Digging out from the big storm.

rkidd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650, FEL With QA 60"mmm, 3pt FDR1672,homemade ballast box, BB 1572 box scraper
Dec 7, 2015
Jefferson Ohio
Well the weatherman finally got it right! Forcasted 8-13", and we got 14"s with some 3ft drifts with all of the wind we had also. I live in the snow belt here in NE Ohio, but this was a everybody gets event. Surely needed the Kubota to dig out from this one! Also helped out several of the neighbors. I have only plowed one other time this season, a couple of inches which is unheard of around here by mid Janurary for sure. I was out for 3-4 hrs and actually turned 1000hrs on my B2650. Sure nice to have the loader which is what I always plow with and get all of the snow piled up out of the way. How did everybody else make out?

View attachment 40291

View attachment 40292

20190120_104523 (2).jpg

20190120_104543 (2).jpg

Last edited:

Grouse09

Equipment
B2650 Cab, snowblower, FEL, brush hog
Aug 24, 2016
Traverse City, MI
Northern Michigan here. Below zero temps and only 3”. We dodged the bullet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jmf78

Equipment
BX23S W/ Factory Deluxe Cab, 60" MMM, 60" BX-2612 Snow Blade & BX-2816 Blower
Nov 5, 2015
Edinboro, PA, USA
Hard to tell with all of the drifting. Probably at least a foot. I didn't fair to well, though. Blew a hydraulic line while plowing on Saturday. Had to have my neighbor come over with his John Deere with snow blower to clear my driveway.

Working on replacing the line right now. Boy do I wish I had an insulated and heated garage.

curly84

Mar 2, 2016
corry pa.
Well Northwest Pennsylvania 12 to 14 in had to have the neighbor come up with his pickup truck to plow my driveway my B 7800 sitting in the garage ready to plow snow just sitting there had to have rotator cuff surgery last Wednesday won't be doing any snow plowing probably be 6-8 weeks before I be able to do any snow plowing I probably could be out there before that but if the wife knew I was out there doing that while she was at work she would kick my ass then I would have to have my ass fixed

Sent from my SM-S727VL using Tapatalk

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
Hard to ascertain just what we got up here north of Toledo 15 miles but I'd say around 10" but lots of drifting and heavy wind. It's -6 here today, sunny and high pressure.

I feel for all you Kubby owners without a cab. never again for me. Always a cabin tractor now. Something about plowing snow in my Tee shirt that is nice....:eek:

I did about 2 miles of road and 4 drives plus the barnyard in about 3 hours yesterday.

Attachments

dalola

Equipment
BX2380 w/FEL & Woods RM48 RFM, Yazoo/Kees Max2 ZTR
Jun 30, 2017
Ohio
In Union Co., hard to say how much snow, due to the blowing & drifting. I'd guess 8-10". My second property down in Hocking Co. only a couple inches.

My main driveway is on a 6 degree slope for about 150 of the 200', fills up like a bowl with snow when the wind is just right. So, I woke up to 1'-3' of snow through much of my driveway yesterday morning. Ventured out about 10AM in 5F temps, and -15F wind chills, to start scooping with the BX.

Very happy with the performance of the BX & the urethane edge on the bucket, really makes quick work of clearing blacktop. This was the most snow I've had to clear since I bought it two summers ago.

My Honda walk-behind snow blower hasn't been started for 2 years! :D

T0pper3

Equipment
2120 Tractor,54in mower, snow blower.
Aug 30, 2018
Girard,Pa
We have had an easy winter up until this weekends storm. 14+ or- inches and so thankful I invested in a tractor and snow blower. Now I just need to learn what to do when a shear pin breaks, and to keep some extra's . Sure hope everyone keeps warm and gets past this cold snap.:)

rkidd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650, FEL With QA 60"mmm, 3pt FDR1672,homemade ballast box, BB 1572 box scraper
Dec 7, 2015
Jefferson Ohio
Hard to tell with all of the drifting. Probably at least a foot. I didn't fair to well, though. Blew a hydraulic line while plowing on Saturday. Had to have my neighbor come over with his John Deere with snow blower to clear my driveway.

