Diesel Treatment

fatjay

Equipment
Kubota B8200, B7200, ZD21
Nov 12, 2016
Eastern PA, USA
For years i've been using diesel kleen centane booster and anti-gel. I had it in my diesel excursion since 04, so I started adding it to my kubota. No issues.

But I wondered if there was maybe a better product that others could recommend? I'm picking up fuel in my 55g drum for the winter and want to treat it.

pendoreille

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2620, fel, RB1560, Piranha Tooth Bar
Jan 2, 2015
Newport, WA
I have been using PS diesel kleen white bottle and gray bottle for 3 years and have had no problems summer or winter. Our temps got down to -19 F last winter. At that temp I do not have to plow to cold to snow. I do plow around +10 and have not had a problem. Sticking by it until it lets me down. I also have a block heater that I plug in for an hour or so if its cold. I tried it with out the block heater and it starts fine at 10 but it helps, does not cough and take so long to warm up.

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
I use Amsoil diesel conditioner in all my diesels including my 6.0. I've never had any fuel related issues winter or summer.

JeffL

Equipment
B7200E, B4200DT
Jan 8, 2016
North Central Ar.
Used the PS Diesel Kleen white (winter) bottle for 25+ years with excellent results. No problem starting outside in sub 0F weather. No long term effects as I typically keep a vehicle 15 years and accumulate over 250K miles. Powertrains are usually in great shape. The bodies take a beating from time and salt so we reach the wife's visual limit!
Run it in both Kubota's with same starting result. However, I am a fairly new K owner, ~3 yr, so I can only expect same durability.

My B4200, 2 cylinder, has a weak cylinder so I get a little gray smoke and vibration for 15-20 seconds at summer startup. Tried the summer PS in the gray bottle for the first time in the spring. Was very surprised the gray smoke and vibration was eliminated at cold start! Now a fan of PS summer! Jeff

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, B2650, Gator, Ingersoll mower
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
Just to add to the confusion Kubota also makes an additive, cetane booster, anti gel, injector cleaner. I got a bottle last year in a care pkg from my dealer, but I had already put a winter treatment, PS, in both tractors, so haven't tried it yet. Will try it this year. Don't know how cost compares.

Newlyme

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4900 w/loader, finish mower, tiller, auger, rake. BX24 w/loader, backhoe
May 27, 2015
Nelson Ohio USA
Anyone have experience with Opti-lube?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I ran Opti-lube for a few years when I had my Volkswagen Golfs with the High Pressure Fuel Pumps, (HPFP), for the lubricity. There was speculation that bad fuel and/or a bad HPFP design were the culprits for the numerous pump failures that ran into $7,000+ repairs. Opti-lube is rated 1st in studies for increasing lubricity among other things. I ran it from day one on both Golfs so I had no point of reference to say if it made a difference. But, I never had a fuel pump go. :)

Our Jetta TDI doesn't have the HPFP. And if our tractors had the common rail high pressure fuel system I would be using it for piece of mind.

Now I just use Power Service for anti gel in the winter and keeping the fuel system clean year round.

War Eagle

Equipment
2012 B3000HSDC and Allis Chalmer 5020
Jan 15, 2017
Nampa, Idaho
I ran Opti-lube for a few years when I had my Volkswagen Golfs with the High Pressure Fuel Pumps, (HPFP), for the lubricity. There was speculation that bad fuel and/or a bad HPFP design were the culprits for the numerous pump failures that ran into $7,000+ repairs. Opti-lube is rated 1st in studies for increasing lubricity among other things. I ran it from day one on both Golfs so I had no point of reference to say if it made a difference. But, I never had a fuel pump go. :)

Our Jetta TDI doesn't have the HPFP. And if our tractors had the common rail high pressure fuel system I would be using it for piece of mind.

Now I just use Power Service for anti gel in the winter and keeping the fuel system clean year round.
TCW3 2 cycle oil is also an excellent lubricity enhancer. Using it provides results within a few points of the results provided by Opti-Lube and for a lower cost. 1/2 ounce per gallon will do the trick. Been using TCW3 for years in my cummins. Never had to add any non gell product as the TCW3 seems to prevent gelling. I operate in temps as much as -20 degrees F and never had 1 gelling issue.

BR25004X4

Equipment
Kubota B6000 L3901
May 12, 2017
Columbus, NE
Anyone have experience with Opti-lube?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I used Opti-Lube XPD in my diesel Jetta TDI for 6 years started when I purchased the Jetta. Never any problems in winter or summer I was concerned about the HPFP some people were having issues with.
Now that I have sold the TDI and gone to a Jetta 1.8T I'll use the XPD in the fuel for my B6000 and see how it works this winter.