Not open for further replies.

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, B2650, Gator, Ingersoll mower
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
Re: Man Made Global COOLING?!

Looks pretty grim, but has anyone checked to make sure this guy didn't photoshop HIS numbers? As long as we are going to talk hoaxes, may as well be skeptical in an even handed way. :D

There would seem to be a lot of "honest" debate on the AAAS website about different aspects of the issue. It is not a trivial or simple issue. Sorting through the original papers is/would be a lot of work.

CaveCreekRay

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800 HST, KingKutter box scraper, KingKutter 66" rake, County Pride Subsoiler
Jul 11, 2014
Cave Creek, AZ

I have only followed that author for a year or so but thus far, I have never seen any posts by someone questioning his historical data or his logic.

The historical data tells a story. It's essential we try to learn what it tells us about the past. When we better understand that, we can better under stand both where we may be heading and the context of the factual data used to say otherwise. All the data must be offered and considered, not just that portion which supports one specific theory.

:)

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada

Just heard today that Trudeau up here will need to X4 the Carbon Taxes here PDQ if he wants to 'meet the goals'. Problem is NO amount of 'carbon tax money' has or will REDUCE the 'carbon footprint'. Things that move still need burnable fuels, homes need heat in winter, etc. NO reduction in usage, just higher taxes....

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA

Trudeau needs to fix his eyebrows first....

Sure glad I don't live in Canada. 40 miles is close enough.

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
Oct 28, 2018
USA

Tarmy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L2800, BH76A, FEL,box scraper
Nov 17, 2009
Lake Almanor, Ca

At least you guys aren***8217;t paying for it like we are...

Winter blend gas...4-5 bucks a gal...

Electricity...when it works...very expensive cause our Governor is requiring alternative emissions free (wind/solar) generation. They want to close the damn dams cause the fishies are getting hurt.

Gas taxes are some of the highest in nation...yet the money does not go to roads...goes to all kinds of feel good crap...

When you build a house...no fireplace, no gas anything...incredible Title 24 requirements and solar mandatory in many cities..

It goes on and on...

Then there is the taxes...and anti 2A stuff...

BUT...we can ski and surf the same day bro...:cool:

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
1979 B7100DT Gear, Nissan Hanix N150-2 Excavator
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ

Ray, that second one was priceless! It should be on every bill board in the country, and broadcast on all media hourly.

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, B2650, Gator, Ingersoll mower
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan

And now the climate change hoaxers want to rename it into something more scary to get more people on board. GLOBAL MELTDOWN or CLIMATE COLLAPSE!!

The real danger isnt climate change its gullible people.

https://adage.com/article/industry-...-new-name-finally-make-us-take-action/2218821

Well I can sure agree with you on the gullible people! The real problem is that on both sides there are plenty of people passionately speaking half truths as if they were gospel. To check the details of the video that Ray posted a while back, where the data was manipulated dishonestly would be a lot of work. And virtually no one does it. The thing that I object to is he says where he got a graph in rough terms, e.g. NOAA, but doesn't cite the source (journal, author, date, to make it possible to check).
If you read the papers and the Science climate forum, there is plenty of civil discussion and disagreement on the details of various models. There is no indication to me anyway of intentional hoaxes, but just genuine concern. The internet world that Ray sees is pretty bleak, and is very different from my country life and ivory tower.

Political theories aside, what I don't understand is why some people are so unwilling to consider that humans are having an adverse effect on environment and climate? What do you or they have to lose by being careful and using as little "stuff" as possible? And yes, walking to school?

motionclone

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L345DT with Lp mower, forks and grapple thumb, Bobcat 337 Midi Ex
May 4, 2018
Maine

Well I can sure agree with you on the gullible people! The real problem is that on both sides there are plenty of people passionately speaking half truths as if they were gospel. To check the details of the video that Ray posted a while back, where the data was manipulated dishonestly would be a lot of work. And virtually no one does it. The thing that I object to is he says where he got a graph in rough terms, e.g. NOAA, but doesn't cite the source (journal, author, date, to make it possible to check).
If you read the papers and the Science climate forum, there is plenty of civil discussion and disagreement on the details of various models. There is no indication to me anyway of intentional hoaxes, but just genuine concern. The internet world that Ray sees is pretty bleak, and is very different from my country life and ivory tower.

