Creeping Speed Transmission

Guitfiddle

Equipment
B6100DT
Nov 17, 2015
Dartmouth, NS, Canada
I'm about to install a creeping speed transmission add-on onto my B6100 to give me three extra low forward speeds and an extra low reverse speed. I want this for tilling and blowing snow. I find it moves too fast in first gear when working in tight quarters.

Anybody have the operators manual for this? Wouldn't you know it, one just sold on eBay. Just missed it.

Anybody on here installed one? I know it was a factory installed option, so likely not many have, but you never know until you ask.

Thanks!

coachgeo

Equipment
L225 w/woods Few Mowers & Back Blade, D722 in Motorcycle (Triumph Tiger), LMTV
Nov 16, 2012
Southern OH
I'm about to install a creeping speed transmission add-on onto my B6100 to give me three extra low forward speeds and an extra low reverse speed. I want this for tilling and blowing snow. I find it moves too fast in first gear when working in tight quarters.

Anybody have the operators manual for this? Wouldn't you know it, one just sold on eBay. Just missed it.

Anybody on here installed one? I know it was a factory installed option, so likely not many have, but you never know until you ask.

Thanks!
From what you describe I'm guessing this is an Option in some countries; while a factory installed norm in others. Which hints the manual you need is from Grey Market tractor; equivalent to yours, that has that feature installed. Which also hints that such manual will be Japanese, Korean orrr if your lucky Australian?

It well may be possible this was never an "official" Option, but instead something a Kubota Guru; not employed by Kubota, made available from Grey Tractor Parts resource from overseas. The Guro then sold them as an "unofficial" option not available thru Kubota in North America and elsewhere...... If that is the case it's going to get harder to find a manual cause it means no "official" Option manual ever existed. That will mean your back to square one looking for a Grey Market Manual that is not in English.

Last edited:

Dave_eng

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M7040, Nuffield 465
Oct 6, 2012
Williamstown Ontario Canada
On much larger tractors, when you purchase the creeper gear option you are warned that is is not to be used for any heavy work. If you do put a load on it it will break.
Its purpose was to slow the tractor down for certain planting operations only.
Before you go too far make certain you fully understand what you ate getting.
Dave M7040

Guitfiddle

Equipment
B6100DT
Nov 17, 2015
Dartmouth, NS, Canada
From what you describe I'm guessing this is an Option in some countries; while a factory installed norm in others. Which hints the manual you need is from Grey Market tractor; equivalent to yours, that has that feature installed. Which also hints that such manual will be Japanese, Korean orrr if your lucky Australian?

It well may be possible this was never an "official" Option, but instead something a Kubota Guru; not employed by Kubota, made available from Grey Tractor Parts resource from overseas. The Guro then sold them as an "unofficial" option not available thru Kubota in North America and elsewhere...... If that is the case it's going to get harder to find a manual cause it means no "official" Option manual ever existed. That will mean your back to square one looking for a Grey Market Manual that is not in English.
Thanks for the reply. The creeping speed transmission came from the factory installed on tractors that were sold with a trencher. There are a bunch of threads on here from guys that have them on theirs. Some of those threads have pictures. I have seen pictures of the manual in English. I would like to find a copy.

Guitfiddle

Equipment
B6100DT
Nov 17, 2015
Dartmouth, NS, Canada
On much larger tractors, when you purchase the creeper gear option you are warned that is is not to be used for any heavy work. If you do put a load on it it will break.
Dave M7040
Thanks Dave. It came on tractors that were sold new with a trencher. I have read posts from guys that love using it for tilling.

It looks VERY heavy duty for the size of the tractor. The gears, shafts etc. are all heavy duty. I will search some more about recommended uses. Thanks again.

007kubotaguy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B7100DT L245DT JD 2355
Dec 23, 2012
Herald Calif.
Hello
The creep speed transmission was dealer installed. They are vary easy to install. Basically remove transmission cover and replace with creep transmission. 30 years ago the B 7100 with a trencher was a vary popular tractor in all the rental yards in my area. I have never seen a problem with them.
Good Luck Lance

Guitfiddle

Equipment
B6100DT
Nov 17, 2015
Dartmouth, NS, Canada
Hello
The creep speed transmission was dealer installed. They are vary easy to install. Basically remove transmission cover and replace with creep transmission. 30 years ago the B 7100 with a trencher was a vary popular tractor in all the rental yards in my area. I have never seen a problem with them.
Good Luck Lance
Thanks a lot Lance. It does look like a very simple installation, as you describe. The manual has a handy parts list.

