Not open for further replies.

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
Re: Man Made Global COOLING?!

When it comes to where and how we live, I believe it's our responsibility to leave this earth with it being a bit better then when we got here. It's a pretty tough goal considering the increase in population and it's consumption of goods.

The part that makes one want to give up is when we, the public, is under constant bombardment to make us aware of "carbon footprint". Then I see a government, or an individual in the government who's doing the preaching and regulating, that violates all the principles that get thrown at the population.

Here's an example. I live a couple of miles from a small town of 5,000. A few years ago their sewer treatment plant apparently had some mechanical problem. The city didn't have the funds to get it repaired, I'm told, so they hauled the sewage to a field and dumped it. The area is a flood plain. It was left on the surface.

This is right across the road from where we live. This went on for about 3 days from 7AM to about 7PM, with a load every 20 minutes. On the 4th day I took some pictures. Even followed them with the Ranger taking pictures of them dumping. Went to the city manager, and after a long wait (I'm sure they though I give up waiting and go home) the discussion with him was, "It's not sewage, it's sludge." His contention was it's legal and not causing any environmental problem.

I could go on, but this kind of "crap" is what makes all those barking to clean up something loose all their bite!

Oh, I did tell the city manager to have a cook out at his house and invite all his friend, but have the city dump a few loads of his so called "sludge" to the south west of his house the day of the party. Then ask his friends what they smell, and see if any of them say "sludge"!

Attachments

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada

'hot off the press' here, is that the Hamilton City fathers kept 'mum' about a 24 BILLION litre( 6 BILLION gallons ) of 'sewage' that was allowed to be dumped into sensitive marsh lands that feed into Lake Ontario.

Oliver

Equipment
L2501, JD 3520
Feb 2, 2011
Preston County, WV

Well this month was the 10 year anniversary of Climategate.

https://www.intellectualtakeout.org...AD0NnNWBDTAQpTKS6CF4im2gS1G7hBGgFkqWy3a7azd-Y

......If one considers the composition of the atmosphere and equates it to the height of the Eiffel Tower in Paris, the extra plant-fertilizing CO2 added to the atmosphere since California became the 31st state of the United States in 1850 is less than the thickness of tiles under the Tower.

Can this tiny increase really explain any observed global warming since the Little Ice Age ended, and the modern industrial era began? Since California became a state, the measured global rise in atmospheric temperature has been less than 10C. But most of this increase occurred prior to 1940, and average planetary temperatures fell from around 1943 until about 1978, leading to a global cooling scare. Temperatures rose slightly until 1998, then mostly remained stable, even as carbon dioxide levels continued to rise. Rising CO2 levels and temperature variations do not correlate very well at all.

Moreover, during the well-documented Medieval Warm Period from about 950 to 1350, warmer global temperatures allowed Viking farmers to raise crops and tend cattle in Greenland. The equally well documented 500-year Little Ice Age starved and froze the Vikings out of Greenland, before reaching its coldest point, the Maunder Minimum, 1645-1715. That***8217;s when England***8217;s River Thames regularly froze over, Norwegian farmers demanded compensation for lands buried by advancing glaciers, and priests performed exorcism rituals to keep alpine glaciers away from villages. Paintings from the era show crowds of people ice skating and driving horse-drawn carriages on the Thames.

Industry and automobile emissions obviously played no role in either the MWP or the LIA......

Last edited:

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City

If we were really dedicated to reducing the carbon footprint here's the saw we should be using.

BigG

Equipment
l2501, FEL, BB, Rotary cutter, rake,spreader, roller, etc. New Holland TL80 A
Sep 14, 2018
West Central,FL

If we were really dedicated to reducing the carbon footprint here's the saw we should be using.

Does that come in a right hand model?

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019

It's EASY to solve tyeh 'Man Made global COOLING' and warming at the same time.
Simply have everyone who believes in it,to STOP BREATHING ! There, no more 'bad' CO2:)

CaveCreekRay

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800 HST, KingKutter box scraper, KingKutter 66" rake, County Pride Subsoiler
Jul 11, 2014
Cave Creek, AZ

However, when 99% of all climate scientist agree that we have an impending climate crisis, I would err on the side of believing them.