Political theories aside, what I don't understand is why some people are so unwilling to consider that humans are having an adverse effect on environment and climate? What do you or they have to lose by being careful and using as little "stuff" as possible? And yes, walking to school?
So lies and propaganda on both sides we can agree on.

Heres why its hard to believe:

1. Lies and Propaganda are forced on us. If it was real lies would not be necessary.

2. One side of the argument wants to impose sanction, regulation, loss of FREEDOMS. If it was a real issue these wouldnt be problems but rather welcome fixes by all.

3. Hypocrisy: while going on about saving the environment these same people destroy it. If it was a real problem that wouldnt be happening.

4. The political side that believes in Man Made Climate Change have their children working for Ukrainian Gas companies.

Sure wish global warming was real, there would be a lot less cold people.

Last edited:

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019

re: ...Winter blend gas...4-5 bucks a gal...

Heck I've paid that or more for YEARS up here ! and that's the CHEAP ( low octane) stuff !!! hmm, pump oil western oil to texas, comes back as gas, so someone south of the 49th gets a HUGE paycheck...

Electricity is about 25 cents per KwH and I'm 64 minutes from Niagara Falls....

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City

I get electrical power at my farm from Heartland Rural Electrical Cooperative. They do an excellent job. Owned by the folks they serve. Elec is .11 KWH.

Tarmy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L2800, BH76A, FEL,box scraper
Nov 17, 2009
Lake Almanor, Ca

re: ...Winter blend gas...4-5 bucks a gal...

Heck I've paid that or more for YEARS up here ! and that's the CHEAP ( low octane) stuff !!! hmm, pump oil western oil to texas, comes back as gas, so someone south of the 49th gets a HUGE paycheck...

Electricity is about 25 cents per KwH and I'm 64 minutes from Niagara Falls....
Isn’t your gallon an “imperial” gallon?

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
Apr 2, 2019

I've already converted from ,ugh, litres to US gallons... 3.78 L / USG as well as canucks to greenbacks....

'funny' thing is that while Canada is 'metric' when the cops and media want a 'bad guy' he's 6 FOOT 2, weighs 210 POUNDS......
all my temperature sensors I design/build are in *F NOT *C...

Jay

twomany

Equipment
B7200
Jul 10, 2017
Vermont

Forbes has published interesting pieces from time to time.

Here is one that offers some perspective.
https://www.forbes.com/sites/robert...mate-exaggeration-is-backfiring/#f915f746ab0f

Another aspect, increased standards of living result in decreased family size.
Energy use contributes to increased standards of living.

Burning fossil fuel today, raising the living standard for many, may end up DECREASING CO2 emissions considerably in two or three generations.

Something to think about.

Last edited:

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
Apr 2, 2019

looks like Canada might actually build a few nukes ( way past due...) !
'they' finally figured out wind and solar are LOSERS....

I heard they'll be 2nd gen CANDU, so super safe.

CaveCreekRay

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800 HST, KingKutter box scraper, KingKutter 66" rake, County Pride Subsoiler
Jul 11, 2014
Cave Creek, AZ
Last edited:

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
Oct 28, 2018
USA

GJ,

In that futurist thread I posted yesterday, the guy feels certain we'll have FUSION reactors the size of a shipping container in 5-10 years. Each one will power 100,000 homes with zero emissions.

Oh, and human composting coming to Seattle!

https://www.zerohedge.com/health/worlds-first-human-composting-facility-coming-seattle-2021
Charlie Hesston wasn't far off.... Soylent Green......:D

Actually, they need to compost the feces that is on the sidewalks in Frisco.

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
Apr 2, 2019

We'll never have cheap, unlimited energy as 'they' won't make any money then and that's the true bottom line. We could have small nukes everywhere,not going to happen, no profit for 'them' as it's a one shot deal. It's more 'marketing' than science. Create a 'demand', sell stuff, repeat to get every dime from the people.

As far as composting human feces... China has done that for centuries..continues today, frankly everyone does it with cows and pigs and horses and sheep so really adding humans into the mix is not a big deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.