Working on replacing the line right now. Boy do I wish I had an insulated and heated garage.
I am not far from you. I get over your way from time to time. I saw your post of your blown hydraulic line. That is a pain for sure. I ran equipment for a living and have had that happen numerous times over 38 yrs. I saw it all over the back of your tractor and the puddle on the ground. It is a real mess for sure. Hydraulic fluid is really tough to get cleaned up. Good luck getting the hose replaced and you tractor cleaned up.

DustyRusty

Equipment
2020 BX23S, BX2822 Snowblower, Curtis Deluxe Cab,
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
We got about 10" of snow in Northeastern CT, but then the rain started, and that produced about an inch of hard ice on top of the snow. My Kubota snow blower had a hard time of it trying to open up the driveway. Once I had one path down the middle, then took half bites on both sides, until it was clear. Switched over to the front mounted plow, and used the down pressure to clear it down to black pavement. Took about 4 hours of snow blowing to get everything opened up, and another 1 1/2 hours of scraping. This morning (8 degrees below zero) I got out there early, and pushed back all the edges, on the assumption that if this snow freezes hard, the driveway will get a lot narrower with the next snow storm. They are predicting rain and warm temperatures for Wednesday and Thursday, and with the ground frozen, there is going to be a lot of standing water that will freeze. Pushing back the edges of the driveway will help to eliminate the "flooding" on the driveway. Yesterday was one of the few times, that I wished that I still had my plow truck operational, because it would have made short work out of the heavy snow.

NoJacketRequired

Equipment
B7510 & LA302 FEL & B2782 blower, B7510 & B2781 blower, B2410 & B2550 blower
May 25, 2016
Ottawa, Ontario
Just heard on the news tonight that we set a record over a century in the making here over the weekend for the coldest temperature combined with the most snow. We got about a foot, with temps around -20C while it was snowing... and blowing.

The heater on the cab could hardly keep the windshield from icing up. The good news is the snow, when it's that cold, is so light and powdery that it blows like a charm. Unfortunately it also blows back on you quite easily! :)

Paluch1

Aug 28, 2018
Buffalo Ny
We got about 10" of snow in Northeastern CT, but then the rain started, and that produced about an inch of hard ice on top of the snow. My Kubota snow blower had a hard time of it trying to open up the driveway. Once I had one path down the middle, then took half bites on both sides, until it was clear. Switched over to the front mounted plow, and used the down pressure to clear it down to black pavement. Took about 4 hours of snow blowing to get everything opened up, and another 1 1/2 hours of scraping. This morning (8 degrees below zero) I got out there early, and pushed back all the edges, on the assumption that if this snow freezes hard, the driveway will get a lot narrower with the next snow storm. They are predicting rain and warm temperatures for Wednesday and Thursday, and with the ground frozen, there is going to be a lot of standing water that will freeze. Pushing back the edges of the driveway will help to eliminate the "flooding" on the driveway. Yesterday was one of the few times, that I wished that I still had my plow truck operational, because it would have made short work out of the heavy snow.

I went out there today and pushed the snowbanks back, they are calling 40s n rain mid week and cold and snow this weekend. Those snowbanks become blocks of ice easy and don't move

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
They were calling for 3 to 12 inches of snow,,,we got an inch of rain and a light dusting,, not to bad,, but BLOODY COLD :eek:

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
We got about 15”.
This was couple minutes ago at my morning coffee stop. Much colder north.

edritchey

Lifetime Member

Equipment
A bunch of cute little Kubotas
Jul 19, 2014
Wellsville, PA
We got a couple inches of snow here and single digits yesterday and this morning really sucks

They were calling for 3 to 12 inches of snow,,,we got an inch of rain and a light dusting,, not to bad,, but BLOODY COLD :eek: