dimensions for the Kubota B219 / B1630 loaders

JosephGozo

Equipment
Kubota B7001 + an ever growing list of attachments (restored / homemade) :(
Nov 25, 2014
Malta
Hello,
First of all I am quite sorry for not being present on this forum so much.

I have a B7001 which I am once again thinking about buying him / making him a loader.
I like the looks of the B219 and B1630 loaders.

I have found an online manual for the B219 which does not include dimensions. I would like to recreate the B219 for looks sake. It would be very nice and kind of you if you could drop down some measurements to help me stay on track. I know there are readily available plans and Youtube is laden with homemade loaders and such but i wondered if i could just stay within factory spec/limits.

I would be interested in the dimensions labelled : " A, D, I, J and H" in the attached image.

I have somehow obtained the dimensions of the hydraulic cylinders (1.125" rod x 2" bore x 13" travel) Hope that is correct.

Regards
Joseph
Malta

Attachments

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
1979 B7100DT Gear
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
Wow, I could have helped if you had posted yesterday or the day before, when I was with the tractor.
But now I'm home, 150mi away, and probably won't get back there for another week or two.
Hopefully someone else will chime in with the info you need, lots of B219 owners on the forum, and some B1630 owners as well.

Reactions: 1 user

JosephGozo

Equipment
Nov 25, 2014
Malta
Thanks,
It is a very very rare sighting here in Malta (little) and some do pop up for sale in the UK but transport costs are prohibitive. I am just doing research and i think i will go for the BF200/BF300 release mechanism.

Yesterday I came across an owner's manual of a K-80 (for b6100 and b7100), It looks robust and good on them! but have never seen any real life photos of it. Was that for the american market???

Regards
Joseph

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
1979 B7100DT Gear
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
Have not heard of a K-80, but it was common to have multiple designations for implements early on.
For instance, my backhoe is known by B670 and KUW200.

JosephGozo

Equipment
Nov 25, 2014
Malta
👋

Hello from Sunny Malta,

I have decided to crack on and wing it in terms of measurements for the time being. I am working on the subframe at the moment. I am waiting for a 5gpm hydraulic pump (@1000rpm). Hopefully it will go up front since I have a splined crankshaft. I use gear oil SAE 80 in the axle and thought it would be better to have a separate hydraulic system using some UDT or hydraulic fluid as i am going for 1/4" lines. With the thought of making it detachable like the BF300 loader.

Engine, gearbox tunnel and axle braces = 8mm plates
Stiffener bar = 1/2" x 3"
Support for the uprights = 5" C channel

(More bracing will be added)

I am all about doing it right so if you notice something silly let me know.

Attachments

JosephGozo

Equipment
Nov 25, 2014
Malta
Many thanks, i did come across a website/thread with the sizes of the cylinders but did not bookmark it. 28 1/4" fully extended and 17 1/4" retracted. Rod being 1.125" cylinder being 2" bore. Seems like all 4 cylinders are the same. On an online manual there is "13" cylinders" which refers to travel i guess.
will see. but these dimensions offer good help. Do not wish to make it to big with a too tall a reach increasing risks of overturning the tractor.

joe

JosephGozo

Equipment
Nov 25, 2014
Malta
Happy Christmas to all,
Pressing on here (despite the endless delays and other priorities) :D I am afraid it might be a tad on the heavy side for the little one :)

Attachments

JosephGozo

Equipment
Nov 25, 2014
Malta
2021 is here and I spent most of my Christmas recess fighting my way through with the loader. Sadly some machine shops keep holding me back. Waiting for bucket metal to be cut and curved and for the splines to be cut. :(

Attachments

JosephGozo

Equipment
Nov 25, 2014
Malta
Progress in early June - My friend with the metal shop managed to find a slot to bend the bucket for me. It was done in increments and varied angles with a press brake and not rollers. Waiting for the brackets to link the bucket to the arms. Hydraulic lines ready to be pressed/crimped.

:D

Attachments