Creeps, B2620 HYD doesn’t center

ItBmine

Equipment
B2620, RTV-X1100C
Jan 21, 2014
Canada
Now those are valuable posts Wolfman! Thank you on behalf of those in need.

RQJ

Equipment
Kubota B2620
Dec 17, 2020
Maine
Just got home from Kubota, no dealer around has parts so they figure a week. Wolfman you saved the day for sure, I appreciate the help from everyone,

Reactions: 1 user

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
I'm not understanding that drawing. There are two nuts that thread onto the bolt (#110)? The spring appears to be an extension spring not a compression spring. How does the spring attach, and how do the nuts adjust it?
The spring attaches to the U shaped rod, and to the top of the bolt, and the nuts pull the bolt down putting spring tension on the U shaped rod.
If you look at his picture you see 2 dimples in the rod, that keeps the spring from walking off the ends of the U rod.

Reactions: 1 users

RQJ

Equipment
Kubota B2620
Dec 17, 2020
Maine
I did see the dimples on shaft for spring, Will experiment on how much tension needed, having some mechanical knowledge I wonder how all 4 parts disappeared, even if jam nuts loosened it would take some time to back off enough to fall off. I bet it was missing since I purchased, have always had to screw around with pedal. Thanks again Wolfman, I can’t wait to see how it operates with new parts.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
I did see the dimples on shaft for spring, Will experiment on how much tension needed, having some mechanical knowledge I wonder how all 4 parts disappeared, even if jam nuts loosened it would take some time to back off enough to fall off. I bet it was missing since I purchased, have always had to screw around with pedal. Thanks again Wolfman, I can’t wait to see how it operates with new parts.
Both of the nuts go under the bracket, not one on top and one on bottom of the bracket.
You set the upper nut to adjust tension on the spring, then use the second nut to lock to the nut above it so it doesn't back off.

So if the spring breaks the eye bolt just falls down, nothing left to hold it in place.

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
Both of the nuts go under the bracket, not one on top and one on bottom of the bracket.
You set the upper nut to adjust tension on the spring, then use the second nut to lock to the nut above it so it doesn't back off.

So if the spring breaks the eye bolt just falls down, nothing left to hold it in place.
But you could put a flat washer and nut one one side and the same on the other side of the bracket, and then if an ear of the spring failed the bolt and nuts would remain in place?

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
But you could put a flat washer and nut one one side and the same on the other side of the bracket, and then if an ear of the spring failed the bolt and nuts would remain in place?
Yes but it sort of defeats the "float" and free spin of the e-bolt to cut down on bind and wear of the spring and arm.

RQJ

Equipment
Kubota B2620
Dec 17, 2020
Maine
That would explain why it disappeared with both nuts under bracket if spring broke, interesting the “float” that Wolfman mentioned, will need to get my head around that, will know better when I install it, assume spring will be under tension all the time or it would disconnect and I would be in same situation, I guess my question is, how can bolt float if under constant tension ?

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
That would explain why it disappeared with both nuts under bracket if spring broke, interesting the “float” that Wolfman mentioned, will need to get my head around that, will know better when I install it, assume spring will be under tension all the time or it would disconnect and I would be in same situation, I guess my question is, how can bolt float if under constant tension ?
The angle of the pull changes as it's stretched this a floating pin works better, and yes at rest it's under some tension, as that's what holds it in neutral.

RQJ

Equipment
Kubota B2620
Dec 17, 2020
Maine
That explains it, can’t wait for this tractor find neutral on its own,

RQJ

Equipment
Kubota B2620
Dec 17, 2020
Maine
10C9F311-6806-4BAF-B57F-A9C2A1BA162E.jpeg

Update, my adjuster finally showed up, got the scoop from mechanic at Kubota shop on initial tensioning, going in

RQJ

Equipment
Kubota B2620
Dec 17, 2020
Maine
All good now, peddle doesn’t float around anymore and seems to seek neutral, definitely feel the tension from new spring, wish I had fixed it three years ago, thank you to everyone that helped me figure this out.