D750 Engine cooling

dunk

Equipment
ZB6001
Sep 21, 2009
Aberdeen, Scotland
Hi, this is probably a very stupid question, however, does the D750 engine from a B7100 have a water pump fitted? If it does where is it and if not how does it work? Thanks again. Duncan.

aquaforce

Equipment
L245DT FEL, JD450 Track loader, 5' scrape blade&mower, 5x10 trailer, Dump truck
Apr 22, 2009
Stockbridge, Ga. USA
There is NO water pump!!!!!!!!!!!!!
That system is designed for WATER ONLY!!!!!!!!!!

The system has many names; perk, thermal differention, syphon, *&%$#@!!!!!!!!! :D:D:D:D

With water, the system is quite stable at 212° and needs a good seal on the system to retain pressure. Antifreeze resists boiling which also slows water movement. While water is boiling in the system the water moves rapidly just like water in a pan that is boiling.
Because it uses water the system is in constant need of topping off.

KEEP IT FULL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! or you will crack the head!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ask me how I know:mad::mad: http://www.orangetractortalks.com/forums/showthread.php?t=434

handyman

Equipment
Kubota B7100HST-E
Sep 18, 2009
Dayton,Tn.
dunk better listen to aquaforce and killerbee on that one. I also have B7100 aquaforce or ob1 jump in on this. I mixed 50/50 water and antifreeze no more than 50 would this be ok as long as dunk and myself keep it topped off with water?

Lucky

Equipment
B7100dt and b6001
Feb 17, 2009
Northwoods, WI
According to my manuals, a 50/50 mix will work well, although you can use just water if you live in a southern climate. A 50/50 mix does allow for higher operating temperatures during hot weather, but it also provides important cold weather protection. When you top off the radiator, use water only. I have always run mine this way and it works great. The most important thing to remember is to always keep your radiator clear of debris. This will prevent over-heating.

dunk

Equipment
ZB6001
Sep 21, 2009
Aberdeen, Scotland
Thanks for all the great advise, just wish the person that I got this engine from had asked the same question. As the head has a big crack in it right next to the core plug at the fuel tank end. Thought the plug would have gone before the cast. Lucky it did not cost me to get the engine. Found a head on ebay from a breaker in England nice and cheep. And hope to learn some engine building skills over the winter. I am sure I will have lots of questions to ask in the future or if you have any tips! my moto is every days a school day. Thank you all. Duncan
PS is it pos to add a water pump, or is that another stupid question.

Theekillerbee

Jun 28, 2009
Pleasant View UT, USA
The only stupid question is the one that doesn't get asked! I guess you could rig up some type of pump, perhaps even a 12v pump, but I don't know that you'd find one rated for that kind of duty. Maybe someone else has seen a pump that fits one of those little beasts.

aquaforce

Equipment
Apr 22, 2009
Stockbridge, Ga. USA
T my moto is every days a school day. Thank you all. Duncan
PS is it pos to add a water pump, or is that another stupid question.

Nice healthy moto!!!;)

I believe the only stupid question is if you already know the answer. If you don't know the answer then it is school time :D:D;);)

Anyway.......... I am going to log some temps with mine after I get it going. Since there is no temp guage I have installed a temp kit to watch temps and will see how it does with water only, 50/50 mix and then with "wetter".
If I am not satisfied with the temp control using 50/50 mix then my plans are to use an electric circulation pump in the lower radiator hose, that is controlled by a thermal sender. This way I can have adequate heat for the oil and cooling for the head. ;)

Attachments

dunk

Equipment
ZB6001
Sep 21, 2009
Aberdeen, Scotland
That electric pump sounds great, a bit above my skill level. Let me know how you get on with it as I would like to do something like that. Get it right and you could sell the idea! All the best. Duncan.

Kytim

Equipment
B6000DT, B7100DT,Snowplow, RM360, Scoop, Cultivator, Carryall,Disk, plow
Aug 14, 2009
Western Ky
Hello all, I'd like to jump in here to ask a similar cooling, or lack of freezing question. what about a block heater in the d750 for those of us in colder winter climate periods? I would like to "plug 'er in" during freezing times. I'd like to have the ol' girl ready in the winter for plowing snow and playing and such, I'm just a big kid who still plays with his tractors!:D

thx, tim

aquaforce

Equipment
Apr 22, 2009
Stockbridge, Ga. USA
Hello all, I'd like to jump in here to ask a similar cooling, or lack of freezing question. what about a block heater in the d750 for those of us in colder winter climate periods? I would like to "plug 'er in" during freezing times. I'd like to have the ol' girl ready in the winter for plowing snow and playing and such, I'm just a big kid who still plays with his tractors!:D

thx, tim
I think a block heater would work fine. It could also stay in a heated shed.
Some here use a 50/50 mix and it does fine for them in winter months. The temp would go up with antifreeze but I haven't logged exactly how much yet.

Lucky

Equipment
B7100dt and b6001
Feb 17, 2009
Northwoods, WI
Good luck finding a block heater, it seems as though Kubota has discontiued it for the b7100. Maybe you could find an aftermarket that would be just the right length. I ended up putting in an inline heater for the coolent. It was a tight fit, but works great.

stuart

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B7001 with loader & tiller, 3 point hitch and 4' rear blade
Aug 9, 2009
Aldergrove, BC, Canada
I use a magnetic heater. About the only place with enough flat space is the left side of the oil pan.

I don't use a timer, I have a temperature controlled power block I picked up from the ag section of the local co-op. They have them in various settings, if I remember correctly mine turns the power on at an air temp of about 25F, off again at about 30F.

If I know for sure that I won't be using the beast then I leave it unplugged.

I used to use the power switches for the heat lamps in the chicken pens.