dimensions for the Kubota B219 / B1630 loaders

JosephGozo

Equipment
Kubota B7001 + an ever growing list of attachments (restored / homemade) :(
Nov 25, 2014
Malta
Hello,
First of all I am quite sorry for not being present on this forum so much.

I have a B7001 which I am once again thinking about buying him / making him a loader.
I like the looks of the B219 and B1630 loaders.

I have found an online manual for the B219 which does not include dimensions. I would like to recreate the B219 for looks sake. It would be very nice and kind of you if you could drop down some measurements to help me stay on track. I know there are readily available plans and Youtube is laden with homemade loaders and such but i wondered if i could just stay within factory spec/limits.

I would be interested in the dimensions labelled : " A, D, I, J and H" in the attached image.

I have somehow obtained the dimensions of the hydraulic cylinders (1.125" rod x 2" bore x 13" travel) Hope that is correct.

Regards
Joseph
Malta

Attachments

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
1979 B7100DT Gear, Nissan Hanix N150-2 Excavator
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
Wow, I could have helped if you had posted yesterday or the day before, when I was with the tractor.
But now I'm home, 150mi away, and probably won't get back there for another week or two.
Hopefully someone else will chime in with the info you need, lots of B219 owners on the forum, and some B1630 owners as well.

Reactions: 1 user

JosephGozo

Equipment
Nov 25, 2014
Malta
Thanks,
It is a very very rare sighting here in Malta (little) and some do pop up for sale in the UK but transport costs are prohibitive. I am just doing research and i think i will go for the BF200/BF300 release mechanism.

Yesterday I came across an owner's manual of a K-80 (for b6100 and b7100), It looks robust and good on them! but have never seen any real life photos of it. Was that for the american market???

Regards
Joseph

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
Have not heard of a K-80, but it was common to have multiple designations for implements early on.
For instance, my backhoe is known by B670 and KUW200.

JosephGozo

Equipment
Nov 25, 2014
Malta
👋

Hello from Sunny Malta,

I have decided to crack on and wing it in terms of measurements for the time being. I am working on the subframe at the moment. I am waiting for a 5gpm hydraulic pump (@1000rpm). Hopefully it will go up front since I have a splined crankshaft. I use gear oil SAE 80 in the axle and thought it would be better to have a separate hydraulic system using some UDT or hydraulic fluid as i am going for 1/4" lines. With the thought of making it detachable like the BF300 loader.

Engine, gearbox tunnel and axle braces = 8mm plates
Stiffener bar = 1/2" x 3"
Support for the uprights = 5" C channel

(More bracing will be added)

I am all about doing it right so if you notice something silly let me know.

Attachments

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
Dimensions:
b219 dimensions.jpg
B219 dim.jpg

Reactions: 1 users

JosephGozo

Equipment
Nov 25, 2014
Malta
Many thanks, i did come across a website/thread with the sizes of the cylinders but did not bookmark it. 28 1/4" fully extended and 17 1/4" retracted. Rod being 1.125" cylinder being 2" bore. Seems like all 4 cylinders are the same. On an online manual there is "13" cylinders" which refers to travel i guess.
will see. but these dimensions offer good help. Do not wish to make it to big with a too tall a reach increasing risks of overturning the tractor.

joe

JosephGozo

Equipment
Nov 25, 2014
Malta
Happy Christmas to all,
Pressing on here (despite the endless delays and other priorities) :D I am afraid it might be a tad on the heavy side for the little one :)

Attachments

JosephGozo

Equipment
Nov 25, 2014
Malta
2021 is here and I spent most of my Christmas recess fighting my way through with the loader. Sadly some machine shops keep holding me back. Waiting for bucket metal to be cut and curved and for the splines to be cut. :(

Attachments

JosephGozo

Equipment
Nov 25, 2014
Malta
Progress in early June - My friend with the metal shop managed to find a slot to bend the bucket for me. It was done in increments and varied angles with a press brake and not rollers. Waiting for the brackets to link the bucket to the arms. Hydraulic lines ready to be pressed/crimped.

:D

Attachments

JosephGozo

Equipment
Nov 25, 2014
Malta
Loader is in operational state :) no soil or manure have been dug up yet but still getting used to the controls and the extra feet up front! Spent some time playing around unloading IBC tanks :D

Attachments

Reactions: 2 users

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
Way to go! It looks great!
What is that interesting looking truck?

Lencho

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B7100hst
Jan 21, 2017
NM
Looks like a Land Rover pickup, maybe a 109?

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
***Current*** M6060HDC, MX6000HSTC & GL7000 ***Sold*** MX6000HST & BX25TLB
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
I've got nothing to add relevant to the discussion but just wanted to say to @JosephGozo that Malta and Gozo are amazing places. I spent three weeks there in 1985 with a Maltese special forces friend who I met in commercial diving school. His name was Joseph too! What an amazing experience it was. I've always wanted to go back and plan on doing just that one day.

Good luck on your build.

JosephGozo

Equipment
Nov 25, 2014
Malta
I've got nothing to add relevant to the discussion but just wanted to say to @JosephGozo that Malta and Gozo are amazing places. I spent three weeks there in 1985 with a Maltese special forces friend who I met in commercial diving school. His name was Joseph too! What an amazing experience it was. I've always wanted to go back and plan on doing just that one day.

Good luck on your build.
Malta and Gozo have changed dramatically... please do not linger so much about revisiting :( the ways of life of current age have destroyed what is / was appreciated by many like you. All that matters is blocks of apartments for Airbnb... rental and real estates... Farming and all sort of rural activity are being put aside by legislations imparted by the EU.... It is so over congested and overpopulated and full of greedy ppl, cost of living is rising by the month at the moment. i am always waking up to the sad realization that the joys of running a small holding as a hobby are coming to an end.

Well yes it is a stock 2.25 diesel NA 1977 Land rover 109 basic. also becoming a rarity on our roads.

Loader has been used a few times to spread manure and digging a small trench. welding held up. i just removed it (yesterday) since it was causing the engine to run hot while doing rotavator work. it is still painting :(

Attachments

• Sad

Vigo

Equipment
B6100, B8200
Jan 9, 2022
San Antonio Texas
Impressive build! I wasn't on this forum when you started but i have a B219 and it does appear that almost everything on yours is built larger or thicker than on the b219. I wouldn't be surprised if yours was much heavier.

As far as running hot, I'm not sure how you came to the conclusion of the loader causing that. The only thing likely to contribute to engine temp is the load of the hydraulic pump on the engine, but that should not be much when the loader valves are not being pulled. However, you did say 5gpm@1000rpm? If that spec was accurate, that means the pump would be flowing closer to 15gpm when the engine is revved up for rear PTO work. At 10-15gpm it becomes possible that the pressure hose from the pump to the valve set, or the size of the valve set itself, are causing a restriction to that amount of fluid flow, and causing the pump to have to make significant pressure just to flow the fluid in circles in the system. THAT could contribute a noticeable heat load to the engine since it would be present at all times just based on RPM.

So, if you suspect that is a possibility i would find your pump's flow at higher rpm (we are probably looking for 2800rpm but can extrapolate from some other closer number like 2000 or 3600) and the ID of the pressure hose to the valve set, and any details about the valve set itself so we can look for any issues in that part of the design that might make 'the loader cause the engine to overheat', which would normally be a very very unlikely thing.

And as usual i write a whole post before looking to see if the thread author has even been back since then.. nope.. But i will leave it here as a potential diagnostic aid for a future reader.

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901/LA525, B7200DT/B1630, G2160/RCK60, G2460/RCK60
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
Impressive build! I wasn't on this forum when you started but i have a B219 and it does appear that almost everything on yours is built larger or thicker than on the b219. I wouldn't be surprised if yours was much heavier.

As far as running hot, I'm not sure how you came to the conclusion of the loader causing that. The only thing likely to contribute to engine temp is the load of the hydraulic pump on the engine, but that should not be much when the loader valves are not being pulled. However, you did say 5gpm@1000rpm? If that spec was accurate, that means the pump would be flowing closer to 15gpm when the engine is revved up for rear PTO work. At 10-15gpm it becomes possible that the pressure hose from the pump to the valve set, or the size of the valve set itself, are causing a restriction to that amount of fluid flow, and causing the pump to have to make significant pressure just to flow the fluid in circles in the system. THAT could contribute a noticeable heat load to the engine since it would be present at all times just based on RPM.

So, if you suspect that is a possibility i would find your pump's flow at higher rpm (we are probably looking for 2800rpm but can extrapolate from some other closer number like 2000 or 3600) and the ID of the pressure hose to the valve set, and any details about the valve set itself so we can look for any issues in that part of the design that might make 'the loader cause the engine to overheat', which would normally be a very very unlikely thing.

And as usual i write a whole post before looking to see if the thread author has even been back since then.. nope.. But i will leave it here as a potential diagnostic aid for a future reader.
A word of caution - engine RPM and pump RPM are two different animals. Pumps driven off the engine camshaft are starting out at 1/2 engine RPM and gearing them up to engine speed is not trivial.

Dan

Vigo

Equipment
B6100, B8200
Jan 9, 2022
San Antonio Texas
Sure, but he was talking about attaching a pump to his crankshaft splines. That's why i assumed the pump would operate at crankshaft rpms. But it's entirely possible that something about that statement was a misunderstanding because a 5gpm @ 1000 rpm pump would stall a b7001 at 1000rpm if any load were placed on the hydraulics, and once revved up would probably make the loader very jerky/fast moving to the point i think a lot of people would complain about it. At this rate we'll never know what the truth was unless he gets an email notification and decides to pop back in.

I am waiting for a 5gpm hydraulic pump (@1000rpm). Hopefully it will go up front since I have a splined crankshaft.

Dieseldonato

Equipment
B7510 hydro, yanmar ym146, cub cadet 1450, 582,782
Mar 15, 2022
Pa
Sure, but he was talking about attaching a pump to his crankshaft splines. That's why i assumed the pump would operate at crankshaft rpms. But it's entirely possible that something about that statement was a misunderstanding because a 5gpm @ 1000 rpm pump would stall a b7001 at 1000rpm if any load were placed on the hydraulics, and once revved up would probably make the loader very jerky/fast moving to the point i think a lot of people would complain about it. At this rate we'll never know what the truth was unless he gets an email notification and decides to pop back in.
My uncle made the same mistake on a loader he built for a 12 hp wheel horse. Engine barely would when when he engaged the pto to drive the pump. Loader reacted more like a catapult the loader. Hit relief and the engine would flat out stall. Was really funny for me to see him try to use it.