Dealer installed third function....now no hydraulics to BH92

L5460

Equipment
L5460, FEL, BH92, Rear Snowblower
Nov 8, 2016
Mb, Canada
A few weeks ago I had my dealer install a third function kit to my L5460 so I could use an angle adjustable front blade as well as a yet to be delivered grapple.

I have been led to believe it was a Kubota kit, for the most part it looks legit with the hoses and sleeves and such. One thing that is kind of odd is a push button switch attached to the stalk of the loader control with a hose clamp, doesn't look like a factory engineered piece to me. I was told this switch activates the control on the top of the loader joystick, the toggle that gives me the left/right motion of the blade.

When I received it back, I was told I don't have to connect the two hoses at the back that are normally joined when the backhoe is not there. I know in the manual, it specifically states that running the tractor with these not connected will wreck the pump. I was quite surprised at the drastic change in operation, but took it as something new to me and accepted the word of the dealer.

Tonight I needed to do some digging, so I pulled the 3 point hitch stuff off to connect up the hoe. Backed into place, shut off the tractor and connected the two lines. Fired up the tractor and tried to use the outriggers to lift the hoe onto the mounting points and nothing. Tried the cheesy button on and off, no change. The hoses to the hoe 'twitch' lightly when I move the controls, but it doesn't seem like there is any real flow or power there.

Needless to say I'm hugely disappointed as I use my weekends to get stuff done, and don't need to be taking steps backwards in functionality. I'm further disappointed in the fact that I asked for the documentation with the kit and received nothing. I can't even read up on it or view a hydraulic schematic.

Wondering if anyone has any insight into this problem?

Thanks in advance,

Steve

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Sound like the dealer installed the third function improperly.
It would seam that he has rerouted flow to the hydraulic system.

Normally a third function setup install will not change any of the original hydraulic operations.

Can you take some pictures?

lugbolt

Equipment
ZG127S-54
Oct 15, 2015
Mid, South, USA
The 3rd function kit's instructions are not very good, to put it lightly. An installer needs some basic hydraulic experience to figure it out. It works off of the power beyond circuit, which is the same circuit that the back hoe uses. So if they got something out of kilter with the 3rd function kit-which is real easy to do, IMO, it'll also affect the hoe.