Current protests and rioting

motionclone

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L345DT with Lp mower, forks and grapple thumb, Bobcat 337 Midi Ex
May 4, 2018
Maine
Interesting study on BLM protests and how they negatively affect the black community.

"Police become skittish following viral, racially-charged police misconduct investigations, leading to reluctance to protect black neighborhoods"

"The study found that homicides and felonies spike immediately after the reported events in question, crime that hits black communities the hardest."

https://justthenews.com/government/...-people-die-result-police-pullbacks-following

Last edited:

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
Re: Daily Chuckle

This year is flying by. It is riot season already? I still have me corona decorations up.

Reactions: 1 user

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
Interestingly, they learned in Detroit, all the 'protests were peaceful for the most part. Detroiters learned that when you burn your hones and businesses, they stand there for 50 years for you to look at.........

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
I have 'Saint Floyd' overload. He's about a saintly as a dog turd.

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
So true. Even 20 years ago.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Reactions: 1 user

RonBoyBX25D

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650, LP Grapple, Bro-Tek spacers, QH, Box Blade, Landscape Rake, RB, and 1560G
Aug 1, 2015
Minneapolis, MN
We are so smart in MN, that the Minneapolis city council committed to defund the police...no real plan on how they were going to make the changes & keep everyone safe. Glad I am out in the burbs where our police and sheriff are appreciated.

motionclone

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L345DT with Lp mower, forks and grapple thumb, Bobcat 337 Midi Ex
May 4, 2018
Maine
Pretty sick of seeing "people" openly violent and breaking the laws and intimidating normal people with pretty much no consequenses oh and equally hate the politicians , celebrities etc that support this animal like behavior.

I need to possibly travel out of state for a purchase and ill be damned if im getting caught up in some mob on the streets, im hitting the gas.

Magicman

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4900 Utility Special 4WD e/w FEL & 1530 John Deere "Traveling Man"
Oct 8, 2019
Brookhaven, MS
knotholesawmill.com
The lawlessness is out of control and all indications are that is will become worse. We are in a sad scarry situation.

lugbolt

Equipment
ZG127S-54
Oct 15, 2015
Mid, South, USA
one of the first few days of it I was running through town. Bunch of the "protestors" stormed my truck, about 15 of them, 4 of them came up to the windows chanting whatever they were chanting. They were calling me racist slurs, etc etc. A few of them standing in front of my truck chanting while the news people were there filming-and telling them to do more. I have this all on video and have shared it with others, although it seems that nobody believes it happened.

The second point is this. These protesters (and the lawless rioters/looters/murders/arsonists/etc) aren't doing themselves or their people any favors by doing what they're doing. If they wanted peace, do you think that they'd set a better example rather than burning police cars, businesses, etc? What I'm saying is that the black community wants the white folk to treat them equally, yet the black community (led by the BLM, and others) are destroying businesses, stealing TV's, burning cops and cars and buildings, threatening to defund police (which is stupid in itself), throwing rocks and other debris at those who are trying to tone things down.....what image does that give the BLM? Terrorists? Think about that. Next time you're in a grocery store getting apples or whatever and a few loud african-american folks show up, do you feel as comfortable with them as you would if they were Caucasian?

So it's not just white on black racism, it's both ways. I see a difference in the two. Until both sides decide to let racism die, it's here to stay, unfortunately. I work with the public on a daily basis and I don't treat anyone any differently than anyone else, period. Never have, never will. But it still amazes me that a black customer will act like I've overcharged because of their skin color which is simply not true. It hurts that they'll do that. Just breaks my heart-and that's the truth.

Reactions: 1 users

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
one of the first few days of it I was running through town. Bunch of the "protestors" stormed my truck, about 15 of them, 4 of them came up to the windows chanting whatever they were chanting. They were calling me racist slurs, etc etc. A few of them standing in front of my truck chanting while the news people were there filming-and telling them to do more. I have this all on video and have shared it with others, although it seems that nobody believes it happened.

The second point is this. These protesters (and the lawless rioters/looters/murders/arsonists/etc) aren't doing themselves or their people any favors by doing what they're doing. If they wanted peace, do you think that they'd set a better example rather than burning police cars, businesses, etc? What I'm saying is that the black community wants the white folk to treat them equally, yet the black community (led by the BLM, and others) are destroying businesses, stealing TV's, burning cops and cars and buildings, threatening to defund police (which is stupid in itself), throwing rocks and other debris at those who are trying to tone things down.....what image does that give the BLM? Terrorists? Think about that. Next time you're in a grocery store getting apples or whatever and a few loud african-american folks show up, do you feel as comfortable with them as you would if they were Caucasian?

So it's not just white on black racism, it's both ways. I see a difference in the two. Until both sides decide to let racism die, it's here to stay, unfortunately. I work with the public on a daily basis and I don't treat anyone any differently than anyone else, period. Never have, never will. But it still amazes me that a black customer will act like I've overcharged because of their skin color which is simply not true. It hurts that they'll do that. Just breaks my heart-and that's the truth.
Was that the first night of protests in Conway when some businesses lost there windows?