Daily Chuckle

Mark_BX25D

Equipment
Bx25D
Jul 19, 2020
Virginia
It all depends on the type of battery. Yes, some do generate electricity chemically.
Even those require energy to manufacture them, and surprise, surprise, the 2nd law of thermodynamics says you can't get out more than you put in, and it doesn't matter how you put it in, you can't get out more than you put in. (Actually, you can't even get that much back out. There are always losses.)

HOW they get that energy does not change that. Manufacturing chemicals which are then placed in a container and react to create electricity is not creating power. It's just another way of storing it.

So she's correct. Batteries store energy. Period. They do not create energy. That's essentially the definition of a battery.

Last edited:

mikester

Equipment
M59 TLB
Oct 21, 2017
Canada
www.divergentstuff.ca
It all depends on the type of battery. Yes, some do generate electricity chemically. But most of the one used in hybrid and EV cars only store energy. That energy that comes from gas, coal, nuclear, solar, wind, etc. So unless you specifically charge those batteries from solar or wind, they are not zero emission.
LOL ok Lisa

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
The batteries in EVs only 'transfer' energy NOT 'create' it. The proEVers want you to see then as 'clean' without considering just WHERE and HOW do they get their new electrons from. usually overnight plugged into a $$ wall outlet.

Reactions: 1 users

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
Only in Ireland! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
That ain't just Ireland. Buddy worked for Ford back in the mid 90's. He had a limo come in for repairs and service.

Coworker was goofing around in the back of the limo, reached his hand between the seats and pulled out a vibrater.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
I use to tell them at the place where we got the Govt. cars serviced, if you find a Glock mag, you can keep it. When they got done it looked like no one had ever sat in that car!

Last edited by a moderator:

Mark_BX25D

Equipment
Bx25D
Jul 19, 2020
Virginia
Coworker was goofing around in the back of the limo, reached his hand between the seats and pulled out a vibrater.

Back in the mid-80s I installed car phones for a living. Lots of interesting things under the seats.

Once you pull things apart to run cables, you find out how well a car is made. I found out that the average limo is JUNK.

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
I was wondering about the ball cap, so now with a bud lite, I am not sure I want to know what is behind that can.
These days you never quite know if it's a tuck 🫣🫣🫣🫣 Glad I'm married 👍👍👍

My wife wears a ball cap on occasion. Out on a boat, in a convertible, or on a screw it day, I'm not messing with my hair 😂🤣😂🤣🤣

Fordtech86

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200
Aug 7, 2018
Pineville,LA
Only in Ireland! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
yeah it’s not just over there 😂 I never say I’ve seen it all, the next customer will prove that wrong 😂 I do a lot of interior electrical and hvac, never know what you will see (or what customers will pay you to find 😲)