Damaged SSQA plate, good lesson learned

chim

Equipment
L4240HSTC with FEL, Ford 1210
Jan 19, 2013
Near Lancaster, PA, USA
From the few videos I watched, the website isn't my cup of tea. More fun to see Matt, Paul or Bobby for me. They do apparently appeal to 94,000 other people though.

NorthwoodsLife

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B7100(sold), Kubota LX2610 Cab
Oct 15, 2021
Wisconsin
Hey, he's got his cowboy hat and thinks he's a farmer / rancher.

One can tell by his jerky loader operation and slow pace that he just learned what a tractor is.

I can watch a friend try to operate my tractor, or my grandkids, and accept all the jerkyness. A grown man in cowboy hat operating like that... I can't watch intentionally.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users

PA452

Equipment
B2650
Nov 8, 2015
Western PA
When I first came across that video I checked out the comments looking for hilarity. There wasn't much, but I saw at least one comment that implied they moved there from California..

Jasonized

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3902, LA526, box scraper, grapple, pallet forks, tree ripper, lane shark 3
May 16, 2023
California coast
Yes, but think of the idiot repair costs that keep dealers going…. Don’t you want to keep them in business, without of course, including your own wallet? 😁

Cathy Liebchen

Equipment
KUBOTA L3901, MX5800, MULE PRO FX, MULE PRO FXT
His old lady's arm looks like a funny book page.

I'm not against tattoos I have a few... but this new fad of young people getting full sleeves of ridiculous tattoos is just sad. especially women.... I think it looks trashy.

My company just hired a 20 year old girl .... still lives at home with her mommy... both arms random stupid tattoos everywhere... Inspirational quotes and writing.... terrible....

in 30 years she is gonna look like an old bagged out biker whore.

ok,
I'm officially old...... bitching about the younger generation... :LOL::LOL::ROFLMAO::poop:
She is quite attractive

IMG_2741.jpeg

• Love
Reactions: 1 user

GrizBota

Equipment
L3830HST/LA724, B2601/LA435/RCK54-32, RCR1872, CDI 66”grapple, pallet forks
Apr 26, 2023
Oregon
I’ll give the guy props for sharing so that maybe he spares another newbie a similar fate. It does look like he’s pretty new to FEL operation as well as how to use the quick release system (rolls the forks all the way back to operate the levers). There is no substitute for experience, although being careful and slow can help.

He’s much more tolerant about the laughter than I would have been. But the lady’s arms do look like she can hold her own.💪

The first real usage of my grapple, I had a stick come thought the quick attach plate and push one of the two levers up and attempt to detach one side. I was anticipating some such shenanigans, so I was watching and was able to manhandle the grapple, pull the stick out and re set the quick attach lever and pin. But if I hadn’t, there’s a fair chance I’d have torn off the hydraulic lines with the 600 lb grapple falling off shortly thereafter. Not quite as funny as this guy dropping the 200 lb forks on the other side of the fence.

Reactions: 1 users

DustyRusty

Equipment
2020 BX23S, BX2822 Snowblower, Curtis Deluxe Cab,
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
If people would just take the time to read the instruction manuals that come with the machine, they might not make some stupid mistakes. People make a living off of making Youtube videos, and even when they do stupid things and videotape them for the public to watch, they are making money. I have seen some really stupid "informational videos" on youtube that could lead to loss of life or severe injury, but these videos continue because there is no guidance as to what is safe and correct. Viewers should be allowed to give a thumbs up or down without having to register and jump through hoops to do so. If a video got too many thumbs down, it would be removed. Let the public decide.