Cylinder Linear/Sleeve Information D950 Engine

jimybud

Equipment
D950
Jan 22, 2012
Springfield,il
I have a D950 Kubota Engine that i am considering rebuilding.

I would like to install new linears as part of the process.

Are the replacement sleeves the proper size to recieve a piston or will I have to have them machined once pressed into the block?

I am trying to avoid having to remove the engine from the tractor.

Any information would be appreciated.

The part number of the li
near is 15531-02310.

kuboman

Dec 6, 2009
Canada
I have a D950 Kubota Engine that i am considering rebuilding.

I would like to install new linears as part of the process.

Are the replacement sleeves the proper size to recieve a piston or will I have to have them machined once pressed into the block?

I am trying to avoid having to remove the engine from the tractor.

Any information would be appreciated.

The part number of the li
near is 15531-02310.
I don't think these engines are what they call a sleeved engine. I believe that removing and installing the sleeves is an involved difficult process. I am no expert and someone else will chime in soon.

jimybud

Equipment
D950
Jan 22, 2012
Springfield,il
I am sure that I will be able to remove the sleeves, but i am more focused on the replacement sleeve and whether it has to be machined.

I am hoping that I can find some that are already the prescribed bore size-75mm inside diameter.

I do not want to remove the engine from the tractor.

jimybud

Equipment
D950
Jan 22, 2012
Springfield,il
I found the below thread within this forum and it was very helpful.

http://www.orangetractortalks.com/forums/showthread.php?t=434&highlight=liner

I am still curious as to why there inside diameter of these dry liners would not be the correct size. Why once the liners were installed they still have to be machined to size.

This thread mentions that the even before the liners where pressed into the cylinder block the pistons would NOT fit inside them.

I thought I found a parts seller on the internet that sold liners that were the correct inside diameter. I will take another look.

eserv

Equipment
BX24, A1000 Kubota Generator
May 27, 2009
Hardisty, Alberta
below is the web site and product details for a finished liner.

http://www.originalbest.com/enquiry.asp?ename=KUBOTA&offset=12&model=&oem=
Because the finished dimension of a Kubota sleeve is so thin (1mm) it is impossible to get them fitted with enough "interference" if you use a so called finished sleeve. You can buy finished sleeves and install them, but all that is holding the sleeve in there is friction so it will never be as secure as a unfinished sleeve that is then bored to the correct dimension.
Ed

Reactions: 1 user

bentbucket

Equipment
L2350 kubota tractor D1102A engine
Jan 13, 2024
Stinnett Texas
I found the below thread within this forum and it was very helpful.

http://www.orangetractortalks.com/forums/showthread.php?t=434&highlight=liner

I am still curious as to why there inside diameter of these dry liners would not be the correct size. Why once the liners were installed they still have to be machined to size.

This thread mentions that the even before the liners where pressed into the cylinder block the pistons would NOT fit inside them.

I thought I found a parts seller on the internet that sold liners that were the correct inside diameter. I will take another look.
If you call that number is some kind of business to start a ad,I to am looking for finished sleeves for a l2350 kubota with a D1102A engine any help would be greatly appreciated

bentbucket

Equipment
Jan 13, 2024
Stinnett Texas
I am sure that I will be able to remove the sleeves, but i am more focused on the replacement sleeve and whether it has to be machined.

I am hoping that I can find some that are already the prescribed bore size-75mm inside diameter.

I do not want to remove the engine from the tractor.
If you call that number is some kind of business to start a ad,I to am looking for finished sleeves for a l2350 kubota with a D1102A engine any help would be greatly appreciated
If you have any information please send a PM (mod edit email removed)

Last edited by a moderator:

sitric

Equipment
L2850DT Ferguson TO35
Jan 13, 2023
Michigan
bentbucket, this thread is over 11 years old.

Last edited by a moderator:

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
If you have any information please send a PM (mod edit email removed)
No one makes finished sleeves for these engines.
You will need to have semi finished sleeves installed and have them bored to size.

bentbucket

Equipment
Jan 13, 2024
Stinnett Texas
bentbucket, this thread is over 11 years old.
Is there a replacement sleeve for D1102 that's ready to go in without having to be bored if so please tell me where to order it,I bought a in frame overhaul kit but you have to bore the sleeves what good is that?no
No one makes finished sleeves for these engines.
You will need to have semi finished sleeves installed and have them bored to size.
So I guess there's not a so called in frame overhaul kit?

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901/LA525, B7200DT/B1630, G2160/RCK60, G2460/RCK60
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
Is there a replacement sleeve for D1102 that's ready to go in without having to be bored if so please tell me where to order it,I bought a in frame overhaul kit but you have to bore the sleeves what good is that?no

Vendors often make inaccurate claims.

I have no experience with a D950 but I have installed prefinished .040 (1mm) wall sleeves in Fords. Interference on them is .001/.002. I even make and sell an installation tool for them. Without a full length support they are easy to break and/or deform....

Dan

IMG_1157.jpg

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID

No not really.
One other aspect, in order to pull the crank and do crank bearings it requires the crank to be pulled out the back.
So you need to pull the motor to do that, and crank seals.
Pulling the motor on a L2350 is a walk in the park.

Reactions: 1 user