Diesel leak. Do I need the brass washer replaced? PIC INCLUDED

CountryBumkin

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2370 w/LA243, Bucket, Grapple, QA Pallet Forks, 60" MMM, rear blade & rake
Sep 27, 2015
Central FL
Another question. Hoping you guys can help me here.

I called Western Kentucky Tractor Parts and the lady said that her personal belief was that I was probably leaking from the fitting that screws to the pump.

After reading a little it seems that the fitting may be a flare fitted piece.

My question is, do you think that I could stop my leak by replacing the fitting?

Thank you in advance!
In your first post - the picture shows the fittings at the top of each delivery valve, that the parts lady is talking about (at least the ones I think she is referring to), and they are dry.

Last edited:

Big Trees

Aug 28, 2015
Texas
In your first post - the picture shows the fittings a the top of each delivery valve, the parts lady is talking about (at least the ones I think she is referring to), and they are dry.
Thank you for the reply. You bring up a good point. I assumed she and I were talking about the same part but maybe she was referring to the top (dry) connection while I was speaking of the lower (wet) connection. I thought I was very clear but maybe I should double check.

Thank you very much

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
Big Trees, just a word of caution, when you are working on the fuel system clean all the lines, connections and parts as clean as possible BEFORE starting to loosen anything. Use a cleaning solution then air dry to get all particles away from your work.

You're doing heart surgery. Don't let any bacteria in, or you have bigger problem then when you started.

Big Trees

Aug 28, 2015
Texas
D2CAT- Thank you very much for the words of wisdom. I will start to do that before hand each time. Unfortunately I think I have a bigger problem now.

I need to use the tractor for a little while so I was just going to use it with it leaking and keep an eye on it. Well, I just tightened up the fittings and fuel lines after bleeding the air out and something just isn't right with it.

It took a while to start up and it seems like it's running on one cylinder or something similar. I'm afraid I possibly scratched the valve when I was trying to remove it with the pliers. I'm afraid I may have to remove the pump and send it in to be serviced. Not sure when it'll get done as I don't have the extra funds for that right now.

I appreciate all of your help. I will post back when I'm able to make some progress. Thank you all very much.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
If you pull the pump out, you can send it to me, I'll fix it. ;)

Big Trees

Aug 28, 2015
Texas
NIW- That's very kind of you! I sure appreciate that. I do have to pull it because there's no way I can see myself getting it running correctly. I will send you a pm a little later today inquiring about pricing and so on.

I appreciate your help on the forum and in this case, off of the forum.

Thank you.