AFTER its off the crate and assembled.
Oh yeah, it's in quite the majestic overbuilt crate. Looking forward to the free lumber and NOT looking forward to unpacking something that's not in a cardboard box or on a normal pallet 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
Thanks Dan, I'll look at it closer when the wheel is off, it may be really straightforward and I'm just overthinking it...hopefully that is the case.
The remotes are the wildcard. I am guessing they are installed in the general vicinity of the loader valve making plumbing runs pretty tight and may dictste a different order. Bottom line is the hoe goes last. Without looking at the parts book I would guess whatever is connected to the top of the transmission in place of the loader power beyond pipe will now feed the backhoe and the return line from the backhoe connects in its place.

Dan

Last edited:

MapleLeafFarmer

Equipment
Lots incl. B and L kubotas
Dec 2, 2019
E.
do you want a BH77 install and WSM?
I can give you both if you want.
They are 2 seperate files.

radas

Equipment
Mar 21, 2022
Michigan
Thank you! Now I'll have to figure out how to hook up the third function inlet to the BH77 outlet.
This is the bh77 inlet line on my lx2610.
My 3rd function inlet comes from the bh77 outlet.

Good luck.
Thanks, yeah your setup looks just like the manual shows - my setup is slightly different for some reason.

The remotes are the wildcard. I am guessing they are installed in the general vicinity of the loader valve making plumbing runs pretty tight and may dictste a different order. Bottom line is the hoe goes last. Without looking at the parts book I would guess whatever is connected to the top of the transmission in place of the loader power beyond pipe will now feed the backhoe and the return line from the backhoe connects in its place.

Dan
Appears to be that way, I've attached a picture of my set up below.

do you want a BH77 install and WSM?
I can give you both if you want.
They are 2 seperate files.
Appreciate the offer, I actually have them both unless your install manual shows "BH4966" specific instructions (mine shows similar BH4962 for the B2650.

Here's my set up:

PXL_20230421_122039148.jpg

PXL_20230421_122039148~2.jpg

So my line from the 3pt or top of the rear axle housing where the backhoe outlet pipe is supposed to be appears to feed the 3rd function valve and where the backhoe inlet valve is supposed to be on the power beyond also appears to feed the 3rd function valve.

1. Can I relocate the 3rd Function/loader hose to power beyond line from the current power beyond port to a different port? The BH line appears to need to use the port where this one is to mount to the subframe bracket.
2. My backhoe outlet pipe goes straight to the back of the tractor, where would I install the 3rd function/loader hose that will be disconnected? On the power beyond as well?

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
Thank you! Now I'll have to figure out how to hook up the third function inlet to the BH77 outlet.

Thanks, yeah your setup looks just like the manual shows - my setup is slightly different for some reason.

Appreciate the offer, I actually have them both unless your install manual shows "BH4966" specific instructions (mine shows similar BH4962 for the B2650.

Here's my set up:

View attachment 100753

So my line from the 3pt or top of the rear axle housing where the backhoe outlet pipe is supposed to be appears to feed the 3rd function valve and where the backhoe inlet valve is supposed to be on the power beyond also appears to feed the 3rd function valve.

1. Can I relocate the 3rd Function/loader hose to power beyond line from the current power beyond port to a different port? The BH line appears to need to use the port where this one is to mount to the subframe bracket.
2. My backhoe outlet pipe goes straight to the back of the tractor, where would I install the 3rd function/loader hose that will be disconnected? On the power beyond as well?
The valves can be plumbed in any order with one caveat. You want the BH to be LAST so as to avoid back pressurizing the valve when operating the loader or a remote. DO NOT use the backhoe outlet to feed anything other than the 3pt connection on the top of the transmission. The 3pt connection on the top of the transmission is not a feed - it is an inlet to the 3pt valve and is always teh last connection in the loop. Other than that use the order that makes the best use of the bits in your BH77 kit.

Dan

Last edited:

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us

Here's my set up:

View attachment 100753
View attachment 100756

I spent a little more time trying to parse that description.

It sounds like you have a hose/pipe connecting the losder PB to 3rd function. That makes sense and supplies pressure to the 3rd function valve.

You have another hose/pipe connecting the third function valve to the top of the transmission. That also makes sense and is the PB pressure supply FROM the third function TO the 3pt. This is the hose that should be disconnected and hooked to the BH inlet pipe.

The BH outlet pipe would then go to the top of the transmission as shown in the installation manual.

Pressure supply circuit looks like this:

Pump -> remotes -> loader -> 3rd function -> BH -> 3pt

Dan

Last edited:

someguy9000

Oct 7, 2022
California
I rented a 6x12 uhaul to pick it up from the dealer and the forks/~500lb box blade should make short work of unloading it until I have the subframe mounted (that's why I left the 3pt on the tractor until Saturday).
FYI, I couldn't lift my bh77 with my l3901 and forks. I had to lift/drag it off of my utility trailer. It's 850lbs, plus A LOT of wood in the transport frame.

