Daily Chuckle

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Reminds me back in the early 90’s I was training a young lady to run an even then antiquated accounting system for an insurance company. To enter a payment you signed on to the mainframe via a CRT which gave you a blank screen. You had to memorize a bunch of codes to go through the screens to enter payments. Of course we used acronyms for everything and the codes to access the various screens were acronyms. Entering a payment was referred to as “entry”. All made logical sense to me.

Not long into the training, this young female trainee asks, “Who the hell was the man who wrote this program??” Told her I didn’t know and didn’t understand why she was asking. She said, “Because to do my job I go to the PMS program and do entry on the PUSC screen.” Told her I still didn’t get why going to the Policy Update Statistical Screen in the Policy Maintenance System was a problem. She said, “Doing entry on the PUSC screen. Pronounce it and see if you can figure out why I’m sure the guy that wrote this is somewhere laughing his ass off.” I pronounced it (thankfully not out loud). Told her thanks, I’ll never be able to look at that the same way again.
I dont get it

armylifer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX1860, FEL, RCK54P MMM, BB1548 Box Scraper, Quick Hitch, Piranha Bar, BX6315
Mar 26, 2013
Thurston County, WA
Pronounce pusc, put it in the sentence about doing entry, and maybe you will… He may not be getting any pusc at home.
Pronounce pusc, put it in the sentence about doing entry, and maybe you will… 🤷‍♂️
He may not be getting any pusc. That would cloud the brain.

Reactions: 1 user