coachgeo

Equipment
L225 w/woods Few Mowers & Back Blade, D722 in Motorcycle (Triumph Tiger), LMTV
Nov 16, 2012
Southern OH
Thanks for the reply. The creeping speed transmission came from the factory installed on tractors that were sold with a trencher. There are a bunch of threads on here from guys that have them on theirs. Some of those threads have pictures. I have seen pictures of the manual in English. I would like to find a copy.
Now that makes since. Glad to hear it was not a Grey Market swap in part.

jrslick

Jan 13, 2013
Clay Center, Kansas
Not sure how it works either. I have never been able to get it to work. I am not sure what handles need to be where or hoses plugged into what? One thing I know for sure is that when I plug in the hydraulic hose to the quick release on the top, the 3 point arms don't work. I try to plug it in and move the handle every month or so to make sure it doesn't lock up.

The previous owner of the tractor had no idea what it was. He said it was a auxillary hydraulic. I came on here and found out what it was.

If you find a copy, let me know.

Jay

Guitfiddle

Equipment
B6100DT
Nov 17, 2015
Dartmouth, NS, Canada
If you find a copy, let me know.

Jay
I will. I just missed buying one on eBay. As soon as I get a chance, I'm going to try installing it. Mine still has all of the labels on it, so I will know where the levers need to be to get the gear I want. If yours is missing the labels I can take some pics for you. I'll need to do some trial and error with the hoses I expect, if a manual doesn't turn up.

nave.lb

Equipment
B7100-D backhoe/loader & B7100HST-D W/tiller/box/auger
Sep 5, 2022
kansas
I will. I just missed buying one on eBay. As soon as I get a chance, I'm going to try installing it. Mine still has all of the labels on it, so I will know where the levers need to be to get the gear I want. If yours is missing the labels I can take some pics for you. I'll need to do some trial and error with the hoses I expect, if a manual doesn't turn up.
Did you ever come up with a manual or do you possibly have pictures of the creeper labels?

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
***Current*** M6060HDC, MX6000HSTC & GL7000 ***Sold*** MX6000HST & BX25TLB
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
Dave M7040
I added Creep range to the M6060 soon after I bought it. Why Creep can't be used to load/unload the tractor onto a truck or trailer is beyond me. It can be used for "deep rotary tilling and harrowing" but not for "entering and leaving a field". It makes no sense at all.

creep_range.jpg

Peregrine Foxfire

Apr 17, 2021
Palermo, ME
On a related note, I am looking to buy a new tractor and my preferred model for my needs is the M5660SUHD. I was ready to pull the trigger at the dealer when I found out that this model cannot have a creep gear installed. Does anyone know why? The other M60 models (M6060 and M7060) can have it.

I really need a creep gear for my water wheel transplanter. I don't need it often, but when I need it I need it. It will be another $4-5k to jump up to the 6060 that is creep gear compatible.

Is there any chance I could install an aftermarket creep gear if Kubota will not provide me that option?

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
On a related note, I am looking to buy a new tractor and my preferred model for my needs is the M5660SUHD. I was ready to pull the trigger at the dealer when I found out that this model cannot have a creep gear installed. Does anyone know why? The other M60 models (M6060 and M7060) can have it.

I really need a creep gear for my water wheel transplanter. I don't need it often, but when I need it I need it. It will be another $4-5k to jump up to the 6060 that is creep gear compatible.

Is there any chance I could install an aftermarket creep gear if Kubota will not provide me that option?
That's a great question. The 5660 appears to have the same transmission as the 6060, well F8/R8 at least, but creep range isn't even offered as an option in the "Build My Kubota" utility on Kubota's website. The 6060 and 7060 share the same engine, but with my very limited knowledge I would think that the transmission is the relevant variable, and assuming that the 6060 and 5660 share the same one, you'd think that creep would be an option. I suggest you talk to a knowledgeable Kubota technician about this.

Kubota does weird stuff on the "Build My Kubota" page. They still list backhoe attachment options for the M60 tractors such as frames, but don't offer a backhoe any more. :unsure:

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
The M6060 is a different transmission than the M5660!

The M5660SU is a stripped down / economy series lacking the finer details of the full models.

M5660SU

1683823376479.png

M6060

1683823337554.png

M6060 Creep kit

1683823288305.png

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
The M6060 is a different transmission than the M5660!

The M5660SU is a stripped down / economy series lacking the finer details of the full models.
@North Idaho Wolfman, thanks for digging that up. I learn something every day on this forum. Not all F8/R8s are created equal it seems. Not good news for @Peregrine Foxfire, although he'll love the M6060 if he gets one.

Reactions: 1 user