I did my own install too. Definitely get metric taps to chase the mounting holes for the subframe bolts. Mine were badly powder coated.

And in terms of hooking it up to the tractor, yea hook it up hydraulically, and you can use the bucket to move the subframe pins. It's too low on the crate to do this the first time. I used a floor jack to raise up each side and throw 2x4s or 1x until it got close to height. I might even have used planks from the transport frame.

Build a dolly for it ASAP (essentially a big furniture dolly, look on youtube). Comes in SUPER handy.

Last edited:

radas

Equipment
Mar 21, 2022
Michigan
I spent a little more time trying to parse that description.

It sounds like you have a hose/pipe connecting the losder PB to 3rd function. That makes sense and supplies pressure to the 3rd function valve.

You have another hose/pipe connecting the third function valve to the top of the transmission. That also makes sense and is the PB pressure supply FROM the third function TO the 3pt. This is the hose that should be disconnected and hooked to the BH inlet pipe.

The BH outlet pipe would then go to the top of the transmission as shown in the installation manual.

Pressure supply circuit looks like this:

Pump -> remotes -> loader -> 3rd function -> BH -> 3pt

Dan
Thanks Dan, you are right!

I looked at the manual for the LA535 and the bastards listed the nuance for BH77/3rd function kit in there and not in the BH77 manual. Apparently I need a different inlet pipe assembly that doesn't connect to the power beyond but instead connects to the 3rd function to 3pt hose.

PXL_20230421_163928834.jpg
PXL_20230421_163950248.jpg

So long story short, the BH77 outlet pipe fits to the 3pt on the trans, the BH77 inlet pipe needs to be scrapped and a new BH77 to 3rd function pipe (they call it a "power beyond pipe" in the manual) needs to be ordered to allow the 3rd function to remain hooked up to the power beyond.

Am I thinking about this correctly? I'll post the part number here if anyone is interested.

radas

Equipment
Mar 21, 2022
Michigan
FYI, I couldn't lift my bh77 with my l3901 and forks. I had to lift/drag it off of my utility trailer. It's 850lbs, plus A LOT of wood in the transport frame.

I did my own install too. Definitely get metric taps to chase the mounting holes for the subframe bolts. Mine were badly powder coated.

And in terms of hooking it up to the tractor, yea hook it up hydraulically, and you can use the bucket to move the subframe pins. It's too low on the crate to do this the first time. I used a floor jack to raise up each side and throw 2x4s or 1x until it got close to height. I might even have used planks from the transport frame.

Build a dolly for it ASAP (essentially a big furniture dolly, look on youtube). Comes in SUPER handy.
Shit... I'm ordering a trailer without ramps so maybe I can wiggle the BH77 off of the trailer and use my aluminum ramps under to make sure it doesn't drop.

Oh for sure, I plan on picking up PT 2x6 and another set of casters to build a dolly since I don't need the BH77 on all the time. I was thinking about using my existing Dollies that I built for my BB/Forks/Bucket but they are too high off the ground 😭

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
Shit... I'm ordering a trailer without ramps so maybe I can wiggle the BH77 off of the trailer and use my aluminum ramps under to make sure it doesn't drop.

Oh for sure, I plan on picking up PT 2x6 and another set of casters to build a dolly since I don't need the BH77 on all the time. I was thinking about using my existing Dollies that I built for my BB/Forks/Bucket but they are too high off the ground 😭
Best solution!
Buy another (used) tractor.
Never take the BH off!:D

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 3 users

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
Thanks Dan, you are right!

I looked at the manual for the LA535 and the bastards listed the nuance for BH77/3rd function kit in there and not in the BH77 manual. Apparently I need a different inlet pipe assembly that doesn't connect to the power beyond but instead connects to the 3rd function to 3pt hose.

View attachment 100781 View attachment 100783

So long story short, the BH77 outlet pipe fits to the 3pt on the trans, the BH77 inlet pipe needs to be scrapped and a new BH77 to 3rd function pipe (they call it a "power beyond pipe" in the manual) needs to be ordered to allow the 3rd function to remain hooked up to the power beyond.

Am I thinking about this correctly? I'll post the part number here if anyone is interested.
I would probably just replace the pipe with a hose and cobble up a mount for the coupler.

Dan

radas

Equipment
Mar 21, 2022
Michigan
So if anyone is interested, I found the parts needed to install the BH77 on the LX2610 IF you have a 3rd function (#10 on the diagram):

PXL_20230421_210135231.jpg

7J056-84240 - power beyond pipe (backhoe inlet to 3rd function hose)
75580-61800 - fitting NPT to JNC between the pipe and hose
Two nuts and bolts (I can add the p/n later)

Parts will arrive Tue... Sadly I will not have the BH installed this weekend but I'll try to get the subframes mounted at least and get the wheels off and put the back end on stands.

Reactions: 1 users

someguy9000

Oct 7, 2022
California
Fwiw, I didn't take the wheels off when I installed the subframe on my L. It would have been easier, but I got it done. I didn't want to deal with Jack stands ect. Maybe you can do the same.