Problem is, 99% of the scientific community does not believe that. But, that number is constantly bandied about. True science is not about consensus anyway. It's about repeatable experimentation that supports a scientific hypothesis. Notice that those caught "fudging data" are always those pushing man-made global warming? Never on the other side. Why?

One researcher says after 35 years in that field, it's clear that funding from the government only supports those who support one side, not the other. Those in academia who rely on government funding know it is suicide to present anything but a supporting the "man-caused" argument. The whole issue is inextricably contaminated by political influence.

Unlike Ray, I tend to separate out the politics from my read of the science.

The problem is, the science is largely funded by the governmental agencies or NGOs pushing the theory. Read the quotes by the government officials in my prior post who admit freely now that the whole climate issue is not really about the climate but about some political aim using the fear of climate catastrophe as a way to get people to get in line.

I am all about keeping our planet as clean and neat as we can. My house and shop is totally solar powered and I produce enough excess solar energy to charge a vehicle if I chose to get one. That means that, unlike 96% of the electric vehicles that run on coal, atomic, or other fuel source, my car would run totally on power from the sun. But the environmental justification for trashing a perfectly good older vehicle I drive less than 2000 miles a year just doesn't exist right now. The environmental effects of producing automotive lithium batteries is considerable.

We all have choices. We all make our own determinations. I just reject one side whipping this into an "end of the planet" argument when it clearly isn't and there is ZERO data to support that idea. It smacks of pure hysterical propaganda. In fact, many climate "experts" cannot even decide which argument they support: Warming or cooling? Many promoters of man-caused global climate change continually use data that excludes longer term data points that refute their claims.

Take sea rise for example. Algore said the East coast would be under ten feet of water by now. Truth is, the oceans have been slowly rising for thousands of years since the glaciers receded. But Manhattan is still dry.

The climate is changing as it always has and always will. Man has little if any effect on that change.

It has been said that Mt. Pinatubo in five weeks of eruptions produced more so-called "green house gasses" that all those produced by mankind since the industrial revolution. Does anyone stop to think about all the undersea volcanoes erupting right this minute that we never hear about? I have heard estimates that 5-10 minor eruptions occur worldwide every day with major ones every month. Who knows for sure? Creeping plate tectonics also expose geologically active lava flows and gaseous vents that have been venting gasses for millennia.That is a normal part of a geologically active planet. The gasses released by those vents and eruptions are unstoppable and far more voluminous that those released by mankind.

The one part of the predictive climate models that I find odd is most of the earlier attempts have no input for the biggest heat producing object in our solar system: The Sun.

Recent modeling has attempted to take in some of the variables but solar variances and behavior render most modeling inconsistent and incomprehensible. Trying to make an equation to model Mother Nature is far too complex. I prefer those who look at historical evidence as a clue to where we are headed. And those scientists are suggesting its going to get a lot cooler before we see any warming.

CaveCreekRay

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jul 11, 2014
Cave Creek, AZ

Len,

What's the turning radius of that thing? Lol...

BigG

Equipment
l2501, FEL, BB, Rotary cutter, rake,spreader, roller, etc. New Holland TL80 A
Sep 14, 2018
West Central,FL

Here's the new low carbon, easy start tractor.

My dad had a little 2 wheel tractor with a 5 hp B&S. I made a small 2 trailer to hook to it. It was a blast just to ride it. No seat just step up on and ride. As a kid it was fast......2 or 3 mph!

CaveCreekRay

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jul 11, 2014
Cave Creek, AZ

Mmmm... Getting turned into Soylent green and then getting your liquid bits flushed down the toilet or sprayed as fertilizer, while your bone bits are returned. Novel concept there Len. I encourage those interested to pursue it.

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa

Soylent green,,,LMAO :D thats funny Ray really funny. Sad thing is none of the young kids today have a clue what you are talking about

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa

As long as someone is making money from it, this lie will never stop

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
Apr 2, 2019

hmmm... wonder if ainyone's 'done the math' to see how many TONS of CO2 could be saved if the 'climate change activists' didn't use computers to spread their lies....
computers need electricity, often generated by fossil fuels.....and of course the MAKING of computers requires thosands of tons of CO2....

AndyM

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX25DTLB
Sep 21, 2016
Vancouver Island Canada

And it shows up everywhere. Since Bloomberg bought our business channel we now get unending green nonsense. It's almost unwatchable.

Status
Not open for further replies.